Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57107 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 26, 2015, 02:20:42 PM »

Theon's sister is credited on IMDB for the next episode I think so the storyline will probably be addressed. Also, Maester Aemon had king's blood so why didn't they just use his instead of sacrificing Stannis' daughter?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 05:42:18 PM »

Theon's sister is credited on IMDB for the next episode I think so the storyline will probably be addressed.

No, she was credited on IMDb for last week's episode, which is further evidence that IMDb is totally unreliable on such things.  It's like a wiki where anyone can add whatever BS credit they like, just to mess with fans.  It happens with Game of Thrones all the time.

Damn, I guess I was just very hopeful. I just saw that the list also includes Benjen Stark for the finale, so yeah it's probably all made up.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »

Some pics from E10 have started to leak, including one showing the death of a character alive in the books and a post-FTW shot.

Spoiler response: The first picture with him bleeding out seems legit, but the 2nd picture of him warging appears fake.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »

GET HYPE

Random guess: Syrio killed Meryn Trant in Season 1, took his face, and reveals himself to Arya. Benjen is a horse (credit to reddit).
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »

Spoilers:

I'm just hyped for the probable appearance of Lady Stoneheart.

Sorry to kill that hype train, but there's no way she shows up. Not to worry though, we still have Benjen and Cleganebowl
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »

I can't get over how dumb the Sand Snakes plot was (thanks Obara).

I suppose we're going to get more of them next season in some capacity?  I doubt we'll see much of Dorne itself next year, since I don't think anyone left there is significant enough to serve as a point-of-view character.  But I imagine that Ellaria and/or the Sand Snakes will flee Dorne and infect other storylines, since staying there will risk re-arrest and execution by Doran?

I think Doran was in on their plan, he seemed to acknowledge Ellaria with approval when she poison-kissed Myrcella. On the ship, my guess is that it's being controlled by Dornish men who will take Jamie, Bronn, and Trystane to Mereen instead of Kings Landing (might kill off Bronn). The plan is to marry Trystane to Danaerys and assist her in taking the throne, making Trystane King Consort while also offering Jamie (the man that killed her father) as a gift of good faith to Danaerys. Instead, there is an awkward reunion between Jamie and Tyrion.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »

I haven't read the books, but since the show has now caught up to the books, I went and spoiled myself on some of the missing details covered in the books, and started looking at some theories online about the "big picture" aspects of the story.

And I have to say, the sci-fi theory put forth in this Preston Jacobs video from 6:40 until the end has to win some kind of all time award for maximum amount of tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jIfYj_guPo

You should read the "Tyrion is Daenerys's time-travelling fetus" theory.

D+D=T is a gem. Roose Bolt-On is also good.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »

You're in luck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JnAyka8p-8&list=PLbwWsMYt-N_QyVjfGB0b-9d0dZU1cSTlx&index=1
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 04:17:35 PM »

I read the books so I'm pretty excited to finally see how the rez scene occurs.
From the trailer, we know we're finally getting a Bran scene, so I'm guessing the episode starts with that, probably taking place at Winterfell in the past. Other events I think will happen:
-Balon + Euron + bridge scene
-Ramsey kills Roose or Walda or her baby (he kills probably at least 1 person)
-Jamie + High Sparrow scene from the trailer
-Wildlings come back, capture Thorne (maybe some NW die)
-Arya accidentally wargs into a cat, fights off the Waif
-Tyrion frees the dragons!
-Mel rezzes Jon, and possibly sacrifices herself/Ghost/nobody at all. (last shot of episode)
-ToJ scene with Bran happens either this episode, next episode, or episode 4. If rez scene happens this episode, I think ToJ is the start of the next episode.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 10:03:15 PM »

AHHHHHHHHHH
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 10:27:15 PM »

That was some major fan service with what happened to       Olly.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 11:52:12 AM »

On another topic…what to make of Ned “hearing” Bran call to him in the past?  Is this a hint that they’re actually going to resolve the White Walker conflict with time travel or something?  Bran goes several thousand years into the past, whispers an important message to the First Men, and that fixes everything, the end?

The past is already written, so the type of time travel shown is that anything Bran does is what has already happened. For example, if Bran warged into a young Hodor (Willis) and made him into the modern day Hodoring Hodor, that wouldn't be changing the past but making the past as it had already been.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 11:19:58 PM »

Loved the Jon/Sansa reunion, Meereen plot was surprisingly interesting, and Dany's ending was fierce. So, all around good episode. Also, I'm still holding out hope that a TWOW completion announcement could still come this year (and definitely at latest sometime next year).
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »

I don't think any moment in the show has left me with more feels than that ending scene. Also, I was not expecting that extreme closeup of that part of the actor from the play.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 08:24:50 AM »

Apparently, a couple years ago, George RR Martin gave the details of the last 2 books to the showrunners so they could start planning the show, and there 3 were specific "holy sh**t" moments"
1. Stannis sacrificing Shireen
2. Hodor's origin story
3. TBA

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin_us_57449e29e4b0aad87c8baeac

3. Tyrion is actually Dany's son from Season 1, but he was a time traveling fetus and swapped places with the real son of Tywin shortly before his birth.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 01:41:42 PM »

I think they'll show Sam getting to Oldtown just in time for the Maesters to declare that Winter has come, and they send word to Kings Landing. Then Pycelle finds out, and we get the epilogue from ADWD.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »

Wow. That's all I have to say.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »

Ugh I caved to pressure and read all the leaks, and now I know how the rest of the season plays out. Obviously I won't spoil anything here.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 07:22:25 PM »

I knew they were out there and I was bored, so I gave in to the temptations. It was just written descriptions though, and the show's big thing is the visuals, so I didn't spoil myself on everything.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 10:16:32 AM »

Do you guys think that Tyrion's "there are other ways to determine succession" talk with Dany is meant to foreshadow some kind of new post-war political arrangement that will emerge at the end of the story, whereby Westeros (or whatever's left of it) ditches the current power structure in favor of some more egalitarian method of choosing leadership?  It came off to me as a clumsy attempt at such foreshadowing.

Maybe Dany and Jon hookup in Season 8, she gets pregnant but dies in childbirth, Jon's heritage becomes widely known and he becomes King but establishes a democracy.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 09:29:28 PM »

The whole B=NK theory makes no sense. Bran can't even time travel physically, so how could he be that first dude that got stabbed by the children and turned into a white walker?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »

The whole B=NK theory makes no sense. Bran can't even time travel physically, so how could he be that first dude that got stabbed by the children and turned into a white walker?

He wouldn't be him physically, only mentally.  I guess the idea is that it would be sort of like when he mentally sent the "hold the door" message back in time to Hodor, except this time he'd be sending his entire consciousness.  It'd be a "Being John Malkovich" type scenario, where his mind ends up displacing the mind of the original guy.

Well if it's only mentally, then the similarity in appearance to Bran doesn't have any relation to the theory itself and is just a coincidence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies