Office of NE Rep. Dr. Cynic: Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:05:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of NE Rep. Dr. Cynic: Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of NE Rep. Dr. Cynic: Announcement  (Read 1237 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »
« edited: May 11, 2015, 02:11:08 PM by Northeast Rep. Dr. Cynic »

So, I don't have the patience to go looking for the last office I created, so here's this little placeholder for the NE campaign. I've done a bunch of stuff in the NE and otherwise. I may have held every office one can hold except Justice and Attorney Genl. Not that I mind that.

Stop by, hang out, question me or whatever you want. I'm like Henry Blake, you can get away with just about anything here as long as you're not doing anything horrible.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »

With the repeal of the Restoration of the Arts Act in the Northeast going through the Assembly, I will say that I hope the next Assembly will take into consideration making arts courses such as Music and Drama just as important as a class like gym.

Education should not just be about the three R's, though they are surely important. Education should enrich the lives of students. Arts courses such as music and drama should be taught so that students can explore their creativity. When I was in school music and drama were electives. Music was an expensive elective as well (we had to pay a deposit on our instruments, so I never took it because my family simply could not afford to pay the deposit).

These are classes that should be taught if not daily, then at least twice a week. If I'm elected to the assembly, I will look to author a bill on just that very thing.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:50:41 PM »

With the repeal of the Restoration of the Arts Act in the Northeast going through the Assembly, I will say that I hope the next Assembly will take into consideration making arts courses such as Music and Drama just as important as a class like gym.

Education should not just be about the three R's, though they are surely important. Education should enrich the lives of students. Arts courses such as music and drama should be taught so that students can explore their creativity. When I was in school music and drama were electives. Music was an expensive elective as well (we had to pay a deposit on our instruments, so I never took it because my family simply could not afford to pay the deposit).

These are classes that should be taught if not daily, then at least twice a week. If I'm elected to the assembly, I will look to author a bill on just that very thing.

We are already debating a bill, at this very moment, to require arts classes at least once a week.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:32:22 PM »

We are already debating a bill, at this very moment, to require arts classes at least once a week.

Good. I'm glad to see that. In fact, when I'd written that, the bill wasn't up yet, but I am still glad to see it and I hope it passes the Assembly, if not before the term, then I hope it's reintroduced, because I'd hate to see the arts just left out in limbo with the likely repeal of the Arts Restoration Act coming.

I hope though that the bill's author will consider things such as the cost of instruments for students. Like I said, when I was a student, I'd wanted to take music, but there was a required monetary deposit, so I'm hopeful that the Assembly will consider waiving such things to allow students to participate who otherwise would not be able to.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »

Good. I'm glad to see that. In fact, when I'd written that, the bill wasn't up yet, but I am still glad to see it and I hope it passes the Assembly, if not before the term, then I hope it's reintroduced, because I'd hate to see the arts just left out in limbo with the likely repeal of the Arts Restoration Act coming.

I hope though that the bill's author will consider things such as the cost of instruments for students. Like I said, when I was a student, I'd wanted to take music, but there was a required monetary deposit, so I'm hopeful that the Assembly will consider waiving such things to allow students to participate who otherwise would not be able to.

Classes have monetary deposits? What kind of school district did you go to?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »

Classes have monetary deposits? What kind of school district did you go to?

Ringgold School District. Now, you could do things like Drama and Choir for free. (Although our drama department had a whopping $55 budget, so so we and the teacher often paid out of pocket to put on shows, such as when we did MASH) However, instruments cost money and everyone in band or who took the instrument lessons had to buy their instruments. Last time I remember it was $75 dollars to do it. Now, that may have changed since I've not been in school for 10 years almost, but that was how it was done.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »

If you live in the NE and you haven't voted yet, go do it! There are six candidates running for five seats, so one of us is gonna get jobbed. Will it be me or someone else? Either way, best go vote so your favorite doesn't!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 01:51:01 AM »

It's been a good election. I'm not sure if I'm back in or not, but either way, congrats to all the winners and I look forward to seeing what's in store for Atlasia's future.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 02:03:22 AM »

Pretty sure you're in. Congrats.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »

Congrats Smiley

It's excellent news that you are back in government.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »

Thank you!

I look forward to another go round and hopefully making the NE a better place with the other elected Representatives.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:24 AM »

Congrats Smiley

It's excellent news that you are back in government.

Indeed. Long overdue.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 05:37:17 AM »

To paraphrase someone else:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 10:33:01 PM »

It'll be an honor to serve with you once again, Dr. Cynic Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 03:15:18 PM »

Governor Sawx has quite rightly taken a stand against the confederation as they seemingly attempt to hold the state of New Hampshire hostage until the federal government recognizes their demands. Even though they deny being terrorists, this is exactly what they are. The Governor has quite rightly responded to the threat in our region.

I also strongly support the stance taken by the Bore Administration, particularly SOIA Barnes, who has been very strong in his role in standing up to the agitation brought on by these confederates. I'm fully confidant that this situation will be brought to a swift conclusion. There are democratic means by which these individuals can bring their concerns. This is not the way to do it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »

I'm hosting a town hall today for NE citizens. Anything I can do for you?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 02:15:16 PM »

I will continue to serve out my term in the Northeast Assembly and I will not seek re-election.

I've not felt as though I'm being particularly useful during this session and debate has been very slow, which I'm certainly somewhat to blame for as I've not written any bills for the coming term.

I'll consider my future in due course.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies