Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:14:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57102 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« on: March 12, 2016, 08:09:26 PM »

I want Rickon to come back, and be a more grown up.

I want Lady Stoneheart to start killing Freys because they deserve it.

I want Lord Manderly to begin plotting the Stark return to power.

I want Aegon Targaryen to invade Westeros.

Is that too much to ask?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »

I generally like the Aegon storyline, but it's completely unnecessary to include in the adaptation.

I don't like Lannisters, except for Tyrion, and Jaimie is getting better, any storyline that's bad for Lannisters is good for me.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »

I liked Sansa's escape, although it was implausible, it gave me something that I wanted to happen.

Daenerys was watchable, but boring.

Tyrion, and Jorah were underused this episode; HBO, don't let that happen the rest of the season.

Walda Bolton is going to die, Ramsey's only scene screamed "death to Walda, and her son!" It'll be a surprise, not a good or bad one, just a surprise, if her child isn't a boy.

While it did set up I expect to be an amazing plot line, I did want more from the wall, and King's Landing.

I disagree with the consensus, I really liked the Dorne twist. Made that plot line interesting for the first time since Oberyn's death. I'm looking forward to the inevitable Lannister/Martell war.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »

I'm thinking that the high sparrow is going to die in this episode or the next.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 07:35:04 PM »

That was one of the best episodes since Jofferey's death.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 09:39:02 PM »

Anyway, enough of Masterjedi being awful.  Prediction time:

- Arya trains, gets much better, fights with the Waif (we get the fight scenes from the trailers), finally lands a hit on the Waif and gets her sight back.  Also, at some point Jaqen says "A girl has been given a second chance.  There will not be a third.  If a girl is truly no one, then she has nothing to fear.  And if she isn't, it doesn't matter.  One way or another, the gift will be given.  One way or another, a face will be added to the Wall."  

- Jon executes Thorne, Marsh, Yarwyck, and (after a brief hesitation) Olly.  

- Obligatory "Tyrion drinks some wine and says something funny" scene

- Qyburn has Pycelle and Kevan murdered on Cersei's orders

- Tommen tries to confront the High Sparrow and it goes about as well as you'd expect

- Bran sees the fight part of Tower of Joy, but nothing else

- The Umbers give Rickon, Osha, and Shaggydog to Ramsay who has the latter two killed.  Ramsay writes a show version of the Pink Letter to Jon which includes the line from the teaser "Winterfell is mine.  Come and see..."

Malcolm, you're scaring me with these predictions.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 10:39:50 AM »

I thought this was one of the strongest episodes of the season. Except anything in Essos, Tyrion has done a good job of making it more interesting, but anything over there is just sludge I have to sit through.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 10:22:17 AM »

I just hope that GRRM changes his mind about sacrificing Shireen in the books. That was one of the worst moments on television.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 08:42:37 AM »

I just want to say, aside from Ramsey's death, the best part of this episode is the tracking shot of Jon Snow fighting during the battle.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 03:32:15 PM »

I'm expecting the wall to fall.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 01:55:33 PM »

I don't know, but I'm sure excited about it.

Also, don't know if you've heard, but there are 5 spin off series in pre-pre-pre-production.  Probably won't do all 5, and whatever they are, they won't be about anything remotely close to what's gone on in the show OR Sir Robert's Rebellion....and not that Duck and Egg thing (or whatever) either.

There is no such thing as pre-pre-pre-production. The series are in development.

Anyway, I'm kinda skeptical about 5 series, but intrigued as to what they are. As for the trailer, I thought it was very good, the Lannister/Unsullied fight scenes particularly interested me.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 06:31:03 PM »

Anyone else feeling a lack of enthusiasm for the coming season? It's a social enough occasion for me that I will watch anyway, but I'm not excited about it.

I'm pumped.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 04:12:10 PM »

The wife was sympathetic to Sansa when Arya was threatening her.  I, on the other hand, was like "Eff yeah Arya, spit truth girl!"

re:the ice dragon.....where'd the Night King get the four 200 meter long, large iron chains?

Probably out of D&D's assholes.

You know the complete story behind the Night King, and know exactly how he got power and every resource he has at his disposal? Awesome! I wonder why D&D and GRRM told you. Considering the mystery they've been building around him and the extent of his power.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »

While the season did have some great scenes, I think the finale was the season 7 I wanted. Too bad it lasted one episode.

This episode was amazing. Having some great plotlines from Theon and the Lannisters. Plus, I was waiting for that scene to happen at the end for a long time.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 10:07:57 AM »

Quick question: who is warden of the reach, and who is warden of the riverlands, and who is warden of the stormlands, and who is warden of dorne?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »

Perhaps there is a succession war in Dorne happening off screen that is preventing anyone from participating in the King's Landing politics. Maybe the same uncertainty is happening in the other kingdoms preventing their involvement in the nation as well. Both sides support factions in those wars, but can't commit troops to them because of a focus on KL. Maybe there is independence movements happening there that is ignored because they aren't very large movements. Don't know, but those would be semi-logical, and very interesting plotlines that could've been explored in a 10 episode season, or if they had less focus on stuff that doesn't really matter. Like Jon being stuck in Dragonstone for half the season not doing anything except foreshadowing his support and sex scene with Dany.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »

I read an interesting theory on another forum:

1) Sam now knows that Jon is "the heir to the Iron Throne", however....

2) Jon might not want to take the throne, or at least he might not want his parentage to become public while they're still in the middle of the war with the White Walkers, as it could disrupt the union between Dany's forces and the North, since Dany probably wouldn't quietly step down in favor of Jon.  However...

3) Despite Sam's strained relationship with his family, he probably won't be too happy about Dany burning his father and brother alive.  Or at least, when he finds out that she did so, he will very likely fear that Dany is totally unsuitable for the queenship.  And so....

4) Maybe Sam will reveal Jon's identity publicly even if Jon doesn't want him to, because he thinks Jon is the only leader who makes sense in this crisis.  It would be consistent with his having put Jon's name forward to be Lord Commander without having consulted with him first.

How will the rest of Westeros react?  How will Sansa and Arya react?  How will the northern lords react?  Would they withdraw support from Jon and back Sansa as Queen of the North now?  How will Dany's supporters in Westeros now react?  Does Varys now consider backing Jon instead of Dany?  What about Tyrion?  The White Walker invasion makes it a hell of a time to have a succession crisis, but it looks like that's the big bomb that the writers planted to go off in the final season.

That would actually be really interesting. Although, I doubt they'll do anything with it, only 6 episodes left, and also has a few other plotlines to wrap up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies