Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:06:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Winter is Coming (GoT is back) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winter is Coming (GoT is back)  (Read 57366 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« on: April 12, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »

I watched the first four of Season 5 yesterday.  One random thing I noticed in Episode 4 is that someone mentions dolphins and sharks.  This got me wondering, has anyone ever compiled a list of all real world animals that also exist in the GoT/ASoIaF universe?  I'm guessing they don't have kangaroos.

I bet they have kangaroos down in the Summer Isles or Sothoryos.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 01:59:58 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 03:57:39 AM by badgate »

Side note for The Lion And The Rose players/readers: in the premiere tonight, was that a Show!canon version of Runestone in the scene with Yohn Royce? Boy I hope so Cheesy edited: actually it seems that was the gate of the moon

Also cool to see a show!cannon Stokeworth castle
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 12:59:29 AM »

So Episode 3 airs tomorrow, and I've already watched it because of the leak.  This one should generate a fair amount of online controversy, because, while I haven't read the books, my understanding is that the Sansa storyline is a huge departure from the books.  Also, there's a post-sex scene in a separate storyline that I'm guessing will generate some controversy.

The month-long wait to see a new episode sure is fun!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »

In the books Tommen is like 9 or 10, they're obviously making him appear older for TV but he really is that young.

He's not just appearing older on the show, they aged the character up. As they did with nearly every child character.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »

WHEW!! I had watched the screener for this episode weeks ago, but damn was it good to watch in High Def.

Those Sons of the Harpy masks are creepy as f*** when they're in a group. Kind of makes me glad they didn't incorporate the Brazen Beasts in the show; it'd be hard for the audience to trust that they're on Dany's side.

Sure as hell hoping Grey Worm and Ser Barristan at least survive for a few minutes in next week's episode so that we can properly say goodbye.

Sansa's scene in the crypt, especially when she bends down and picks up the feather that Robert had put in Lyanna's hand way back in the pilot, was one of my favorites of the episode. As well as Stannis and Shireen *starts crying again*

So excited to see a new episode next week xD
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 09:04:27 PM »

I like how they loosened the Meereeneese knot by simply cutting out the Ironborn.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 04:54:59 AM »

I was always unsure about the popular John mother theory until last week's episode.  Now I am convinced that is where the show is going.

They also seem to be really flying through the last two books. I could see them finishing most if not all of both AFFC and ADWD (including the stuff they are ignoring) by the end of the season.

As far as I can tell I bet that's the plan
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 12:13:16 AM »

That's funny, I seem to remember her fighting against necessary changes to properly address sexual assault in the armed forces.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 12:18:47 AM »

I haven't read the books or any spoilers or anything, but there's like, literally, no chance that a TV show will feature a major character murdering his little girl by burning her alive. Even on Game of Thrones. I wouldn't worry about that at all.

There's a fair chance Selyse burns Shireen on her own.

I will pull my hair out
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 11:57:20 PM »

This is a good blog post I found about why the Stannis storyline is really dumb: http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/121016611972/no-this-wont-happen-in-the-books

You must be logged in to read this quote.

OH GOD. Next thing I know you're going to be posting theculturalvacuum's unintelligible rants.

Both of these posters are unreasonable book snobs who have this season taken criticism of the show to illogical levels.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:00:50 AM »

I love this one! Something tells me all those vocal covers of the theme song inspired Ramin Djawadi.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 10:41:16 PM »

Well holy sh*t
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 01:08:10 AM »

Wait, so has the TV show caught up with the book?9

Other than a couple of scenes, yes.

Out of curiosity which ones are you thinking of? (I've been spoiled up to AFFC/ADWD and all the TWOW sample chapters)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »

I'm fairly confident the Greyjoys will be back next season, and I think it was the right storytelling choice (however it's hard to praise them for the choice considering how piss-poor Dorne was.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies