Is Biblical Eschatological Prophecy Fractal By Design?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:30:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Is Biblical Eschatological Prophecy Fractal By Design?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Is Biblical Eschatological Prophecy Fractal By Design?  (Read 2445 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:39 AM »

A fractal is a natural phenomenon based on a math set that Exhibits a repeating pattern at every scale.

Daniel's chapter 11 prophecies definitely seem this way.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:05:05 AM »

Daniel 11 is Maccabean propaganda  dressed up as prophecy. It's wonderfully accurate until the time of the revolt and then utterly inaccurate afterward. I don't consider anything outside the Aramaic portions of Daniel as having genuine prophetic value, and my interpretation of those is not nearly so western-centric as is usual.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:03:57 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 01:38:42 PM by Snowguy716 »

Daniel 11 is Maccabean propaganda  dressed up as prophecy. It's wonderfully accurate until the time of the revolt and then utterly inaccurate afterward. I don't consider anything outside the Aramaic portions of Daniel as having genuine prophetic value, and my interpretation of those is not nearly so western-centric as is usual.
I will have to say false.  The prophecy is written in a way that it gets to the revolt point and the whole thing passes to the next torchbearer.  It describes the two powerful forces within each powerful nation from the time it was written down to present.  The cycle breaks when it moves up to,the global level at the end.  Then Michael rises up.  Because it involves many countries in a contiguous string of time...none of it makes sense unless you read it a bit like a choose your own adventure novel...except every time the incorrect choices start the cycle over by passing the torch to another nation or by the cycle repeating within that nation.

Think of it in terms of Persia (the South) vs Greece (the North).  Here we are today...the culmination of Greece...western centric...making a shaky peace with the south (Iran)...that is doomed to fail.  Because both sides are evil and lie to each other.  And Iran is in consort with Sodom (Saudi Arabia) and Egypt, which wont stand as Egypt and Libya fall to the king of the North.  Iran and Russia represent the big rumors to the east and north that panic the king of the north that leads to the false peace.

Watch this Iran agreement closely!  Thost, for example, indicates Iran had a nuke all along and the peace process was about extracting concessions from Obama under threat of use of said nuke.  In the process we allow Saudi Arabia to obtain nukes too.  Cuz they're on....Israel's side?  Ha.

Jao

Edit: I of course give Iran and Obama the benefit of the doubt.  Daniel isnt a prescription for who not to trust in 2015...but it was written in a confusing way using vague terms because it is meant to apply to more than an 'incorrect' Maccabees prophecy.

If that's what you think...fine.  But to summarily discount it as if you've already figured it out better than Daniel...it reflects on you...not the good book.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 11:47:02 PM »

Daniel 8-12 fit too well as Maccabean propaganda wrapped around the original Aramaic core of Daniel 2-7 to discount that was the reason it was written. Could there be hidden prophecy in the propaganda? Yes, but that could be true of many other writings as well.

Incidentally, in the traditional interpretation, Persia is North, not South, with Egypt being the South.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies