Should Hillary have had plastic surgery again before jumping in the race? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:02:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should Hillary have had plastic surgery again before jumping in the race? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: [img width=200] Huh
Yes
No
It's just a mask, anyway #LizardTruth
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should Hillary have had plastic surgery again before jumping in the race?  (Read 3905 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: April 12, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm going there...despite the inevitable screams of "OMG sexism!" (OK, maybe this thread is a bit, but only to illustrate what she'll face). We all know that she will be judged by a different standard - by the media, by the voters, by everyone - for better and for worse. This will be one of the cases of "worse".

Evidence pretty flatly shows that she had plastic surgery sometime before 2008; in many pictures from 2000-2006 she looked as old or older than she does today, then magically appeared rejuvenated for the 2008 campaign.

There are some (highly speculative and not really trustworthy) sources saying that she actually has had more plastic surgery recently, but I can't really tell - fairly recent photos seem to show her a bit more fresh-looking than last year, but it could just be lighting/conditions, or rest.

But the reality is that she will be 69 years and 1 week old on Election Day 2016. The same criticism that Democrats levied at John McCain for being "too old" - at age 72 - in 2008 will be levied at us (regardless of the "men die earlier than women" narrative/fact). Women are judged based on physical impressions more so, and so both substantive age criticisms along with aesthetics are going to be part of the campaign. It may very well prove to be a larger than expected liability. On the other hand, I could see two potential reasons behind her not having substantial work done:

• 1) She legitimately doesn't care about pandering to this type of logic anymore at her age, and refuses to embrace it
  • 2) She and/or the campaign think that by not doing it, there will be a subconscious boost in her authenticity

If you were Hillary's campaign manager, what would you recommend?

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:48:11 AM »

Awww...I forgot to insert the image into the actual poll question/title.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »

And also, I generally meant that "operating under the pretense that she's known for years that she was going to run again - as well as her inner circle - should she have done this a couple to a few years ago?".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not sure I understand the question

Awww...I forgot to insert the image into the actual poll question/title.

[THIS]
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 03:20:47 PM »

Idiotic thread even for this place.

Hey, guys (and girls)? Just because we don't like something or wish it wasn't a perception/problem in the real world doesn't mean bringing it up is idiotic. Tens of millions of people will subconsciously judge Hillary based on how she looks and draw all sorts of conclusions from it, and that will affect in some capacity how they vote. Yes, she would also be judged if she did have noticeable plastic surgery performed, too; that only reinforces the narrative that I've brought to light here.

Even the Democratic Party is trying to make her look like the Hillary from years ago (but muh lighting) with their first post about the developments:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:04:46 PM »

Actually, I think this should be the official campaign image.

Much more realistic.

But according to some in here, what difference does it make?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies