Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:31:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57131 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 18, 2015, 09:05:19 AM »

I wasn't expecting that.....

I kept expecting Sansa to pull a shank out or Reek/Theon to do something....anything....but as soon as her face hit the pillow I knew it was over.....ugggg  Way to go Littlefinger!

I was disappointed Tommen let the Faith take his wife away like that. Come on, man...
and yes!  WTF Tommen!  You like what you and your queen do in the bedroom right?  How the hell are you going to let this sh**t go down, you're the funking king.  Nut up son.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 08:33:07 AM »

Arya's storyline this season has been pretty boring so far. It was much better last season.
Indeed.  The stuff inside Boring Square Building of Many Faces and Murder was tedious.  I enjoy the Arya storylines, but where it's been most of this season is boring.

and the giant was freaking awesome!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »

damn it I meant the Hound, not Bron(n).  (and yes I know, it's GoT, he (Hound) might not really be dead)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 09:32:37 AM »

Is there any way to watch this online for free?
It is the most illegally downloaded TV show or movie every year.  That said, I got a nasty email from HBO (via my ISP) a whole bunch of years ago for downloading something from them.  The last time I got an email like that from my ISP it said something to the affect that "if we get sh**t from any of these places again, me and you....we're done here...capiche?" so I'm kind of scared to try.  I think we're just going to get HBO Go for the several months GoT is on and then cancel if there is nothing good on this summer.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »

Yeah, that's weird.  I do recall the producers of GoT saying that they didn't really care if people downloaded it, maybe HBO feels the same way?  That doesn't seem likely though.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 06:37:01 PM »

Tywin was an excellent bad guy and so is his daughter.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 05:15:52 AM »

Indeed....but I found myself rooting for her a little bit in the trailer when she's offered a choice surrender or violence and she went with violence.  Those churchy folk are bunch of c**nts.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 09:18:33 AM »

I enjoyed it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 08:54:44 AM »

Lots of good stuff and one horrible thing.  I was like, "please cut away" over and over...and they just drug it out......come on....I know where this is going....."please cut away, please cut away".

At least they didn't "show" anything and they didn't add a baby cry sound effect in.  I always have a hard time with kid death, even in a show as hardcore as this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »

oh, which head smash was better?  The giant and the crossbowman, or the Zombie Mountain vs big talker?  Sure the giant smash was more....insanely awesome, but the Zombie Mountain's casualness and ease earned a lot of points.  Still, I think the edge goes to the big guy up north.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 05:49:23 AM »

Love how they trolled the fans for a week about Jon Snow.

Either way we need George RR Martin to get off his fat lazy ass and write the next two books. He's gotten caught up in his own fame and worthless blogging, every normal person would have been fired long ago. Send out the goon squads and beat him until he finishes it.
and it's got nothing to do with fame, he took forever to write sh**t before the fame too.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 11:16:57 AM »

On another topic…what to make of Ned “hearing” Bran call to him in the past?  Is this a hint that they’re actually going to resolve the White Walker conflict with time travel or something?  Bran goes several thousand years into the past, whispers an important message to the First Men, and that fixes everything, the end?

better not end that way
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 09:57:24 PM »

when Cersei lights Chekov's wildfire and burns down King's Landing
And now my laptop is covered in green tea, thanks. Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »

I thought the exact same thing in that scene.  There were large logs falling everywhere, as there would be in that situation.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 08:57:28 PM »

I hope, and kind of assume someone will, the universe is kept alive in other shows, miniseries and movies.  There are a million stories there.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:36 AM »

I was wondering how many seasons were left, and decided to just look it up myself.  2 short seasons of 7 and 6 episodes.  So we only have 15 episodes left.  Just FYI for anybody that was wondering the same.

link
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »

I was hoping/assuming a genius battle plan by Jon or the Onion or the Wildlings, and they hinted that they might go that way, but no.  It did look good though.  I kept hoping one of the other houses were going to turn on Ramsey, especially the group that went in and surrounded the Wildlings....I was half expecting them to turn around and start attacking Ramsey's more loyal men, but no.

I would have kept Ramsey alive for a few weeks.  Having his own dogs eat him was a nice touch, but seemed to quick for such a sh**t.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »

The Simpsoning of GoT has begun.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 04:47:26 PM »

The High Sparrow is probably my least favorite secondary character.  I'd rather see more Adventures with Gilly and Sam in Oldtown than another Mr Pious Goes to King's Landing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 04:18:57 AM »

He borrowed Littlefinger's teleporter.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »

I don't know, but I'm sure excited about it.

Also, don't know if you've heard, but there are 5 spin off series in pre-pre-pre-production.  Probably won't do all 5, and whatever they are, they won't be about anything remotely close to what's gone on in the show OR Sir Robert's Rebellion....and not that Duck and Egg thing (or whatever) either.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 07:21:10 AM »

Obviously they had to strengthen Cersei's hand to make the story work better, but sheesh.  They did a good job too plot wise....sure a little Dues Ex with Euron and his magic fleet, but marching on Highgarden and getting the money just.in.time....ok, that worked out a little too good as well.

Jamie is an amazing character though.  Pushes a likable little boy out the window in the pilot and 7 seasons later, he's still doing bad things for the bad guys yet is somehow one of the most sympathetic characters.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »

and when did Dany become a "bad guy"?  Ok, maybe she isn't the "bad guy", but she sure did a lot things "bad guy"s do last night.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »

and when did Dany become a "bad guy"?  Ok, maybe she isn't the "bad guy", but she sure did a lot things "bad guy"s do last night.

Like what?  She did far worse things in Meereen, like crucifying the masters, feeding one of the Meereenese nobles (who she admitted might have been innocent) to her dragons as an example to the others, and forcing Hizdahr to marry her.

the taking the boat and weapons and the general dickishness, but you're right, she has done dickish things in the past too.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »

why would you do that?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies