Israel-Palestine Conflict (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:30:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Palestine Conflict (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel-Palestine Conflict  (Read 2641 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 13, 2015, 01:41:29 AM »

I don't think it is solvable, at least not without another major war between Israel and its neighbors that forces Israel to consider changing its current course.  I just don't see such a war happening anytime soon.  Egypt, Jordan, and Syria all have bigger worries than preparing for a potential war with the Zionist Crusaders Estreladers. It's not that anyone on any side is happy with the current situation, but no one has any incentive to do anything different than what they are doing now unilaterally, and no side trusts the other enough to try something jointly, even if potentially it would be acceptable to all.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:48:16 AM »

Also, I think it's unlikely Israel will annex the West Bank without extending citizenship to people living there. Obviously some people want it to happen but it's just not politically realistic (from the global point of view) in the modern age.
Israel already has de facto annexed the West Bank, tho I agree they won't annex de jure so they can continue to pay lip service to the two state solution that won't happen in my lifetime.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies