Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:26:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57111 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: September 09, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »

I would have put Daario at like 80%. He was a mercenary from Essos, and Euron is ferrying over mercenaries from Essos. Just makes sense that he might be one of them.

I don't know if he'll be one of them, but the fact that we have characters (both Euron and now apparently Theon in pursuit of him) headed back to Essos bumps up the chances of Daario showing up again.

ahh, yeah, I had forgotten about that.  Lets say 60% then.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #701 on: September 16, 2017, 11:42:23 PM »

I read an interesting theory on another forum:

1) Sam now knows that Jon is "the heir to the Iron Throne", however....

2) Jon might not want to take the throne, or at least he might not want his parentage to become public while they're still in the middle of the war with the White Walkers, as it could disrupt the union between Dany's forces and the North, since Dany probably wouldn't quietly step down in favor of Jon.  However...

3) Despite Sam's strained relationship with his family, he probably won't be too happy about Dany burning his father and brother alive.  Or at least, when he finds out that she did so, he will very likely fear that Dany is totally unsuitable for the queenship.  And so....

4) Maybe Sam will reveal Jon's identity publicly even if Jon doesn't want him to, because he thinks Jon is the only leader who makes sense in this crisis.  It would be consistent with his having put Jon's name forward to be Lord Commander without having consulted with him first.

How will the rest of Westeros react?  How will Sansa and Arya react?  How will the northern lords react?  Would they withdraw support from Jon and back Sansa as Queen of the North now?  How will Dany's supporters in Westeros now react?  Does Varys now consider backing Jon instead of Dany?  What about Tyrion?  The White Walker invasion makes it a hell of a time to have a succession crisis, but it looks like that's the big bomb that the writers planted to go off in the final season.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #702 on: September 17, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »

I read an interesting theory on another forum:

1) Sam now knows that Jon is "the heir to the Iron Throne", however....

2) Jon might not want to take the throne, or at least he might not want his parentage to become public while they're still in the middle of the war with the White Walkers, as it could disrupt the union between Dany's forces and the North, since Dany probably wouldn't quietly step down in favor of Jon.  However...

3) Despite Sam's strained relationship with his family, he probably won't be too happy about Dany burning his father and brother alive.  Or at least, when he finds out that she did so, he will very likely fear that Dany is totally unsuitable for the queenship.  And so....

4) Maybe Sam will reveal Jon's identity publicly even if Jon doesn't want him to, because he thinks Jon is the only leader who makes sense in this crisis.  It would be consistent with his having put Jon's name forward to be Lord Commander without having consulted with him first.

How will the rest of Westeros react?  How will Sansa and Arya react?  How will the northern lords react?  Would they withdraw support from Jon and back Sansa as Queen of the North now?  How will Dany's supporters in Westeros now react?  Does Varys now consider backing Jon instead of Dany?  What about Tyrion?  The White Walker invasion makes it a hell of a time to have a succession crisis, but it looks like that's the big bomb that the writers planted to go off in the final season.

That would actually be really interesting. Although, I doubt they'll do anything with it, only 6 episodes left, and also has a few other plotlines to wrap up.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #703 on: September 17, 2017, 11:37:13 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2017, 11:41:30 PM by Frodo »

Brace yourselves -in true Targaryen tradition, Daenerys and Aegon (i.e. Jon Snow) could actually be siblings according to this new theory floating around that Dany's father is actually Rhaegar, and not Aerys as she was always led to believe.

Anyone think it plausible?  

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #704 on: September 18, 2017, 12:14:08 AM »

Brace yourselves -in true Targaryen tradition, Daenerys and Aegon (i.e. Jon Snow) could actually be siblings according to this new theory floating around that Dany's father is actually Rhaegar, and not Aerys as she was always led to believe.

Anyone think it plausible?  

This isn't a new theory at all.  R + L = D is one theory about Dany's past that's floated around for a while now.  Here's Preston Jacobs talking about it in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olUOUdlNvyg

(Though Preston, at least at that time, thought that Dany was Rhaegar's child *instead* of Jon, not in addition to him.)

Whether this is what happens in the books though, I highly doubt this revelation will happen in the TV show.  There's only so much time left, and it doesn't really add anything at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies