Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57215 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 24, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »
« edited: April 24, 2016, 10:18:58 PM by The Unbearable Invicibility of Hillary Clinton »

May as well burn the books, they're way off the reservation at this point.

And HBO has somehow managed to ruin nudity too.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:59 AM »

I was hoping for great things from Alexander Siddig and his character....oh well. Anyone want to defend how that plotline has continued to develop?

Yeah, my wife is a big Alexander Siddig fan and was quite displeased.  What's to defend? that plotline is now deader than Jon Snow King Robb. 
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »

To be frank, anything that advances Daenerys's storyline and finally makes her get the hell out of Essos is fine by me.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 06:01:27 PM »

That seems bizarre why would he of all people be there.

Well,  he is employed by Littlefinger.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:58:16 PM »

And we're supposed to believe that Littlefinger snuck an entire army of the Vale right up to the gates of Winterfell without anyone in the North noticing? How the hell does that even happen??

Well, they could have done it via White Harbor with the assistance of House Manderly.  In the books, House Manderly has built a very large hidden navy for some unknown purpose and is quite loyal to House Stark.  Of course in the TV show, their existence is barely acknowledged. 

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 02:58:01 PM »

Didn't Euron claim to have the Dragonbinder in the TV show?  If I'm not just imagining details from the books into the show (which sadly I frequently have trouble with) then Euron will obviously make some type of attempt to hijack the dragons.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 06:45:42 PM »

Didn't Euron claim to have the Dragonbinder in the TV show?  If I'm not just imagining details from the books into the show (which sadly I frequently have trouble with) then Euron will obviously make some type of attempt to hijack the dragons.

No, there's been no mention of it.

It figures.  I guess there are 3 different versions of GoT, the book, the show, and whatever my brain chooses to latch onto.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »

I'm trying to think of whether there's any chance of Bran not reuniting with Jon and Sansa in Winterfell next season.  With Arya, it's easy to imagine, since I think she's most likely going to go south to finish her list.  But with Bran, it seems pretty likely that he'll be back in Winterfell.  What I would imagine happening is that Bran and Meera go to Castle Black, and then Edd fills them in on current events, and sends word to Jon in Winterfell that Bran's alive.

The only alternative I can think of would be if they don't go to Castle Black at all.  If Meera can find them a horse (I can't see her carrying Bran around everywhere...they need a horse), maybe she takes Bran home with her, and we get to see Howland Reed.

With Arya, I'd bet on her going south rather than north.  Though she might run into other characters in the Riverlands first.  Possibly the Hound, possibly Melisandre, possibly Nymeria...but the character I'm really hoping she runs into again is Hot Pie.

Arya and Hot Pie can compare and trade Frey Pie recipes. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies