Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:16:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57245 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 18, 2016, 12:38:48 AM »

Personally, I think it's too early to assume that Tommen actually died.  He went off screen, supposedly to remove the crown and then when "he" comes back to the window, we only see him from the back.  I think it's entirely possible he faked his death so he could escape his mother's clutches.  Certainly whatever is left of the Sparrows would be willing to help him do that and provide the "volunteer" to be his body double.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:57:31 PM »

A couple of other things about last night's episode:

1) Dany says that, like her, Jon has also lost two brothers.  At the time she's saying that, doesn't most of the world still believe that Bran is also dead?  Meaning that she'd think that he's lost three brothers?

2) If that is really the end of the greyscale storyline, then it's an incredibly dumb subplot.  All it accomplished was getting Jorah separated from Dany's group for about 8-10 episodes, in a way that seemingly had no impact on the larger storyline whatsoever.

I still hope that Sam's newfound greyscale knowledge ultimately ties in with whatever knowledge he's going to harness against the White Walkers.  After all, we've seen Craster's babies get turned into WWs in a way that evokes greyscale turning people into the stone men, almost like an ice counterpart to greyscale's "fire".  They're both like an infection, so I've long thought that the solution to both problems might be related.  But seeing that the cure for greyscale consists of cutting off the scales and applying ointment, I'm now less hopeful on this front than I used to be.

I forget if it was from the books or some other source, but as I recall, that ointment had a large portion of ground obsidian in it, so the two may be linked, leading to a way of curing the Night King.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »

Given the peeling paint/clear coat on the hood, I've decided to rename my car Jorah.

That episode was a lot less brutal than I expected, especially in regards to Ellaria and that Sand Snake. I mean it's not a good end for them, but I expected the Mountain to "assist."

I could see him crushing Ellaria's skull to bring her to an end, especially if King's Landing is about to fall.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:14:05 AM »

I don't know what I want more -Daenerys Targaryen as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, and/or Sansa Stark as Queen (or perhaps Warden) of the North.  

BTW, I'm curious about Yara Greyjoy's fate.  It doesn't seem like Cersei (or Jaime) has the same personal animus toward her like she does toward Ellaria and her Sand Snakes.  Could Cersei try to persuade Yara to join her in a bid to provide an alternative to Euron whom she clearly doesn't want to marry -and might eventually do away with once he's no longer of use to her?  Perhaps secretly offering Yara the lordship of the Iron Islands in exchange for joining her cause? 

Euron might try to do as his queen and have familiar relations with a family member, not that I think Yara would go along with that. If they weren't rushing to the end of intra-human conflict by the end of this abbreviated season, we'd probably have a chance to see Yara get insight in how Theon became Reek.

If I'd been the showrunner, I'd have ended the episode with Grey Worm wondering where the Lannister Army was and then had Episode 3.5 deal with the taking of Highgarden. It looked defensible enough, so Olenna should have retreated into it and wait for Dany's dragons to come help. Hence there must have been some skullduggery and betrayal that caused it to fall. Granted, we've seen it before, but that's why we watch Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, it's clear the showrunners have become bored with the series and want to move on to other projects. This easily could've been a ten episode season.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »

it was SOOOO tense, I don't know if I've ever been so tense watching a TV show before.

So...Bronn or Daenerys, who were you rooting for?  I was so torn, but I knew I didn't want Bronn to die more than anything else.

Bronn since Dany's really annoying; even though I knew it would happen, I was genuinely disappointed Qyburn's ballista didn't work.

Why?  It was clear to me from the moment that I saw it in the basement of the Red Keep that aiming it would be its weakness.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »

Jamie's good at getting captured, so that's almost certainly what will happen. I don't see Bronn abandoning his bromance with Jamie unless Dany gives him a castle right away which won't happen tonight. My guess is that Jamie gets traded for Yara, tho whether that happens tonight or next week depends on what all happens tonight.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »

Just got finished watching the season finale. Nothing spectacular, tho they did manage to cover everything they needed to.  I realize they were trying to bring things to a close quickly this season, but they easily could have added at least one more episode, Episode 3.5, which could have been a mostly intrigue laden episode showing how Highgarden fell due to treachery from within.  They also might have been able to get a Gendry centered episode if they'd considered doing more than typing up a loose end by having Davos find him when he went to King's Landing.  Gendry didn't add anything to any of the storylines he was in, so he was a wasted opportunity.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 09:14:59 PM »

Melisandre only predicted that she and Varys would die in Westeros, but while it's 100% certain that she'll die in Season 8, there's no reason to think Varys wouldn't live to a ripe old age.

Cersei's was predicted previously as well, so the only question is does Jamie or Tyrion kill her.

Aegon VII (assuming he counts his half-brother as Aegon VI) and Daenerys I Targaryen will survive.

Euron and Yara both biting the dust so that Theon ends up as King of the Iron Islands looks likely.

Sansa becoming Queen (or Warden) of the North and surviving Winter looks reasonable, but the question is who does she wed? Do the circumstances lead her to accept Tyrion as husband at long last?

Grey Worm and Jorah both are likely to die.

The Hound will kill The Mountain, but whether he survives is unknown.

I hope Gendry dies.  He's an idiot and his return in Season 7 was a waste of time.  That of course means he's almost certain to live and probably end up Lord of the Storm Lands as well.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 01:37:44 AM »

The reason why she's lost Dorne is that without Yara's fleet there's no reasonable way to get a significant force of Dornishmen north.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies