Rubio announces presidential candidacy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:41:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio announces presidential candidacy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Rubio announces presidential candidacy  (Read 7564 times)
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 03:00:59 PM »
« edited: April 13, 2015, 03:06:10 PM by 2016election »

Honestly? Nothing, I just think he has the best shot to win the electoral votes to win the white house and I want a Republican back in the white house simple as that. Last thing we need is the SNAKE Hilary winning.

With that said based on who i'm most aligned with? Rand Paul if i could choose the 2016 president I would chose him, hands down and that's the honest truth.

I just see a much clearer path to the 270 electoral votes for Rubio than paul and is the reason I am currently supporting him, that's all..
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »

hahahaha Marco Rubio isn't a serious candidate??? Let me guess the only two serious candidates are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....tea party cracks me up...neither will sniff the nomination.

Figured most of these forums would be filled with HARD leftist and tea partiers who support Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....pretty much as expected.

Hillary would win 320-350 Electoral votes against either Cruz or Paul, Wake up LOL

First off, I assume you get stern marks from your teacher for your horrific grammar skills.

Second, don't dare straw man me as a "Tea Partier". I'm surely to your left on a whole host of issues. No I don't think Ted Cruz is a serious general election candidate, but unlike Rubio, he appeals to a non-marginal amount of GOPers and has a serious chance of winning the nomination. I think serious general election candidates include - Scott Walker, Rand Paul, and MAYBE Jeb Bush if he does enough to make distance between himself and his brother (which I doubt). The rest either don't have the resources to do battle with Clinton, the support within the GOP to pick up the nomination, or the positions necessary to win a general election.

But you're probably 12, so no need to write a master thesis.

Actually, no I would gladly support a Rand Paul 2016 win, happily!

Once people start commenting on GRAMMAR on here you know it's time to cute the conversation with them. Your from Kentucky and support Rand SHOCKER! With that said I would be ecstatic to see him win in 2016.

Rand Paul can attract different races and people from different backgrounds to vote for him similar to Rubio. How doe walker do this? How does Bush get people to forget about his last name?

Where is Rand Paul's realistic map against Hilary for 270 electoral votes, because if you can convince me of that I would whole heartily support him. The last person we need to see in the white house is the SNAKE her self Hilary Clinton.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »

hahahaha Marco Rubio isn't a serious candidate??? Let me guess the only two serious candidates are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....tea party cracks me up...neither will sniff the nomination.

Figured most of these forums would be filled with HARD leftist and tea partiers who support Rand Paul and Ted Cruz....pretty much as expected.

Hillary would win 320-350 Electoral votes against either Cruz or Paul, Wake up LOL

First off, I assume you get stern marks from your teacher for your horrific grammar skills.

Second, don't dare straw man me as a "Tea Partier". I'm surely to your left on a whole host of issues. No I don't think Ted Cruz is a serious general election candidate, but unlike Rubio, he appeals to a non-marginal amount of GOPers and has a serious chance of winning the nomination. I think serious general election candidates include - Scott Walker, Rand Paul, and MAYBE Jeb Bush if he does enough to make distance between himself and his brother (which I doubt). The rest either don't have the resources to do battle with Clinton, the support within the GOP to pick up the nomination, or the positions necessary to win a general election.

Once people start commenting on GRAMMAR on here you know it's time to cute the conversation with them. Your from Kentucky and support Rand SHOCKER! With that said I would be ecstatic to see him win in 2016.

Rand Paul can attract different races and people from different backgrounds to vote for him similar to Rubio. How doe walker do this? How does Bush get people to forget about his last name?

Where is Rand Paul's realistic map against Hilary for 270 electoral votes, because if you can convince me of that I would whole heartily support him. The last person we need to see in the white house is the SNAKE her self Hilary Clinton.
...except that he is not from Kentucky.

PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 03:15:52 PM by 2016election »

...except that he is not from Kentucky.

Ahhh okay, thanks for picking that out of everything i said....

Like I said I would be 100% behind Rand Paul if i saw a real path to 270 electoral votes.

Democrats have made politics about skin color and gender:  being the first....1) African American (Obama) 2) Woman (Hilary Clinton) 3) Hispanic president (Julian Castro in 2024).

A white male would have a VERY VERY difficult time beating Hilary, if you can't see that than we will agree to disagree.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 03:14:53 PM »

damn, looks like the republican primary is already getting nasty
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 03:23:17 PM by 2016election »

Coming from the party that's willing to elect a 1%er and BIG wall street backer as their nominee? She stands for so much of what liberals don't that you may confuse her as a center-right candidate if you didn't know better. Cracks me up, anything to give yourself a shot at the white house.

Did you see Bill's second term as president? He ran this country as a conservative. Hilary Clinton would be a MILLION times better as a president for republicans interest than Obama or Warren ever would be.

Obama was awful, GOD AWFUL, but WARREN would be our worse nightmare.

Hillary, well i wouldn't be happy but there's not many liberals out there I would rather see win the white house than her.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 03:21:44 PM »

Hahaha you will be seeing a ton more of him my friend Tongue

He will either be the 2016 nominee for the republicans or governor of florida in 2018. He's FAR FAR away from going anywhere Wink
Adam Putnam will be Governor in 2018, actually. The RPOF has already decided that.

Hahaha that's very very far in the future. Let's see who gets the nominee in 2016 before we worry about 2018 tho.
No, no, it's not too far in the future. In fact, it is already starting to play out.

Sanchez is right here - the RPOF thinks very far ahead, and the Tally crowd has basically already elected Putnam. Though that's been thrown into a bit of doubt as a result of Atwater's decision to not challenge Murphy, it's still the most likely scenario. The RPOF right now seems to be consumed by coup rumors over the Speaker of the House in 2021 - 2018's already all but settled.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »

He's politically retarded and he won't make it to Iowa.
Former Democrat
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »

Best announcement speech so far
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2015, 05:43:02 PM »

Why is this man's mouth always dry. Good speach but I just couldn't help but notice he was in dire need of water by the half way mark.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »

Why is this man's mouth always dry. Good speach but I just couldn't help but notice he was in dire need of water.

It happens to me too when I do public speaking. Marco Rubio is a candidate I can relate to.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »

Why is this man's mouth always dry. Good speach but I just couldn't help but notice he was in dire need of water by the half way mark.

He'll get better. Soon his mouth will learn to water itself when he starts speaking. By the end of the primaries he will be slobbering whenever he speaks.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2015, 05:48:20 PM »

It was a good speech and his performance was excellent.

There was a bit of a Logan's Run feel about it with all the talk of it being the time for a new generation and how the old folks should be left in the past.
Angel of Death
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »

Why do some politicians sound like they're on the verge of crying? Rubio is like the male Kelly Ayotte.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2015, 07:08:02 PM »

Why do some politicians sound like they're on the verge of crying? Rubio is like the male Kelly Ayotte.

Maybe I missed something by only listening on the radio... but I thought the content of the speech (hackneyed though it is) was decent, but the delivery sounded nervous.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »

Great speech. Far better than Cruz's, and better than Hillary's "come at me minorities!" video.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »

Great speech. Far better than Cruz's, and better than Hillary's "come at me minorities!" video.

Oh yay, we've got another one.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2015, 07:26:15 PM »

Oh yay, we've got another one.
Not saying Hillary's was bad, but the undertones were really evident. Hillary herself did deliver her (rather short) speech really well.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2015, 11:20:54 PM »

I am very pleased to see Senator Rubio announce his Presidential candidacy on my birthday, as well as Thomas Jefferson's birthday, April 13.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2015, 12:45:30 AM »

Rubio's options and why hes running for president:

- Win the nominee (Best case)
- Lose the nominee and be on the short list for VP
- Loses nominee and loses out on VP run for governor in 2018 of Florida
- Run for president again in 2024

He doesn't want to be in the senate anymore, nothing gets done, no power to make things happen and heck he could make a TON more money going into consulting the next year or two and than run for governor in 2018.

Staying in the senate does very little for what he wants to accomplish. Seems pretty obvious to me thats the case and the reason he doesn't care about the seat at all.

This implies that Rubio wanted to accomplish anything in the Senate, other than using it as a stepping stone for a Presidential run.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2015, 12:57:09 AM »

He doesn't want to be in the senate anymore, nothing gets done, no power to make things happen and heck he could make a TON more money going into consulting the next year or two and than run for governor in 2018.

Staying in the senate does very little for what he wants to accomplish. Seems pretty obvious to me thats the case and the reason he doesn't care about the seat at all.

This implies that Rubio wanted to accomplish anything in the Senate, other than using it as a stepping stone for a Presidential run.

I believe Senator Rubio sincerely wanted his bipartisan immigration reform bill to get a vote and pass in the House. Though, after Boehner killed it, he obviously realizes there is almost no way for him to make a lasting legislative impact due to his fellow Republicans' intransigence on almost any legislation that has half a chance of passing the Senate.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2015, 12:58:39 AM »

I believe Senator Rubio sincerely wanted his bipartisan immigration reform bill to get a vote and pass in the House. Though, after Boehner killed it, he obviously realizes there is almost no way for him to make a lasting legislative impact due to his fellow Republicans' intransigence on almost any legislation that has half a chance of passing the Senate.

Nonsense. He wanted moderate credentials in case he was in a general election.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2015, 01:01:13 AM »

You mean the bill Rubio authored and pushed through the Senate, but later opposed after pressure from the right? In the words of the ever quotable Debbie Wasserman Schutlz, he "folded like a House of Cards."
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2015, 01:36:32 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2015, 01:38:59 AM by locke lamora »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, you're a moron.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2015, 01:39:54 AM »

Nonsense. He wanted moderate credentials in case he was in a general election.
I don't think the two are necessarily mutually exclusive. But this is a rare role for me defending Marco Rubio.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies