I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:34:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now  (Read 9806 times)
PFAdmin
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 12:34:47 AM »

pfadmin, how foolish of you to waltz right into enemy territory! you are now our prisoner of war LOL

That's probably for the best, because if my wife has to yell at me one more time to log off and get to bed, I may need a place to stay.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 12:36:09 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2015, 12:39:58 AM by BaconBacon96 »

Thanks for being so easily forgiving. I apologize as I think its fair to say I acted immaturely and wasted your time.

To those like Al calling for bans, calm down. No one was hurt.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2015, 12:40:12 AM »

This whole Bushie thing has long past jumped the shark. Both with regards to himself and with regards to people's reaction to him. It is just purely ridiculous and sides should consider growing up. Tongue
PFAdmin
Rookie

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2015, 12:43:05 AM »

PFAdmin, I would like to personally apologize for our forum's juvenile behavior (especially the ones who are continuing to childishly insult you and your forum even though you had the courtesy to open up this dialogue with us)

I'd also like to apologize for what I did after you took the bold step of coming here to address what happened. Anyone who knows me can vouch that I am a pretty straight-laced guy. I just sort of jumped at the opportunity to do something a little devious in a new and different community.

It's all cool. Not everybody likes our board, and not everybody likes me being here. This isn't my bar. You have to expect some hostile stares when  you're doing what I'm doing.

Personally, I'm the one who should be complimenting you people for your class and maturity - it takes a lot of character for so many people to stand up and say they feel badly about something, and just goes to what I said earlier about what a good board this is and how much I respect it. I wouldn't find that on most boards, I can pretty much promise that.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2015, 12:46:14 AM »

What I take from this is that quite a few people are addicted to Bushie, suffer from withdrawal symptoms when he stops updating them on his life, then come up with a weird plan to keep in touch with him and unironically refer to the forum Bushie moved to as Bizarro Atlas.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2015, 01:02:02 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2015, 02:22:57 AM by Eraserhead »

Hmm, I was at work all day. It looks like I missed a lot but I guess I should chime in being that I suppose I could be considered one of the "ringleaders".

Honestly, the whole thing was just a minor gag that I didn't think would turn into what it apparently turned into. That's why the whole thing happened in public rather than through PMs or IRC. I don't think anyone envisioned this thing lasting for more than a couple of days before it was either exposed or people got bored of it and moved on. In defense of the posters that actually signed up (including myself), I really didn't see anybody post anything at all rude, hurtful or even particurly off-topic. It seems like most of the posts could have easily been made on any of the topics here. Some of them just happened to include little Atlas and/or Update references. I will apologize to PFAdmin if we ended up making some extra work for you though. There will be no further attempts at "invading" your forum from posters here.

As for BushOklahoma, I'll just mention that he told me to tell everyone that he had nothing to do with exposing us. Whether he's telling the truth about that or not, I don't know for sure... but he wanted me to tell everyone that he didn't mind us being there.

As for the ATLAS FORUM SERIOUS PEOPLE, I like and respect a lot of you folks as posters but please do consider taking those sticks out of your asses. This isn't a big deal. It's okay to have some lighthearted fun once in a while. It actually won't kill you.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2015, 01:39:04 AM »

An all around stupid thing no doubt. Glad to have not registered on that forum, and never will.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2015, 01:52:52 AM »

Huh. Actually tempted to start legitimately posting on there now thanks to PFAdmin.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2015, 02:10:45 AM »

Yeah, I just read through PFAdmin's posts and I'd like to thank him for being a really good sport about this whole thing. I'm also sure that if he wanted to start posting here regularly on the account that he made in order to open up this dialogue with us, when and if he has the time, we'd all greatly enjoy it.

An all around stupid thing no doubt. Glad to have not registered on that forum, and never will.

You were considering it at one point.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2015, 02:42:26 AM »

I love how fckin serious this dude's (or dudes') tone is.  like he's a Teamster and sh**t's about to go down.
But...what if...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2015, 02:51:24 AM »

LOVIN' the apologies that end with bashing the people that called you on your sh**t.  Class on top of class!

No, this isn't that big of deal, but nobody critiquing your lack of class is "freaking out".  And, thankfully, the entire thing seems to have gone about as well as things like this can possibly go.  It seems we've even made a new friend.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2015, 03:36:34 AM »

I would also like to apologise for my own little part in this too.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2015, 03:57:10 AM »

Lol who gives a Sh.it??? It's just an Internet forum?? Folks acting like we killed someone or some shiit

Dave gives a shit.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2015, 04:35:13 AM »

As for the "invasion force" I think this applies.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2015, 04:36:23 AM »

Lol who gives a Sh.it??? It's just an Internet forum?? Folks acting like we killed someone or some shiit

So true. People act like we destroyed their forum and made the lives of their members hell. We made a few joke posts, god forbid. The forum is so huge and lacking a cohesive community that I doubt 99.9% of them even noticed anything had happened. I mean, I guess it sucked for PFAdmin that he had to spend 30 minutes or so banning us, but this was about the mildest "forum raid" I've ever seen. We Atlasians are too benevolent to cause any real damage. Wink
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2015, 04:52:50 AM »

Dave gives a shit.

Does he? Who really knows? He's never here.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2015, 04:56:47 AM »

Dave gives a shit.

he cared enough to post about it (on the mod board), which says a lot on its own:

This is not something the community here should be doing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2015, 04:59:46 AM »

I usually agree with Al on these forum-related issues, but this:

But in all seriousness the "invasion" was more like "hey let's join and make references to the Atlas." Nothing harmful happened. Was it immature and short sighted? Yes. Does it matter? Well, not really.

is 100% right.

Come on guys, it was just a fun, inconsequential prank.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2015, 05:01:46 AM »

Dave gives a shit.

he cared enough to post about it (on the mod board), which says a lot on its own:

This is not something the community here should be doing.

Wow, a rare appearance. I wonder why he wouldn't tell the community that himself instead of just posting it in the mod cave though...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2015, 05:02:58 AM »

I do feel somewhat bd for Bushie though. Can he not even join another site without reams of Updaters following him to gawk at his exploits? Must he carry the burden of Update wherever he goes?

Leip is ... a very mysterious figure.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2015, 05:24:55 AM »

I've done my best to avoid anything even tangentially Update-related, so I'm sort of surprised this kind of thing happened at all.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2015, 05:29:15 AM »

I like how the people who were sufficiently obsessed with Bushie, Update and this other forum to do this now think other people are taking things too seriously. Sure, it's not the biggest deal in the world but maybe some of you should take a step back and reevaluate your life choices a bit? Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2015, 06:48:16 AM »

A lot of self-inflicted butt hurt here.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2015, 07:08:27 AM »

PFAdmin, I would like to personally apologize for our forum's juvenile behavior (especially the ones who are continuing to childishly insult you and your forum even though you had the courtesy to open up this dialogue with us)

I'd also like to apologize for what I did after you took the bold step of coming here to address what happened. Anyone who knows me can vouch that I am a pretty straight-laced guy. I just sort of jumped at the opportunity to do something a little devious in a new and different community.

It's all cool. Not everybody likes our board, and not everybody likes me being here. This isn't my bar. You have to expect some hostile stares when  you're doing what I'm doing.

Personally, I'm the one who should be complimenting you people for your class and maturity - it takes a lot of character for so many people to stand up and say they feel badly about something, and just goes to what I said earlier about what a good board this is and how much I respect it. I wouldn't find that on most boards, I can pretty much promise that.

I for one, am extremely impressed with your presentation on this thread, and your goals for your forum, and do apologize for what happened. It was something akin to a bunch of frat boys on a spree, trying to have some fun, at other people's expense, although so far as I know, it was not particularly vicious. I signed up for the forum myself, not intending to post. If I have not been one of the banned, I may at some juncture try to make a contribution from time to time. All the best, and good luck.

Best, Steve
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2015, 07:15:52 AM »

But  you were one of the invaders, Esteban.  Or didn't you create an account?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies