Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:16:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57417 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: June 07, 2016, 02:09:35 AM »

Yeah the "Arya" at the end of the episode was quite clearly not her. My bet is it's Jaqen Ha'gar wearing an Arya mask in order to test the other girl if she would keep her promise to not make Arya suffer (she failed). Now he's leading her into an ambush by leaving a trail of blood
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:14:51 AM »

also wtf how did nobody in this thread mention THE RETURN OF SANDOR CLEGANE GET HYPE!!!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:24:13 AM »

ok one last thing - right click and open in new tab to read it

Huh
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 10:13:43 AM »

Guys, this is a show with dragons and ice zombies, not a medical documentary.  To paraphrase MST3K's theme song, "If you're wondering how she survives multiple stab wounds to the gut and other science facts, then repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, I just really just relax.'"

Grey Worm got stabbed in the gut once and he was bedridden for multiple episodes and was crippled for the rest of the season

The show itself has demonstrated that being stabbed in the gut is Very Serious Business - but in the preview for next week's episode we see Arya literally parkouring from rooftop to rooftop. Either it wasn't her that got stabbed or Sexy Jesus Man is going to suddenly reveal he has magic stab wound healing powers

That seems bizarre why would he of all people be there.

It makes sense he would get the hell out of Westeros after he testified against Loras and all that. I have no idea why the show would bring him in now or what he'd be doing in Braavos specifically or why he'd start following Arya, but that bright blue shirt + blonde hair combo is distinct enough that it's making me wonder
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »

Jon's fcking charge against the Bolton army is unbelievably dumb and actually immoral. He was taking an action that would kill his men just because he let his emotions control him. Pathetic.

I think this is entirely intentional - his resurrection took away a part of his humanity, making him far more vicious than he used to be
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »

Actually Stannis' season five arc was one of the high points of the series imo.  On a different note, Sansa *did* know that the Vale knights were coming.  That's the whole point.

When did Sansa get a reply to the raven she sent Littlefinger??
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 06:14:48 AM »

If Cersei wildfires something I doubt it'll be anything more than the Sept of Baelor (or maybe the Red Keep, but I don't know why she would (I'm just thinking about Dany's vision in the House of the Undying here)). Earlier in the season when Bran was tripping with visions from the past/present/future, there were several flashes with visions of a dragon's shadow passing over King's Landing so I assume the city will still be intact when she finally gets there.

I think we the viewers are going to learn about Jon's true parentage (R+L=J) via Bran witnessing the rest of the Tower of Joy scene (perhaps with exposition/corroboration from Benjenhands). I don't see how Jon would definitively find out himself, though. I don't know what could be in the crypts that would reveal his parentage yet somehow remained unknown until now, and even if someone like Littlefinger knew I don't think Jon would have reason to believe it without any corroborating evidence
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:20 PM »

One other finale prediction: I’m guessing that there’s a good chance that we’ll have a scene checking in with Sam?  I mean, at some point he’s got to reach Oldtown, right?  I’m wondering if they saved Sam’s arrival in Oldtown for the finale because he’s actually going to discover something pretty interesting about the White Walkers there right off the bat?  Something that’s finale-worthy, that’ll provide a good tease for next year.

I hope not, there's really no time.

It's going to be the longest episode the show's ever had...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:57 PM »

also regarding the earlier discussion about the last episode I found this explanation compelling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4pp0yz/spoilers_everything_jons_story_in_battle_of_the/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies