I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:24:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now  (Read 9791 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2015, 08:50:39 PM »

Apparently a bunch of posters from here invaded another forum?What the hell guys? And did so because Bushie had buggered off to said forum? And did all of this in public posts? I've been a member of this forum for eleven and a half years and I don't think I've felt as genuinely embarrassed by my membership as I do right now. This is absolutely pathetic. This is supposed to be a serious (alright serious-ish) and above all mature forum dedicated to serious discussion of politics and the tracking and mapping of elections (if you think this is boring, then feel free to leave the U.S. Election Atlas forum). Instead you act like a bunch of sugar addled twelve year olds or worse rugby players and play a juvenile trick on another forum because your favourite Walrus-shaped piñata has waddled off there. Naturally you get caught. Congratulations idiots!

Dave should probably have all the ringleaders banned for a week or something.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »

Surely the Atlas Forum has soiled its sparkling reputation across these great Internets.

But in all seriousness the "invasion" was more like "hey let's join and make references to the Atlas." Nothing harmful happened. Was it immature and short sighted? Yes. Does it matter? Well, not really.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 09:01:24 PM »

Yes, unfortunately this was one of Atlas's lowest moments.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:05:45 PM »

This is one of the most hilarious examples of recreational outrage I've ever seen on the Atlas. Well done.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »

This is one of the most hilarious examples of recreational outrage I've ever seen on the Atlas. Well done.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »

Apparently a bunch of posters from here invaded another forum?What the hell guys? And did so because Bushie had buggered off to said forum? And did all of this in public posts? I've been a member of this forum for eleven and a half years and I don't think I've felt as genuinely embarrassed by my membership as I do right now. This is absolutely pathetic. This is supposed to be a serious (alright serious-ish) and above all mature forum dedicated to serious discussion of politics and the tracking and mapping of elections (if you think this is boring, then feel free to leave the U.S. Election Atlas forum). Instead you act like a bunch of sugar addled twelve year olds or worse rugby players and play a juvenile trick on another forum because your favourite Walrus-shaped piñata has waddled off there. Naturally you get caught. Congratulations idiots!

There it is, ladies and germs.  Clear as day and decreed by our resident Scrooge.

ATLAS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.  (officially)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:09:54 PM »

It's like some people have never been on the internet before, or don't normally interact with other living humans.  It's the only two options that make any sense.  The fact that they have no idea the things they do are wrong is quite disturbing.  Most of them are just following the herd, but sheesh, what a disgusting funking herd to follow.
You'll note a mod or two in the herd....

and if you call them on their sh**ttyness, they just say they're joking around, JUST LIKE EVERY BULLY EVER.  Weird that.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »

I concur with Tik. I didn't participate as I hate the whole Update culture regardless but again, it's a sh**tshow of a forum and they generally blended in/made subtle Atlas references so I don't see the harm.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 09:12:12 PM »

Our golden reputation just turned orange yellow the way orange juice turns into Sunny D Sad

A prophecy:
The blood of the winepress of the wrath of The ALmighty will run deep among the sinful Atlasians.  For he mumbles.  And he even grumbles.  But he generally prefers tea over complete and utter destruction...until we took the last sugar cube, that is.

So ABANDON ALL HOPE.

But really, your strong response here is needed, Al.  The groupthink manifests itself in many ways.  Nearly all of them bad.

Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »

It's like some people have never been on the internet before, or don't normally interact with other living humans.  It's the only two options that make any sense.  The fact that they have no idea the things they do are wrong is quite disturbing.  Most of them are just following the herd, but sheesh, what a disgusting funking herd to follow.

Mirror, mirror on the wall. An apparently very minor incursion onto some forum making vague references and you're freaking out. Have you ever been on the internet before? Atlas is actually very unique amongst online communities.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 09:19:20 PM »

You'll note a mod or two in the herd....

and if you call them on their sh**ttyness, they just say they're joking around, JUST LIKE EVERY BULLY EVER.  Weird that.

I don't think that this particular incident was bullying. Barely any of the posts had anything to do with our "favourite Walrus-shaped piñata" as the original poster put so delicately.

Actually in a funny sort of way I think the posts improved the quality on that awful, awful forum.
Panda Express

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 09:21:33 PM »

If you're actually disgusted by immature antics on Atlas Forum, you probably need to reevaluate yourself and ask if it's worth getting outraged over.

I didn't participate in the invasion, because I didn't care that much but it is funny how Atlas Forum literally invaded another forum because of BushOklahoma. Yes, it is stupid and immature. Roll your eyes and move on.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 09:24:34 PM »

I'll own up to a fair amount of recreational bile and even a bit of recreational spite, but recreational outrage? Hahaha, no.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 09:25:48 PM »

Yeah it was more about how that forum was the equivalent of the other dimension in Star Trek Deep Space Nine...eerily similar but fundamentally different.  As in...it was the polar opposite but still with Avery Brooks' bad acting.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 09:27:38 PM »

I'm not going to lose any sleep over a forum that allows 75 page threads basically saying that all gay men are kiddie f [Inks] ers.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:26 PM »

I'll own up to a fair amount of recreational bile and even a bit of recreational spite, but recreational outrage? Hahaha, no.
Don't let the ducks quack you into a corner, Al.  Snarl and lunge if you have to!  You don't want the last thing you see to be a duckbill rapidly approaching.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »

Yeah, this is really childish.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »

I'm not going to lose any sleep over a forum that allows 75 page threads basically saying that all gay men are kiddie f [Inks] ers.
It's not about them...
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 09:35:55 PM »

The fact that people easily over 20 participated in raiding a forum is pathetic and depressing
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 09:48:35 PM »

The fact that people easily over 20 participated in raiding a forum is pathetic and depressing
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 09:54:11 PM »

traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 10:06:58 PM »

PFAdmin
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 10:10:31 PM »

For those of you who are concerned that this reflects poorly on your board as a whole, please don't feel badly. You've got a very good board here, and I have a lot of respect for this place. A few people got carrried away, and while I'm not going to pretend to thrilled about it (I definitely had better things to do today, and so did the mods who helped me clean out the troll accounts) I don't exactly put it in the same category as "Climb Mount Niitaka." Everybody went home alive.

Y'all handle it internally however you see fit, but the official position of Political Forum is that as far as we're concerned it was yesterday, and doesn't have any bearing on tomorrow. We feel that you have an exceptional board here, that what's done is done, and we're moving on. Best wishes to all of you... that is, as long as this doesn't happen again, eh?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »

I love how fckin serious this dude's (or dudes') tone is.  like he's a Teamster and sh**t's about to go down.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »

It's like some people have never been on the internet before, or don't normally interact with other living humans.  It's the only two options that make any sense.  The fact that they have no idea the things they do are wrong is quite disturbing.  Most of them are just following the herd, but sheesh, what a disgusting funking herd to follow.

Mirror, mirror on the wall. An apparently very minor incursion onto some forum making vague references and you're freaking out. Have you ever been on the internet before? Atlas is actually very unique amongst online communities.
No it's not.  This incident proved that.
Actually in a funny sort of way I think the posts improved the quality on that awful, awful forum.
Yeah, as the above post from PFAdmin shows, they obviously have an awful forum Roll Eyes

on preview I see the douchebag guard is already making fun.  Classy like always guys!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies