Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:42:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57017 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2015, 10:11:48 PM »

I still don't get why he led Sansa to Winterfell instead of keeping her safe in the Vale. Does he plan on befriending the Boltons? If so, why then tell Cersei he's going to raise the Vale's army against them? I know Littlefinger likes chaos, but even for him this plan makes no sense.

I think things are actually set up perfectly for Baelish to seize the North. Think about it: John (probably) gets resurrected and takes command of the Wildlings and summons some minor Northern Houses to march on Winterfell to get revenge against House Bolton. As the Wildling/Northern forces approach Winterfell, Baelish moves in with the Knights of the Vale into Winterfell to "support" the Boltons.

I'm also assuming that Jon will be resurrected, but I don't think that he'll then march on Winterfell.  I feel like it would be a cheat if Jon is resurrected just to do some stuff that his Stark self would care about, like driving the Boltons from Winterfell.  I'd prefer that undead-Jon shifts to "bigger picture" issues, presumably related directly to the White Walker invasion.  Maybe he'll have to flee north from Castle Black, and runs into Bran or Benjen?  Something like that.

I'm also guessing that whatever role he may have in Season 6, it'll be fairly limited, so that they can film it within a week or so.  It's the only way that HBO can maintain any plausible deniability about Kit's return whatsoever.  If he only has to film for a week, then he can "go on vacation" and go off the grid, secretly filming something in Belfast, that they can deny up until he appears onscreen in Season 6.

But if he has to film for months and months, like he has for every season up until now, then there's no way they can keep that a secret.  In which case, why are they even trying?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2015, 10:19:33 PM »

Having the White-walkers win would be kind of bullsh**t to because it would look like lazy writing, an easy way to cop out of having to write an actual ending in which the plot is relevant. It would be like if someone was writing an Alternate History and just as things were coming to a climax they post " ...and then an asteroid hits the earth and everyone dies. The end."

They could always win in Westeros, and human civilization could continue in Essos.

In any case, we saw in Episode 4x04, how that lead White Walker "infected" that last Craster baby, turning him into a WW.  As far as we know, all of the WWs might be former humans, no?  Maybe the infection, turning them into WWs, is what will actually save humanity from extinction?  Could be an I Am Legend ending, where the script is flipped, and the Infected become the new human race.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #227 on: July 17, 2015, 02:07:21 AM »

I'm also assuming that Jon will be resurrected, but I don't think that he'll then march on Winterfell.  I feel like it would be a cheat if Jon is resurrected just to do some stuff that his Stark self would care about, like driving the Boltons from Winterfell.  I'd prefer that undead-Jon shifts to "bigger picture" issues, presumably related directly to the White Walker invasion. Maybe he'll have to flee north from Castle Black, and runs into Bran or Benjen?  Something like that.

Ugh. I hope not. I kinda wish they would just disappear.

It would've been better if the assassin killed the kid in season 1 to get the ball rolling.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2015, 03:45:11 AM »

Bran is clearly very important to the story. I think we'll eventually be rewarded for enduring his boring storylines with something really awesome.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2015, 09:02:20 AM »

I haven't read the books, but since the show has now caught up to the books, I went and spoiled myself on some of the missing details covered in the books, and started looking at some theories online about the "big picture" aspects of the story.

And I have to say, the sci-fi theory put forth in this Preston Jacobs video from 6:40 until the end has to win some kind of all time award for maximum amount of tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jIfYj_guPo
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2015, 09:28:07 AM »

Maybe they will all be disinfected?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:05 AM »

I haven't read the books, but since the show has now caught up to the books, I went and spoiled myself on some of the missing details covered in the books, and started looking at some theories online about the "big picture" aspects of the story.

And I have to say, the sci-fi theory put forth in this Preston Jacobs video from 6:40 until the end has to win some kind of all time award for maximum amount of tinfoil:

You should read the "Tyrion is Daenerys's time-travelling fetus" theory.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »

You should read the "Tyrion is Daenerys's time-travelling fetus" theory.

D+D=T is a gem. Roose Bolt-On is also good.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2016, 08:19:17 AM »

*bump*

Season 6 is coming up in two months, and we just got a slew of new pics from the upcoming season (obviously looking at this spoils which characters will appear in the new season...some of whom we haven't seen for a while):

http://watchersonthewall.com/20-new-official-game-of-thrones-photos-released-from-season-6/
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2016, 11:29:09 AM »

Huh
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »

damn it I meant the Hound, not Bron(n).  (and yes I know, it's GoT, he (Hound) might not really be dead)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »

There will be a season six teaser this Sunday night on HBO.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2016, 10:31:54 PM »

Is there any way to watch this online for free?
Metis
Rookie
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2016, 09:01:43 AM »

Intrigued by Varys and the Greyjoys, not surprised at those snowangels and ruffled lions - but is Tyrion pouring his wine back into the flask? Things are getting serious, I guess.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2016, 09:32:37 AM »

It is the most illegally downloaded TV show or movie every year.  That said, I got a nasty email from HBO (via my ISP) a whole bunch of years ago for downloading something from them.  The last time I got an email like that from my ISP it said something to the affect that "if we get sh**t from any of these places again, me and you....we're done here...capiche?" so I'm kind of scared to try.  I think we're just going to get HBO Go for the several months GoT is on and then cancel if there is nothing good on this summer.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »

damn it I meant the Hound, not Bron(n).  (and yes I know, it's GoT, he (Hound) might not really be dead)

The Clegane Bowl theory is the one whacko theory I find very plausible (maybe not the actual Clegane Bowl part but at least the Hound being alive part)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2016, 02:08:27 AM »

It is the most illegally downloaded TV show or movie every year.  That said, I got a nasty email from HBO (via my ISP) a whole bunch of years ago for downloading something from them.  The last time I got an email like that from my ISP it said something to the affect that "if we get sh**t from any of these places again, me and you....we're done here...capiche?" so I'm kind of scared to try.  I think we're just going to get HBO Go for the several months GoT is on and then cancel if there is nothing good on this summer.

I was downloading each episode of GoT each week and never got a complaint email from HBO via my ISP, but then when I downloaded True Detective I got one... so I don't know what to expect when I do it again for the next season.  Undecided
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »

Yeah, that's weird.  I do recall the producers of GoT saying that they didn't really care if people downloaded it, maybe HBO feels the same way?  That doesn't seem likely though.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »

You don't have to "download" anything. Just google it and watch it as a video. This really isn't that complicated and I don't know why more people don't realize this.

It's just a google search away. It's illegal for them to upload it but not technically illegal for you to watch it. Just don't download anything.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2016, 06:17:13 AM »

The trailer for the new season is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2016, 08:09:26 PM »

I want Rickon to come back, and be a more grown up.

I want Lady Stoneheart to start killing Freys because they deserve it.

I want Lord Manderly to begin plotting the Stark return to power.

I want Aegon Targaryen to invade Westeros.

Is that too much to ask?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2016, 08:28:36 PM »

I want Rickon to come back, and be a more grown up.

I want Lady Stoneheart to start killing Freys because they deserve it.

I want Lord Manderly to begin plotting the Stark return to power.

I want Aegon Targaryen to invade Westeros.

Is that too much to ask?

Rickon is likely back, LSH is not happening, Manderly probably not, and definitely no Aegon.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2016, 11:58:22 PM »

Looks like Peter Dinklage will host Saturday Night Live on April 2nd.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2016, 02:06:41 PM »

There are people who like the Aegon plotline?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2016, 02:57:39 PM »

There are people who don't?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies