Police Brutality Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:11:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Police Brutality Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Police Brutality Megathread  (Read 12546 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2015, 11:12:47 AM »

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for a cop that gets killed. Cops are one of the leading causes of death among young Black and brown men, and I'm supposed to have any sympathy for a pig, someone who's supposed to protect us but instead is a threat to us, who gets killed? I don't think so.

The police where I live are just cash registers for the village council, pulling people over for stupid sh(inks) and making money for the town. But if it happened here, if they mowed somebody down, I'd definitely be out there with a "F*** the Police" sign. I've had enough of these shootings. I've had enough of the killing. The ones who are sworn to protect us have become the ones that are killing and maiming us. How many people have to die before people finally get it?

Someday, when you eventually grow up, you are going to be not only embarrassed, but downright mortified upon rereading this post. In the meantime, you are simply a rebel without a clue.

Pfft, please. I'm a future politician gunning for votes. But in the meantime, f(inks) the police. I hate them for the same reason I hate the people they're supposed to be protecting us from.

i'm sure celebrating the death of cops will win you a slew of votes, Even people with deep resrevations about cops realize that's just an a$$hole thing to believe.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for a cop that gets killed. Cops are one of the leading causes of death among young Black and brown men, and I'm supposed to have any sympathy for a pig, someone who's supposed to protect us but instead is a threat to us, who gets killed? I don't think so.

The police where I live are just cash registers for the village council, pulling people over for stupid sh(inks) and making money for the town. But if it happened here, if they mowed somebody down, I'd definitely be out there with a "F*** the Police" sign. I've had enough of these shootings. I've had enough of the killing. The ones who are sworn to protect us have become the ones that are killing and maiming us. How many people have to die before people finally get it?

Someday, when you eventually grow up, you are going to be not only embarrassed, but downright mortified upon rereading this post. In the meantime, you are simply a rebel without a clue.

Pfft, please. I'm a future politician gunning for votes. But in the meantime, f(inks) the police. I hate them for the same reason I hate the people they're supposed to be protecting us from.

i'm sure celebrating the death of cops will win you a slew of votes, Even people with deep resrevations about cops realize that's just an a$$hole thing to believe.

Sorry, but that's not a position that's going to change. Cops enjoy killing black people and that's socially acceptable according to people like you. I really wish I had the nerve to put a F*** The Police bumper sticker on my car. I have First Amendment rights, and dammit I'm going to use them.

http://www.crimethinc.com/tools/downloads/preview_big/police_big.gif

How many cops do you know WELL? not one i'd guess. Or at most one who is a complete tool and thus colors your life image.

you know what? i'll stop there. your opinion litterally isn't worth the bandwidth to respond.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/10/28/452501995/s-c-sheriff-will-decide-deputy-s-future-with-department

At least he got fired, at last.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2015, 01:44:13 AM »

Sorry, but that's not a position that's going to change. Cops enjoy killing black people and that's socially acceptable according to people like you. I really wish I had the nerve to put a F*** The Police bumper sticker on my car. I have First Amendment rights, and dammit I'm going to use them.

I have police friends in LA,  off. I'm sure black cops want to kill other black people. Huh
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »

Nice dodge!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2015, 07:44:08 AM »

wolverine ffs stop calling them pigs. pigs are smart and friendly and adorable
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »

You've never met a pig have you?  While they are smart, they are no more friendly than any other animal and except when they're babies (and maybe some of the pet breeds), they're never adorable.  In Canada and the US alone, about 40 people a year are killed by pigs.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2015, 07:56:18 AM »

In Canada and the US alone, about 40 people a year are killed by pigs.
i.e. much fewer people than by police officers, even though there are substantially more pigs than police officers. check and mate. :^)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2015, 08:14:16 AM »

I wonder which pigs kill more innocents.  Probably impossible to find out, more so for the animals than the cops.  What was the farmer doing right before mama sow knocked him on his ass and sat on him?  Maybe he knocked over the pig's local ...ahem....Piggly Wiggly, stole a box of cigars and was strolling down the middle of the sty, then attacked the mama sow and tried to sit on her when the mama sow asked him why he was in the middle of the sty?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »

I'm sure if Wolverine is ever arrested he'll be one of the people that will be beaten by the cops for trying to hurt them when if he just were to let himself be arrested nothing were to happen. And I can't wait until that day happens, karma and all.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »

Who prosecuted this case?  DA's R Us?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cop-who-fatally-shot-motorist-in-back-cleared-of-all-charges/ar-BBmPSgz?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=HPCDHP

Horrible.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »

Chicago PD murdered an old lady today.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/ct-chicago-police-shooting-20151226-story.html
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

Look at the picture. She was not an old lady.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »

Look at the picture. She was not an old lady.

Looks like she could definitely be a grandma to me. Either way, she was simply standing in the doorway of another apartment waiting for cops to arrive, next thing you know she's shot in the back. Really don't see how anyone in their right mind could defend that.
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2015, 01:46:00 AM »

Badger is very correct on this matter.  Do you ever look into the big picture or just say things that will get votes from Democrats?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2015, 01:52:22 AM »

Badger is very correct on this matter.  Do you ever look into the big picture or just say things that will get votes from Democrats?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all

So any policeman is aloud to shoot and kill any unarmed citizen and not even get an indictment? This is called a police state. The police is trained to not even take a 0% chance when dealing with citizens...of course there are going to be shootings this needs to be reformed.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »

Not even an indictment for the killing of Tamir Rice. More proof police live above the law, and the prosecutors are in bed with them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2016, 08:33:47 AM »

Charge the old f#$%er with manslaughter.

As I understand it, that is happening.
4 years
and the pic you've been waiting for

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Panda Express

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »

We got 2 big ones recently.

A black man has been shot dead by police in the US state of Minnesota as protests continued over the police killing of a black man in Louisiana.
Philando Castile's girlfriend live-streamed the St Paul incident's aftermath, showing him covered in blood as an officer pointed his gun at him.
He was shot as he reached for his driving licence, she said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36732908

Officials in Baton Rouge moved quickly on Wednesday to quell national outrage at what is the latest in a string of fatal police encounters captured on video — the shooting of Alton Sterling, a 37-year-old black man.

Sterling was shot and killed early Tuesday morning after police responded to a complaint about an armed man threatening people outside a convenience store. Cellphone video showing Sterling on the ground, underneath two officers, when he was killed, began circulating online early Tuesday evening. By the end of the night, the outrage was rippling nationwide.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/06/video-captures-white-baton-rouge-police-officer-fatally-shooting-black-man-sparking-outrage/
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »

The press conference for Alton Sterling's family was incredibly hard to watch.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »

A felon, fighting cops, with a gun on him?  Convicted sex offender (sex with a minor older than 13)?  Behind $25 large in child support?

Not the last two are reasons to end a life, but the first one can get you there.  Yeah, the video is hard core, no doubt.  It's also not all that clear what's going on and I'm not saying he deserved it, but a felon, fighting cops with a gun on him is going to lead to bad places for the felon more often than not.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »

The video of the Minnesota case is really sad, especially when the guy's little daughter tries to comfort her mummy. Sad

Someone who knows about this sort of thing, why don't cops just immediately deploy stun guns or whatever and leave guns for last resort?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

A felon, fighting cops, with a gun on him?  Convicted sex offender (sex with a minor older than 13)?  Behind $25 large in child support?

Not the last two are reasons to end a life, but the first one can get you there.  Yeah, the video is hard core, no doubt.  It's also not all that clear what's going on and I'm not saying he deserved it, but a felon, fighting cops with a gun on him is going to lead to bad places for the felon more often than not.

Nice job making sure everybody knows that Sterling was a scumbag.  That's the main point here, right?  And for highlighting (twice) that he had a gun on him (never mind that it was in his pocket, not his hands), as if to say, "welp *shrug* there was nothing they could do!"
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2016, 11:36:51 AM »

Reach into your pocket to grab your wallet? Get shot for reaching for a gun.
Don't reach for your wallet? Get shot for not complying with police orders. 

Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »

Oh, no not $25K!  You realize the average student debt load is over $28K.  If we gave cops permission to just shoot everyone who owned $25K most of our recent college graduates would be dead.

You also realize the age of consent is 16 in a lot of civilized western Christian first world countries.  By your logic you are totally fine with millions of people in Europe doing what is natural but if a black man in America does it he should be gunned down in the streets.

In Canda...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-s-age-of-consent-raised-by-2-years-1.754941

But we all know what you are really saying is, cops should have free reign to shoot black people for no reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies