Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:33:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57010 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2015, 04:54:59 AM »

I was always unsure about the popular John mother theory until last week's episode.  Now I am convinced that is where the show is going.

They also seem to be really flying through the last two books. I could see them finishing most if not all of both AFFC and ADWD (including the stuff they are ignoring) by the end of the season.

As far as I can tell I bet that's the plan
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2015, 10:21:58 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2015, 01:54:25 AM by Eraserhead »

The Boltons are truly awful people. You couldn't ask for better villains though.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2015, 01:31:57 AM »

It's great to start seeing all those random parts of the Westeros-Essos map this season.  First Dorne, now Valyria.  Now we just need Casterly Rock.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 03:43:48 AM »

I was always unsure about the popular John mother theory until last week's episode.  Now I am convinced that is where the show is going.

They also seem to be really flying through the last two books. I could see them finishing most if not all of both AFFC and ADWD (including the stuff they are ignoring) by the end of the season.

As far as I can tell I bet that's the plan

I had thought there was some talk of the show going 8 seasons but it looks like 7 with the next 2 being based on unpublished book storylines. So far this season they are doing a better job telling the story of the last two books better than GRRMartin
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2015, 06:14:29 AM »

Sansa: This isn't a strange place.  This is my home.  It's the people who are strange.

Ramsay: You're right, very strange.

That one made me lol.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2015, 07:56:00 AM »

Killing Barristan was some bullsht. Fcking show creators.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 09:05:18 PM »

I'm not sure of what to say after tonight. I really liked the chapter up until the end, but that final scene was... Well...
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2015, 09:55:41 PM »

I'm fairly certain he's going to die shortly in the books anyway. I've always been under the impression that he was a character who was doomed from the start.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »

I'm not sure of what to say after tonight. I really liked the chapter up until the end, but that final scene was... Well...

Is it really all that shocking? What else should people expect from Ramsay...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 01:00:33 AM »

Is it really all that shocking? What else should people expect from Ramsay...

Or from the show in general?  A happy wedding?!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2015, 01:05:53 AM »

I wouldn't say it was shocking (after all, it isn't as nearly as bad as what happened to Jeyne Poole in the books), I'm just surprised they actually went with that route for Sansa. I understand why they cut the Vale storyline and from a narrative point of view it makes sense (specially in light of what might happen aftewards), but I suppose I wanted to believe the whole situation would be different.

But then again, as Ramsay might say, I obviously haven't been paying attention...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2015, 03:40:31 AM »

It's not that it's 'shocking', it's that it's mean-spirited. The show's habit of having things like this happen is, obviously, extrapolated from the books, but the extent to which and scope with which the show extrapolates it are overblown to the point of coming across as frankly sickening. Whatever artistic point there is to this, it's been made.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2015, 04:02:09 AM »

I'm fairly certain he's going to die shortly in the books anyway. I've always been under the impression that he was a character who was doomed from the start.

He's supposed to lead them in battle and do cool stuff first. Tongue

As regards Sansa I'm just happy they didn't go with the book scene there...

So, I'm guessing Brienne will play the role of Mance and the spearwives in this version, right?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2015, 07:14:49 AM »

I was disappointed Tommen let the Faith take his wife away like that. Come on, man...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2015, 09:05:19 AM »

I wasn't expecting that.....

I kept expecting Sansa to pull a shank out or Reek/Theon to do something....anything....but as soon as her face hit the pillow I knew it was over.....ugggg  Way to go Littlefinger!

I was disappointed Tommen let the Faith take his wife away like that. Come on, man...
and yes!  WTF Tommen!  You like what you and your queen do in the bedroom right?  How the hell are you going to let this sh**t go down, you're the funking king.  Nut up son.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »

It's not that it's 'shocking', it's that it's mean-spirited. The show's habit of having things like this happen is, obviously, extrapolated from the books, but the extent to which and scope with which the show extrapolates it are overblown to the point of coming across as frankly sickening. Whatever artistic point there is to this, it's been made.

I don't see it that way at all. It's a completely logical and narratively consistent outcome of the choices Sansa made (e.g. not going with Brienne, not lighting the candle, not taking up LF on turning down the wedding, going through with the wedding, not running away despite everyone in the North being on her side, etc.) and Ramsay's established character, and it will likely be the catalyst for several important events in the coming episodes including Theon turning on Ramsay, Sansa understanding that Winterfell is legitimately not safe after being told so, and perhaps even Pink Letter/Stannis/Brienne-related events. Once they started down the Sansa-Ramsay marriage thread, it was inevitable barring extremely drastic changes or really bad writing.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »

To those who read the books I think Brienne will take the role of the spearwives and the rest of this storyline will play out like in the books.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2015, 03:08:58 PM by sex-negative feminist prude »

Once they started down the Sansa-Ramsay marriage thread,

There's the issue.

The other side of 'completely logical and narratively consistent outcome of the choices Sansa made', which I don't deny, is 'what if getting this to happen is why the writers had Sansa make the choices she did?'. I don't have enough faith in Benioff and Weiss to trust that that's not the case.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »

I thought Littlefinger's plan would come to fruition before any wedding so I was surprised by the end.  Now not sure what LF is up to. And is Sansa still his ally?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2015, 01:15:36 PM »

I thought Littlefinger's plan would come to fruition before any wedding so I was surprised by the end.  Now not sure what LF is up to. And is Sansa still his ally?

Just got done blitz watching the whole thing over the last two weeks.

It kinda seems like his entire plan relies on House Bolton defeating Stannis in the battle for the North. If Stannis wins then he's back to square one with the Veil being on the front lines of the Baratheon advance. He would yet again become entirely beholden to the Lannisters to defeat Stannis.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

Just got done blitz watching the whole thing over the last two weeks.

It kinda seems like his entire plan relies on House Bolton defeating Stannis in the battle for the North. If Stannis wins then he's back to square one with the Veil being on the front lines of the Baratheon advance. He would yet again become entirely beholden to the Lannisters to defeat Stannis.

I'm assuming he wants Stannis to win and declare Sansa the warden of the North, restoring the Starks to power. That way, Littlefinger has two regions essentially under his control.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »

But that gets to my point about Sans a. After enduring what she had to endure, is she still on Team Littlefinger?

Also, what game is he playing with Cercei? He has painted himself into a corner and can't continue playing all sides. Sometime soon he has to openly defy the Lannisters or help them against Stannis
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2015, 08:34:52 PM »

After the last episode, Claire McCaskill is done with Game of Thrones:

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/19/8624535/mccaskill-game-of-thrones
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2015, 12:13:16 AM »

That's funny, I seem to remember her fighting against necessary changes to properly address sexual assault in the armed forces.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2015, 12:31:22 AM »

She can now join the hipsters who are too cool to watch the show but don't do it anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies