Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:40:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57113 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: May 18, 2015, 07:14:49 AM »

I was disappointed Tommen let the Faith take his wife away like that. Come on, man...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

I thought Littlefinger's plan would come to fruition before any wedding so I was surprised by the end.  Now not sure what LF is up to. And is Sansa still his ally?

Just got done blitz watching the whole thing over the last two weeks.

It kinda seems like his entire plan relies on House Bolton defeating Stannis in the battle for the North. If Stannis wins then he's back to square one with the Veil being on the front lines of the Baratheon advance. He would yet again become entirely beholden to the Lannisters to defeat Stannis.

I'm assuming he wants Stannis to win and declare Sansa the warden of the North, restoring the Starks to power. That way, Littlefinger has two regions essentially under his control.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:17:56 PM »

I haven't read the books or any spoilers or anything, but there's like, literally, no chance that a TV show will feature a major character murdering his little girl by burning her alive. Even on Game of Thrones. I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Also, didn't Melisandre just draw blood from Robert's bastard without killing him? And then Stannis used said blood to hex Joffrey, Robb, and Balon Greyjoy (have we even heard from him since season 2?)? Why would he need to kill Shireen for this?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 07:26:31 AM »

Balon isn't dead on the TV show.  See the Game of Thrones Wiki (which is entirely based on the TV show continuity):

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Balon_Greyjoy

There's nothing about him dying in there.

So 2 episodes in season 2, and then one scene in season 3. He hasn't renounced his claim of independence, has he? Surely they'll have to wrap that up at some point.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 07:21:20 AM »

I've noticed that book readers really love Arya, but I've always thought her plotlines were the least interesting on the show.

Well, actually I enjoyed Bran's even less, so I'm glad he hasn't been in this season at all. (Also, I enjoyed Theon up on the X even less than both of them, but that's presumably over.)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 09:23:02 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2015, 09:41:53 PM by Harry »

I'm not 100% sure he really did it. They did cut the scene away a little early.

Or maybe I'm just reaching. As my dad pointed out to me, Stannis has never been a sympathetic character. He already killed his own brother, so why not his daughter too?

If he really did it, though, he sinks to the rock bottom of characters in the show. I hope the Boltons kill him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 07:17:05 AM »

1. If it happens in the books, as online articles strongly implies it will, it's not a "shocking twist!!!1" at all, any more than the killings of Ned Stark or Robb Stark were.

2. Stannis has already been established as someone who has no qualms killing his brother, nor of burning hundreds of nonbelievers alive. He obviously had a lot of qualms about this, but he's a terrible human being, so it's not as out of character as some people are making it out to be.

3. A few internet articles are raising the same hope that I did that she's not really dead. It's really not comparable at all to the Ned Stark truthers -- Ned was clearly shown decapitated, and it was a well-established plot point in the books that sets up the action for the next few seasons. There was just no way they could even have a show without killing off Ned.

Until we see a body, I have hope. Maybe the greyscale helped. Or maybe Melisandre used some magic to make it appear that she burned Shireen alive, but she didn't really. Or maybe Stannis stopped the whole thing after the scene cut away.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »

This could be a spoiler, but I don't know anything so I don't intend it to be:

Doesn't book Melisandre use illusion magic to appear to burn another character but not really do it? Could the show have recast that scene onto Shireen?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »

I think characters like Joffrey and Ramsey have blinded people to the fact that Stannis is a supremely sh**tty guy too. In "normal" tv shows, Stannis would be the big villain of the show -- he's already killed his own brother (a huge taboo in the Westeros world) and has been burning people alive for 4 seasons.

Stannis has always been a morally repugnant character. Not as over-the-top about it as Joffrey and Ramsey, but still a completely terrible person. Let's not pretend like he was this upstanding guy that whose character was assassinated out of the blue by the writers.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 07:22:20 AM »

I don't really care about the books, which I have not read. I care about the television show, which used to be a good show but is increasingly poorly written and prioritizing SHOCKING TWISTS and torturing fan favorite characters over good storytelling.

Again, how can something that was extensively foreshadowed and predicted by several people on this very thread be "SHOCKING TWIST?"
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »

Apparently, a couple years ago, George RR Martin gave the details of the last 2 books to the showrunners so they could start planning the show, and there 3 were specific "holy sh**t" moments"
1. Stannis sacrificing Shireen
2. Hodor's origin story
3. TBA

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin_us_57449e29e4b0aad87c8baeac
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 04:38:51 PM »

Do you think Tommen and Margery are truly converted over to the High Sparrow's side, or just faking it for now?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 07:32:01 AM »

I predict that Bronn willingly switches to Daenerys's side, and Jamie becomes prisoner.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »

I would have put Daario at like 80%. He was a mercenary from Essos, and Euron is ferrying over mercenaries from Essos. Just makes sense that he might be one of them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies