Rubio announces presidential candidacy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:36:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio announces presidential candidacy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Rubio announces presidential candidacy  (Read 7566 times)
CountryClassSF

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 12:17:25 PM »

I'm excited about Rubio.  He's come a long way.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »

Do the Florida presidential and senatorial primaries take place on the same day?
And if so, can he run for both?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »

Do the Florida presidential and senatorial primaries take place on the same day?
I don't think that is the issue. Rubio has said numerous times that if he throws his hat in the ring for the Republican nomination, he will not run for reelection. A win-win for everyone, in my opinion.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »

BAM! been saying for three years Marco Rubio will be the republican candidate in 2016.

Hi opponent will be...

Hillary Clinton.

2016 Clinton vs Rubio. BOOK IT!!

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 01:02:56 PM »

He won't win a state
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »

Everybody expects a presidential announcement, so my bet is he announces he won't run & defer to Jeb Bush,  imagine that? Rubio, a tea party acolyte endorsing Bush, he has a better shot in 2020, will have the Romney & Bushies pimping for him big time. What ever happens, time is on his side. Imagine all the free publicity he garners from all the speculation on his attentions. You can bet his "announcement" is designed to deflate all the stories around Hillary,  wouldn't be surprised if Jeb was behind all the fanfare! 😉
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »

Everybody expects a presidential announcement, so my bet is he announces he won't run & defer to Jeb Bush,  imagine that? Rubio, a tea party acolyte endorsing Bush, he has a better shot in 2020, will have the Romney & Bushies pimping for him big time. What ever happens, time is on his side. Imagine all the free publicity he garners from all the speculation on his attentions. You can bet his "announcement" is designed to deflate all the stories around Hillary,  wouldn't be surprised if Jeb was behind all the fanfare! 😉

Posted this in another thread but as a Republican yourself, I will post again so you see it.

Hmmm a young hispanic senator from the must win swing state of Florida?

- The new generation vs the old generation in Hilary?
- Young and Hispanic whose open to immigration reform. Hmmm hispanics when push come to shove, should I vote for the 1% in Hilary Clinton that has no idea what its like to be me or Marco Rubio and help elect the first hispanic president of the United States?? HMMM
- Great Speaker from humble beginnings. Wait the Democrat nominee will be the 1% that is all about Wall Street and the Republican candidate will have grown up with nothing from two parents that worked their butts off to put food on the table?! HMMMM
- Rubio is one of the few if not only Republicans with a realistic path to 270 electoral votes.
- Rubio will be in his 40s on a debate stage with Hilary who will be 70 and is a grandmother.
- HMMM who did Hilary lose the nomination to back in 2008??

Thats just the start, i could list countless other reasons why he's the perfect fit to be the republican nominee in 2016.

Not to mention he by far scares the democrats more than ANYONE else the republicans are running. They would be ecstatic if any of Walker. Bush, Christie, Paul etc. won the nomination.

They know for countless reasons the republicans have one candidate with a real path to 270 electoral votes and his name is Marco Rubio. The Clintons know this as well their no fools. Quite the coincidence she declares the DAY BEFORE Rubio, to take away from his announcement. That would be one heck of a coincidence.

There is one other candidate that had a path to 270 electoral votes running on the republican side and his name is Jeb Bush. Unfortunately, for him we have had two Bush presidents already and the country isn't ready for a third. So unfortunately for him he is eliminated, even though if his last name wasn't Bush he would be the only candidate with a real path to 270 electoral votes like Marco Rubio.

Democrats fear Marco Rubio for good reason.

Your 2016 election will be Rubio vs. Clinton. We will see who wins, it will be an EXTREMELY close election.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 01:44:58 PM »

I'm so happy we're getting rid of Marco Rubio and shipping him off to Iowa.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 01:50:45 PM »

What about Jeb Bush?
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 01:51:41 PM »

Hahaha you will be seeing a ton more of him my friend Tongue

He will either be the 2016 nominee for the republicans or governor of florida in 2018. He's FAR FAR away from going anywhere Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:47 PM »

He will either be the 2016 nominee for the republicans or governor of florida in 2018. He's FAR FAR away from going anywhere Wink
Adam Putnam will be Governor in 2018, actually. The RPOF has already decided that.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:50 PM »

Jeb has a path to 270 electoral vote but unfortunately his last name won't allow him to reach that mark. Is that fair? No not even a little bit but thats the simple truth.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »

Adam Putnam will be Governor in 2018, actually. The RPOF has already decided that.

Hahaha that's very very far in the future. Let's see who gets the nominee in 2016 before we worry about 2018 tho.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »

Like i've been saying there is ONE and only ONE candidate the republicans have that can defeat Hilary Clinton.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 02:04:45 PM »

Jeb has a path to 270 electoral vote but unfortunately his last name won't allow him to reach that mark. Is that fair? No not even a little bit but thats the simple truth.
And Clinton's name doesn't hurt her? Hillary is her own person, and the voters see that, and they will see the same about Jeb as much as the base hates her.

Hahaha that's very very far in the future. Let's see who gets the nominee in 2016 before we worry about 2018 tho.
No, no, it's not too far in the future. In fact, it is already starting to play out.

Like i've been saying there is ONE and only ONE candidate the republicans have that can defeat Hilary Clinton.
And his name is not Marco Rubio.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »

I just don't see the point of two Republicans from Florida with similar views running for President in the same year.

(Rubio and Bush are ideologically very similar, right?)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »

Not a serious candidate.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2015, 02:47:27 PM »

Yeah, it's not 2012 anymore.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 02:50:46 PM by 2016election »

hahahaha Marco Rubio isn't a serious candidate??? Let me guess the only two serious candidates are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....tea party cracks me up...neither will sniff the nomination.

Figured most of these forums would be filled with HARD leftist and tea partiers who support Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....pretty much as expected.

Hillary would win 320-350 Electoral votes against either Cruz or Paul, Wake up LOL
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2015, 02:50:27 PM »

I don't think that is the issue. Rubio has said numerous times that if he throws his hat in the ring for the Republican nomination, he will not run for reelection. A win-win for everyone, in my opinion.

Can he really be that stupid? He knows that he needn't build his hopes up...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2015, 02:51:03 PM »

hahahaha Marco Rubioe isn't a serious candidate??? Let me guess the only two serious candidates are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....tea party cracks me up...neither will sniff the nomination.
Neither will Rubio. In fact, he wreaks of Giuliani. A weaker version who will never, ever be the frontrunner. Cut the Rubio hackery and take a sniff of reality.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »

Rubio's options and why hes running for president:

- Win the nominee (Best case)
- Lose the nominee and be on the short list for VP
- Loses nominee and loses out on VP run for governor in 2018 of Florida
- Run for president again in 2024

He doesn't want to be in the senate anymore, nothing gets done, no power to make things happen and heck he could make a TON more money going into consulting the next year or two and than run for governor in 2018.

Staying in the senate does very little for what he wants to accomplish. Seems pretty obvious to me thats the case and the reason he doesn't care about the seat at all.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 02:55:10 PM »

hahahaha Marco Rubioe isn't a serious candidate??? Let me guess the only two serious candidates are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....tea party cracks me up...neither will sniff the nomination.
Neither will Rubio. In fact, he wreaks of Giuliani. A weaker version who will never, ever be the frontrunner. Cut the Rubio hackery and take a sniff of reality.

So who are you supporting on the republican side? I'm curious?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »

So who are you supporting on the republican side? I'm curious?
Ideologically, Rand Paul, but my passion is the FL-GOP and I have worked on numerous campaigns. So I wouldn't mind Bush, Rubio (even though he is NOT going to be the nominee), Christie, Pataki, or any candidate with a chance of beating Hillary.

What campaigns have you worked for? What do YOU contribute to Marco Rubio besides inane ramblings? I'm curious?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »

hahahaha Marco Rubio isn't a serious candidate??? Let me guess the only two serious candidates are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....tea party cracks me up...neither will sniff the nomination.

Figured most of these forums would be filled with HARD leftist and tea partiers who support Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....pretty much as expected.

Hillary would win 320-350 Electoral votes against either Cruz or Paul, Wake up LOL

First off, I assume you get stern marks from your teacher for your horrific grammar skills.

Second, don't dare straw man me as a "Tea Partier". I'm surely to your left on a whole host of issues. No I don't think Ted Cruz is a serious general election candidate, but unlike Rubio, he appeals to a non-marginal amount of GOPers and has a serious chance of winning the nomination. I think serious general election candidates include - Scott Walker, Rand Paul, and MAYBE Jeb Bush if he does enough to make distance between himself and his brother (which I doubt). The rest either don't have the resources to do battle with Clinton, the support within the GOP to pick up the nomination, or the positions necessary to win a general election.

But you're probably 12, so no need to write a master thesis.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies