Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:09:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 56532 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: September 01, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »
« edited: September 01, 2017, 07:23:02 PM by dead0man »

The Mountain-100%
Cersei 99%
Euron 100%
Melisandre 100%
Varys 100%
Qyburn 82%
Beric 91%
Theon 87%
Bran 30%
Jorah 100%
Jon 33%
Jaime 25%
Yara 86%
Grey Worm 46%
The Hound 86%
Tormund 12%
Davos 51%
Gendry 6%
Bronn 23%
Daenerys 33%
Podrick 12%
Tyrion 12%
Brienne 5%
Samwell 5%
Arya 8%
Gilly 12%
Missandei 54%
Sansa 12%

edit-should add
Robert Arryn 74%
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #676 on: September 01, 2017, 08:27:49 PM »

My hunch is that Sansa, Arya, and Bran all live (though Bran wouldn't necessarily still be Bran).  I guess Sam and Gilly live as well.  Beyond that, though, everyone has a reasonably high chance of dying, IMHO.  I don't think either Jon or Dany will be king or queen of anywhere in Westeros though.  There's a reasonably high chance of one or both dying (probably more likely Dany than Jon), but if they live, something will happen to cause them to choose to give up power.

I guess there are some other secondary and tertiary characters who are also very likely to live.  E.g., I doubt Missandei will die, just because she's not a fighter and not important enough for someone to assassinate.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #677 on: September 01, 2017, 08:34:14 PM »

but she may die to give Grey Worm some extra motivation for something?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #678 on: September 01, 2017, 09:14:59 PM »

Melisandre only predicted that she and Varys would die in Westeros, but while it's 100% certain that she'll die in Season 8, there's no reason to think Varys wouldn't live to a ripe old age.

Cersei's was predicted previously as well, so the only question is does Jamie or Tyrion kill her.

Aegon VII (assuming he counts his half-brother as Aegon VI) and Daenerys I Targaryen will survive.

Euron and Yara both biting the dust so that Theon ends up as King of the Iron Islands looks likely.

Sansa becoming Queen (or Warden) of the North and surviving Winter looks reasonable, but the question is who does she wed? Do the circumstances lead her to accept Tyrion as husband at long last?

Grey Worm and Jorah both are likely to die.

The Hound will kill The Mountain, but whether he survives is unknown.

I hope Gendry dies.  He's an idiot and his return in Season 7 was a waste of time.  That of course means he's almost certain to live and probably end up Lord of the Storm Lands as well.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #679 on: September 01, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »

The "who dies" question also depends on whether there's any Babylon 5-esque flashforward at the end.  What if the Epilogue is 20 years in the future, or 100 years, or 500 years?  All of them will die eventually, unless they become White Walkers and get supernaturally long lifespans.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #680 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:59 PM »

Aegon VII (assuming he counts his half-brother as Aegon VI) and Daenerys I Targaryen will survive.
Why would he count his half-brother, who died before or minutes after the Mad King?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2017, 11:44:46 PM »

Melisandre only predicted that she and Varys would die in Westeros, but while it's 100% certain that she'll die in Season 8, there's no reason to think Varys wouldn't live to a ripe old age.

Cersei's was predicted previously as well, so the only question is does Jamie or Tyrion kill her.

Euron and Yara both biting the dust so that Theon ends up as King of the Iron Islands looks likely.

Sansa becoming Queen (or Warden) of the North and surviving Winter looks reasonable, but the question is who does she wed? Do the circumstances lead her to accept Tyrion as husband at long last?

I hope Gendry dies.  He's an idiot and his return in Season 7 was a waste of time.  That of course means he's almost certain to live and probably end up Lord of the Storm Lands as well.

I'm still hoping he dies a death of redeption. Ideally leading to Yara taking the throne. Since, well, he's not having any kids.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »

I'm still hoping he dies a death of redeption. Ideally leading to Yara taking the throne. Since, well, he's not having any kids.
Well if they stay independent, there's the Kingsmoot. It's not hereditary.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #683 on: September 02, 2017, 10:07:57 AM »

Quick question: who is warden of the reach, and who is warden of the riverlands, and who is warden of the stormlands, and who is warden of dorne?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #684 on: September 02, 2017, 10:21:40 AM »

Riverlands-Robert Arryn
Stormlands-nobody, Gendry at the end of next season
Dorne-nobody I guess....or some Lord from one of the more important secondary houses...lets say, Edric Dayne
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #685 on: September 02, 2017, 11:40:28 AM »

Riverlands-Robert Arryn
Dorne-nobody I guess....or some Lord from one of the more important secondary houses...lets say, Edric Dayne

There are a couple more things here that are kind of dumb re: the show's handling of those kingdoms:

1) Why is it that when Yara's fleet is sunk by Euron and the Martells are captured, Dany says that she's "lost Dorne"?  Wouldn't there still be someone left in charge in Dorne to take over, and why wouldn't they continue to back Dany?

2) Why on Earth were no representatives from these kingdoms (Dorne, Riverlands, Stormlands, Reach, the Vale) invited to the big summit in the finale?  Sansa gets invited and sends Brienne, but her invitation makes no sense, since Jon is already there to represent the North.  Yet no one from the aforementioned kingdoms is invited to see a zombie for themselves?  It seems nonsensical.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #686 on: September 02, 2017, 12:04:44 PM »

1.maybe there is and nobody on the show cares enough to do anything about it one way or the other, or even mention it on screen.

2.I got nothin'
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #687 on: September 02, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »

Perhaps there is a succession war in Dorne happening off screen that is preventing anyone from participating in the King's Landing politics. Maybe the same uncertainty is happening in the other kingdoms preventing their involvement in the nation as well. Both sides support factions in those wars, but can't commit troops to them because of a focus on KL. Maybe there is independence movements happening there that is ignored because they aren't very large movements. Don't know, but those would be semi-logical, and very interesting plotlines that could've been explored in a 10 episode season, or if they had less focus on stuff that doesn't really matter. Like Jon being stuck in Dragonstone for half the season not doing anything except foreshadowing his support and sex scene with Dany.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #688 on: September 05, 2017, 01:37:44 AM »

The reason why she's lost Dorne is that without Yara's fleet there's no reasonable way to get a significant force of Dornishmen north.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #689 on: September 05, 2017, 03:18:21 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2017, 03:21:29 AM by Parrotguy »

The reason why she's lost Dorne is that without Yara's fleet there's no reasonable way to get a significant force of Dornishmen north.

They can march north through the Boneway- then they only need to march through the Stormlands, which aren't very mighty after the way, and reach King's Landing. Or, they could march through Prince's Pass and march through the Reach, which is also not much of a threat after the turmoil of the treachery against Olenna.
Of course, all of this is null, because the show doesn't care about logic or geography when it doesn't fit the plot they have in mind.

Riverlands-Robert Arryn

There are a couple more things here that are kind of dumb re: the show's handling of those kingdoms:

1) Why is it that when Yara's fleet is sunk by Euron and the Martells are captured, Dany says that she's "lost Dorne"?  Wouldn't there still be someone left in charge in Dorne to take over, and why wouldn't they continue to back Dany?

2) Why on Earth were no representatives from these kingdoms (Dorne, Riverlands, Stormlands, Reach, the Vale) invited to the big summit in the finale?  Sansa gets invited and sends Brienne, but her invitation makes no sense, since Jon is already there to represent the North.  Yet no one from the aforementioned kingdoms is invited to see a zombie for themselves?  It seems nonsensical.

1. That's true, but about the "someone left in charge"- I don't think that kind of logic can apply to Dorne. Its lords are basically ignored. I mean, the Sand Snakes murdered the entire Martell line in the dumbest move ever, but no one cared and they just took over Dorne as if all's normal? It's BS.
2. Because the show underestimates its watchers and thinks they can't handle some complexity. Or they're just too lazy to write these kingdoms in and think logically about how they can fit in the plot.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #690 on: September 08, 2017, 10:17:18 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2017, 10:36:42 PM by Frodo »

Now that we know for certain that Jamie Lannister isn't going to be the Valonqar snuffing the life from Queen Cersei, that leaves two possibilities:

1. Sandor 'the Hound' Clegane (someone has to kill the Mountain to get at the Queen)

2. Arya Stark (Winterfell is admittedly a long ways away from Kings Landing, but it's the show....)

Which of the two do you think is more likely to do the deed? Or do they act together as a team once they meet up again?

And of course, one also has to factor in that Kings Landing is likely to be an active war zone as betrayal is met with betrayal, and the Golden Company (secretly already in alliance with Daenerys and Aegon Targaryen -assuming it is anything like the book version) turns on Cersei.  
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #691 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:28 PM »

Or Jaime is responsible for killing Cersei... by getting her pregnant again, and she dies in childbirth.

Also, let's remember, the prophecy of the "little brother" was intentionally removed from the show. It's only in the books.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #692 on: September 09, 2017, 04:11:52 AM »

Now that we know for certain that Jamie Lannister isn't going to be the Valonqar snuffing the life from Queen Cersei, that leaves two possibilities:

1. Sandor 'the Hound' Clegane (someone has to kill the Mountain to get at the Queen)

2. Arya Stark (Winterfell is admittedly a long ways away from Kings Landing, but it's the show....)

Which of the two do you think is more likely to do the deed? Or do they act together as a team once they meet up again?

And of course, one also has to factor in that Kings Landing is likely to be an active war zone as betrayal is met with betrayal, and the Golden Company (secretly already in alliance with Daenerys and Aegon Targaryen -assuming it is anything like the book version) turns on Cersei.  

I'm still holding out hope that it's gonna be Jaime. Like you said, Winterfell is a long ways from KL, but it's the show. If not Jaime, it's probably the baby, and then a tie between Tyrion and Arya. Really hoping it's not Arya, though.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #693 on: September 09, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »

There are various minor characters who are still alive but who could, conceivably, not be shown again, depending on what the endgame focuses on.  What do you think is the probability that we'll ever again see the following characters?:

1) Daario
2) Meera Reed
3) Howland Reed (have still only seen him in a flashback)
4) Robin Arryn
5) Edmure Tully
6) Gendry
7) Dolorous Edd
8 ) Sam's mother
9) Hot Pie
10) Nymeria
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #694 on: September 09, 2017, 09:58:41 AM »

1) Daario - 5%
2) Meera Reed - 90%
3) Howland Reed - 94%
4) Robin Arryn - 88%
5) Edmure Tully - 75%
6) Gendry - 100%
7) Dolorous Edd - 85%
8 ) Sam's mother - 35%
9) Hot Pie - 15%
10) Nymeria - 10%
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #695 on: September 09, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »

I would have put Daario at like 80%. He was a mercenary from Essos, and Euron is ferrying over mercenaries from Essos. Just makes sense that he might be one of them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #696 on: September 09, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »

I would have put Daario at like 80%. He was a mercenary from Essos, and Euron is ferrying over mercenaries from Essos. Just makes sense that he might be one of them.

I don't know if he'll be one of them, but the fact that we have characters (both Euron and now apparently Theon in pursuit of him) headed back to Essos bumps up the chances of Daario showing up again.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #697 on: September 09, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »

It also could be Euron betraying Cersei. Maybe he hires the faceless men to kill Cersei (it could be someone with Arya's face or perhaps Jaqen will show up at Winterfell and try to convince Arya to do it). Euron is Balon's younger brother.

But I still think it will be Jaime who kills Cersei, it would be a good end to his arc. I do hope they have bigger plans for Jaime though. Perhaps Bran is the Night King after all and Jaime negotiates a peace with the White Walkers (people think Jaime ending the Riverrun conflict peacefully instead of charging the castle like he would have done before he lost his land hinted at this). Jaime and Bran negotiating the final peace would be amazing, and it would also be interesting to see how far the characters have come (Jaime started out as a huge villain and Bran as an innocent child, but perhaps the roles are reversed after Jaime's redemption and the reveal that Bran is the Night King). It would be poetic. I read this theory once on Reddit btw.

The Lord of Light apparently is Aeksio Onos in Valyrian (the show released some Valyrian words) while Aeksion Ondos means ... Golden Hand! Jaime = Lord of Light confirmed Tongue. Anyway, I really like Jaime's redemption story in the books and I hope the show and the final books do justice to it (this is another reason why I HATE the Tormund-Brienne romance, it should be Jaime and Brienne Sad).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #698 on: September 09, 2017, 12:07:07 PM »

There are various minor characters who are still alive but who could, conceivably, not be shown again, depending on what the endgame focuses on.  What do you think is the probability that we'll ever again see the following characters?:

1) Daario- 30%
2) Meera Reed- 35%
3) Howland Reed- 10%
4) Robin Arryn- 60%
5) Edmure Tully- 50%
6) Gendry- 100%
7) Dolorous Edd- 99%
8 ) Sam's mother- 40%
9) Hot Pie- 25%
10) Nymeria- 10%
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #699 on: September 09, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »

1) Daario
2) Meera Reed
3) Howland Reed (have still only seen him in a flashback)
4) Robin Arryn
5) Edmure Tully
6) Gendry
7) Dolorous Edd
8 ) Sam's mother
9) Hot Pie
10) Nymeria

1) Daario 10%
2) Meera Reed 90%
3) Howland Reed 90%
4) Robin Arryn 50%
5) Edmure Tully 50%