I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:21:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: I'm kind of disgusted with you people right now  (Read 9813 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2015, 07:19:35 AM »

PFAdmin, most of us find this incident embarrassing and regret making trouble for your site. Thank you for being so gracious even while some of our members insult your site to your face.

I find it utterly absurd that two of our moderators joined in in this juvenile display.

This.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2015, 07:23:49 AM »

But  you were one of the invaders, Esteban.  Or didn't you create an account?

I did create an account, to be able to run search functions to see what was going on out of curiosity. It seemed tame enough, and boring enough, and I thought it good that Jeff was making an attempt to make a fresh start as an ordinary poster. Come to think of it, if some of us here, had been acting in a vicious way there, I would like to think I might have taken further action, particularly if I had the perception that the management of the site meant well (which now we all know does).  As I say, I never intended to post, and never did. But I may in the future do so at some point, as I said, if I have not been banned.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2015, 07:56:12 AM »

Yeah, I'll add my voice to the apologies to PFAdmin, for the role I played in this.  At least the bulk of the stuff that I read from folks here posting there seemed largely innocuous to me (especially from Simfan…he seemed to make quite a few substantive posts), albeit with a bunch of Atlas memes mixed in without explanation.  However, I completely understand the mass banning, and give props to you for coming here to talk about it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2015, 08:19:59 AM »

If he banned Bushie too, FF.   If not, HP.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »

Holy cow. This really went too far, IMO. I would also be very surprised if Bushie wasn't aware of this.

To PFAdmin I'd just say that I don't participate in this sort of thing, and that this place really is cool. I've been here over 2 years. These days I don't spend a lot of time on online communities, but my politics fit in here pretty well and you don't see a lot of nine blood moons or conspiracy nonsense, and you can talk history, current events, philosophy.

This "invasion" is not representative of the place as a whole. It's just the result of a lack of judgment and supervision. Normally, the laid back nature here is an asset, but with this situation it was not. "Bushie" basically gained a cult following with constant updates about his continual mishaps and poor choices to where it could easily be mistaken for fiction (we were pretty much all amused by it). It had a tremendous snowball effect, though, as a result, and some got swept up in it. That's exactly what happened, and now it actually spilled to another forum. Not the norm, I would say.

And so this would seem to be an appropriate coda to it all.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »

I'm not sure if this is hilarious or sad. I really don't care enough to decide.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:43 AM »

This has all been very entertaining. Never change, Atlas.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 09:01:11 PM by Fuzzybigfoot »

F(inks) it, just permaban everyone involved.  This is messed up.   
PFAdmin
Rookie

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »

To PFAdmin I'd just say that I don't participate in this sort of thing, and that this place really is cool. I've been here over 2 years. These days I don't spend a lot of time on online communities, but my politics fit in here pretty well and you don't see a lot of nine blood moons or conspiracy nonsense, and you can talk history, current events, philosophy.

Yeah, I like that a lot. I'd really enjoy being a member here, had this all happened under different circumstances. Not sure that'd be a good idea now, given how my association with the board came about in the first place, but y'all do have an absolutely excellent board here, no doubt about that.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2015, 02:02:23 PM »

I will say that, demographically speaking, your board seems considerably more diverse than here. There are a lot of people whose viewpoints are sorely lacking on here- namely people who are not upper middle class white men who are teenaged or in their 20s. So despite the flaws you might be facing, it must be said that you have one extremely significant asset that we lack.

And you seem to be taking a remarkably proactive approach towards rectifying your problems, whereas we here, while sort of half-seriously being aware that we have a "problem", don't seem to really be trying to do anything about it. So kudos to you, and I hope if we have piqued your interest you'd consider sticking around for a bit. Some membership exchange (not like what happened before, of course) might be a good thing for both sites, actually. A breath of fresh air. Smiley

But the flippant attitude some people here seem to have is pretty disappointing.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »

I can't imagine what it's like to care about the behavior of internet forums so strongly.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »

Lol who gives a Sh.it??? It's just an Internet forum?? Folks acting like we killed someone or some shiit

^

I am sincerely sorry for what I did, but it's not that big of a deal guys.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »

I can't imagine what it's like to care about the behavior of internet forums so strongly.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:36 AM »

I don't know what was dumber:

The "invasion" or the reaction to it?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2015, 03:06:34 AM »

I find it utterly absurd that two of our moderators joined in in this juvenile display.
Yeah, about that.....I suppose a demodding would be too much to hope for, what with the popularity of the two and all.  I hope it was at least discussed or they were warned in private.  That was amazingly bad judgment on their part.  I can understand not banning everybody involved although that's exactly would have happened on better message boards.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2015, 03:29:37 AM »

It would indeed be just to ban for posting lame and innocuous threads on a message board that vaguely referenced another message board. We wasted tens of minutes of everyone's time.

So, it seems to be about not the specifics of what we actually did in this silly diversion as much as the apparent principle of Message Board Sanctity. Can't you just roll your eyes and move on? Everyone involved is embarrassed and has damaged their important Message Board Credibility. See? You're finally entitled to feel better than some of us! You should be content.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2015, 03:43:25 AM »

Once upon a time, a hapless fishy named Bushie lived in Atlas pond in Atlas township.  Various Atlasians enjoyed fishing the pond, often catching fishies to show to their friends or feed to their kittehs.  But one fish remained elusive.  The fish named Bushie.  You could never quite tell where he was and when you thought you had him...he'd pop up in the neighboring pond with your worm. 

The fisherman of the newly updated Bushie Pond were enraged by this act of deceit and trickery and planned an all out fishing invasion of the neighboring pond only to be foiled by the watchful kingfisher.  Bushie fish remained unawares that such plans existed.

The angry fishermen were sent back to their pond but brought with them parasites that infected the fish of their pond resulting in an invasion of their pond brought on by the fishermen themselves.  In their gnashing and writhing, the fishermen held out bitter hope for the return of elusive bushie fishy.  Will he return?  Time will tell.

The moral of the story?  If you insist on fishing...fish your own damned pond.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2015, 03:46:23 AM »

Once upon a time, a hapless fishy named Bushie lived in Atlas pond in Atlas township.  Various Atlasians enjoyed fishing the pond, often catching fishies to show to their friends or feed to their kittehs.  But one fish remained elusive.  The fish named Bushie.  You could never quite tell where he was and when you thought you had him...he'd pop up in the neighboring pond with your worm. 

The fisherman of the newly updated Bushie Pond were enraged by this act of deceit and trickery and planned an all out fishing invasion of the neighboring pond only to be foiled by the watchful kingfisher.  Bushie fish remained unawares that such plans existed.

The angry fishermen were sent back to their pond but brought with them parasites that infected the fish of their pond resulting in an invasion of their pond brought on by the fishermen themselves.  In their gnashing and writhing, the fishermen held out bitter hope for the return of elusive bushie fishy.  Will he return?  Time will tell.

The moral of the story?  If you insist on fishing...fish your own damned pond.

jao
Panda Express

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2015, 03:56:10 AM »

Yeah, about that.....I suppose a demodding would be too much to hope for, what with the popularity of the two and all.  I hope it was at least discussed or they were warned in private.  That was amazingly bad judgment on their part.  I can understand not banning everybody involved although that's exactly would have happened on better message boards.

Nobody cares about this anymore except you. Don't bump 2 day old topics just to whine. If you don't like the culture of this forum and prefer others, you're free to leave anytime. Or start your own forum. Isn't that what you like to tell people? In conclusion, put a cork in it fatty.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2015, 04:05:49 AM »

Nobody cares about this anymore except you. Don't bump 2 day old topics just to whine. If you don't like the culture of this forum and prefer others, you're free to leave anytime. Or start your own forum. Isn't that what you like to tell people? In conclusion, put a cork in it fatty.
Dead0man belongs to the spirit of PolticsBBS1996 forum.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2015, 04:11:24 AM »

Careful, some of the actual fatties here might get offended.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2015, 04:23:30 AM »

Hey, be nice. What would deadoman do if he couldn't spend his time whining about everything here?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2015, 04:29:16 AM »

Hey, be nice. What would deadoman do if he couldn't spend his time whining about everything here?
Dead0man can be the biggest idiot sometimes...but he's the kinda idiot you want on your side.  Cuz right when awkwardness is about to strangle you...he'll shart is pants with a satisfying giggle that turns into 'oh sh**t'...then the smell drives the enemies back.  And you realize it was all on purpose.

I know you'll scorn the label but secretly be proud of it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2015, 04:32:39 AM »

Meh, I've been called worse.

(and it's certainly better than being an Updater)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2015, 10:40:41 AM »

How do you justify naming members (like me) who did NOT sign up for an account over there as being part of the problem again, dead?

We've all been called worse, but perhaps it's justified this time?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies