Why do some Republicans hate President Obama that much?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do some Republicans hate President Obama that much?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Why do some Republicans hate President Obama that much?  (Read 8626 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 02:28:06 PM »

I love when some partisans get into a flurry to prove themselves as completely affectless and blasé about their feelings towards the other party - while the 'other' partisan group, by contrast, are composed of incomprehensibly angry people. You're not proving anything! You're supposed to feel mad and emotional in politics - that's part of the fun of being a partisan in the first place Tongue

I think a lot of presidents intentionally cultivate the image they are mocked with. Dubya's 'gee darn I'm a cowboy' act was a genius move, for example, because the mockery it caused from the usual suspects increased his sway among elements of the base.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »

The idea that the vitriolic hatred of Obama is at all comparable to that against Bush or Clinton is ridiculous.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »

It's amazing the number of people here who think partisan hatred is a new phenomenon.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »

I remember when I was 12 and he became President thinking that it was cool that we finally had a Black President.  it wasn't until I was 14 in 2010 that I began to despise him.
Anyone who at 14 hates the president is only doing so because of things he or she is hearing in the community and from his or her parents.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »

The idea that the vitriolic hatred of Obama is at all comparable to that against Bush or Clinton is ridiculous.

And the idea you'd say that, utterly refusing to entertain a different narrative from people who weren't little kids during those Presidencies, is surprising to absolutely no one.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 03:46:23 PM »

I remember when I was 12 and he became President thinking that it was cool that we finally had a Black President.  it wasn't until I was 14 in 2010 that I began to despise him.
Anyone who at 14 hates the president is only doing so because of things he or she is hearing in the community and from his or her parents.

Internet.  Before 2010 I used it almost exclusively to look up music videos on YouTube.  In 2010 I began to discover political websites.  I also read a lot of books during that time.
Replicator
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »

It's amazing the number of people here who think partisan hatred is a new phenomenon.

This is the best way to put it. ^
Replicator
Rookie
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 09:30:26 PM »

I always love the videos when they interview anti-Obama protesters and ask them what they're angry about. They always seems to fail to come up with any sort of reasonable answer or than the vague "Obama's a bad leader" or something about him racebaiting.

Kind of like teenage voters who can't name what they like about Obama and don't know who Joe Biden is.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 09:52:38 PM by Computer09 »

Hard to say. The right's hatred of FDR Truman JFK LBJ Carter Clinton Obama is historically unique.

The Left hated Bush the same way calling him a facist,  War Criminal, a monkey, dumb, dictator, Worst President Ever,  and blamed him for everything even what was out of his control(9/11, Katrina, Stock Market Collapse)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 09:51:04 PM »

Hi guys,

there is one thing I don't understand. Why do some Republicans (of course not all!) hate President Obama that much? It's really shocking to read and hear comments like "hang the traitor" or "deport the communist Kenyan and his family". The only explaination for me is racism. Maybe some are still not over it that he was reelected, that Obamacare is enacted and actually working now, that he is admired in other countrys and that the economy drasticly improved under his watch. But the latter is just a theory of mine.

I understand that Republicans are opposed to most of his policies. Like Democrats were opposed to Bush's or Reagan's policies. I aknowledge that, that's their job. It would be boring with everyone supporting the president. Polictics are, or should be, a peaceful argument.

But where comes that deep hate from? That's something I can't understand. I, as a devoted Democrat, disagree 90-95% with the Republican policies, but I would never never demand to hang a Republican (Human dignity is or should be over partylines.). Even if it's Ted Cruz Wink I strongly oppose his views, but he's a loving father for sure. I wouldn't hestiate to attack his policies with harsh words, but never make it that personal. I am absolutely for it that there is a Republican Party, I don't want a one-party.system like in China, even if Democrats are the only party.

If you think Republicans hated Obama look at how they went after Bill Clinton. They invented scandals like Whitewater, Vince Foster, and called him a communist
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 09:53:30 PM »

Hard to say. The right's hatred of FDR Truman JFK LBJ Carter Clinton Obama is historically unique.

You forgot Wilson
ChainsawJedis
Tj Hare
Rookie

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 09:54:11 PM »

Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 10:39:49 PM »

Bush was hated (and loved I guess) way more than Obama c. 2004. Like 10,000,000 more people voted against Bush in 2004 than did in 2000. Was Romney even able to muster a million more voters than McCain? Bush was controversial and polarizing and brought people into politics. Does anyone really care that much about Barack Obama one way or the other these days?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 10:45:34 PM »

Bush was hated (and loved I guess) way more than Obama c. 2004. Like 10,000,000 more people voted against Bush in 2004 than did in 2000. Was Romney even able to muster a million more voters than McCain? Bush was controversial and polarizing and brought people into politics. Does anyone really care that much about Barack Obama one way or the other these days?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 12:39:31 AM »

I always love the videos when they interview anti-Obama protesters and ask them what they're angry about. They always seems to fail to come up with any sort of reasonable answer or than the vague "Obama's a bad leader" or something about him racebaiting.

Kind of like teenage voters who can't name what they like about Obama and don't know who Joe Biden is.

Both of these types of videos are quite idiotic, simply because you can edit out all the knowledgeable people you come across.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 12:45:01 AM »

Politics brings out the worst in people.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2015, 01:32:21 PM »

I seem to recall the Republicans ACTUALLY impeaching Clinton. This was of course years after all the vicious rumors about his "death list" came out. Many current GOP hacks hate Obama, but I don't seem to recall them ever lobbing unsubstantiated murder claims in his direction like they did with Clinton. Comedy Central had an entire cartoon show devoted to mocking Bush, San Francisco named their sewage plant after him, I mean if I had a nickel for every "war criminal" "Blood for oil!" "Boooosh lied people died!" "Bush is a nazi fascist" hyperbolic comment I've seen directed at Dubya, I'd be rich enough to buy haliburton. Plus the whole "Boooosh cheated in both elections!" and is therefore illegitimate arguments. Pretty sure Kucinich even drafted articles of impeachment.

Seriously though, mean, nasty, irrational, uncalled for partisan hackery is as American as apple pie.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 01:38:39 PM »

The only reason they haven't impeached Obama is because their impeachment of Clinton didn't go so well.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 02:01:15 PM »

And the idea you'd say that, utterly refusing to entertain a different narrative from people who weren't little kids during those Presidencies, is surprising to absolutely no one.

Except the hatred of Bush was very targeted at his launch of the Iraq War. Conservative outrage today oftentimes has no idea what exactly it is policy-wise that they don't like about him.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »

Except the hatred of Bush was very targeted at his launch of the Iraq War. Conservative outrage today oftentimes has no idea what exactly it is policy-wise that they don't like about him.

Which was the same case during Carter and Clinton.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 02:37:01 PM »

Which was the same case during Carter and Clinton.

Billy got a blowjob, so that couldn't stand
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »

Who do you think is more hated: Thatcher in Yorkshire or Obama in Appalachia?
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2015, 02:46:52 PM »

Thatcher in Yorkshire.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2015, 02:53:52 PM »

Thatcher in Yorkshire.

Militia movements and America's propensity for gun violence makes Appalachia certainly more dangerous for Obama.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2015, 03:06:40 PM »

Thatcher in Yorkshire.

Probably this. Appalachia obviously disdains Obama for his environmental policies and voted against him staunchly, but the all-around loathing is not there on the level that it was in Yorkshire.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies