Gay Couple Featured in Hillary's Campaign Video Invites her to their Wedding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:36:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gay Couple Featured in Hillary's Campaign Video Invites her to their Wedding
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Gay Couple Featured in Hillary's Campaign Video Invites her to their Wedding  (Read 2023 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:45:11 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/13/hillary-clinton-video_n_7055324.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton didn't just receive praise and criticism after the launch of her presidential campaign on Sunday -- she also got a wedding invitation.

Jared Milrad and Nate Johnson, a gay couple featured in a video marking the start of her campaign, invited Clinton to their wedding in a tweet on Monday.

According to Time, Milrad and Johnson live in Chicago and have been together since 2008.
In an interview with the Washington Blade, Milrad said the couple was "really excited" to see themselves in Clinton's campaign video.

“To us, this decision demonstrates Secretary Clinton’s commitment to LGBT equality and the type of inclusive leader she would be as president," Milrad said.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:49:34 PM »

Like I said - homosexual marriage is now a privileged class, and the in your face attitude will not end. I said this yesterday and I was called insane for even suggesting it - they're promoting this marriage, in our face, whether we like it or not.  I found the video intimidating, hurtful, and inappropriate.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »

Please take your discriminatory hatred elsewhere. See you next Tuesday.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »

Like I said - homosexual marriage is now a privileged class, and the in your face attitude will not end. I said this yesterday and I was called insane for even suggesting it - they're promoting this marriage, in our face, whether we like it or not.  I found the video intimidating, hurtful, and inappropriate.
The hell are you on about mate? Would you feel better if there was a straight marriage in the video?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »

Like I said - homosexual marriage is now a privileged class, and the in your face attitude will not end. I said this yesterday and I was called insane for even suggesting it - they're promoting this marriage, in our face, whether we like it or not.  I found the video intimidating, hurtful, and inappropriate.
You are aware that you are going to sound to my future children (assuming I have children) the same way that segregationists from the deep south sound to me now.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »

What's next Tuesday? Who do I want to discriminate against? I said I was personally emotionally impacted in a negative way by the video.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »

Just put him on ignore. That's what I've done.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 03:55:09 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 03:56:40 PM by CountryClassSF »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Except I don't recall where I've called for separate schools for gays (Although, some LGBT people have), separate water fountains for gays, separate bathrooms for gays (Although, some LGBT people have).

I believe a state can define marriage regardless of my personal objections.  I don't believe in discrimination in any way.  I harbor zero hatred.

The video took an intimidating attitude in my judgment
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »

She should go. The GOP is on the defensive when it comes to this issue and gay rights in general. It only forces them to ask more uncomfortable questions (from a GE perspective).

As for my fellow Californian with the problem, guys there are two possibilities: he is either a fake troll or a deeply disturbed person. In either case, no amount of text from the rational people here is going to help. 
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »

Like I said - homosexual marriage is now a privileged class, and the in your face attitude will not end. I said this yesterday and I was called insane for even suggesting it - they're promoting this marriage, in our face, whether we like it or not.  I found the video intimidating, hurtful, and inappropriate.
Oh no, the big bad scary HOMOSEXUALS are getting married!! Put it away it's scary!!
/s

Seriously, there is literally no threat caused to straight marriages by gay marriage. Gays lives are still harder, by virtue of being gay, in many parts of the United States. To call them 'the privileged class' is most outrageous. Obviously a candidate prepared to stand for their equality is going to show this kind of thing.

I'm not going to dive into why you may find this video 'intimidating' but I can tell that it makes no sense to feel discriminated against, if that is how you feel.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 04:02:27 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 04:09:13 PM by CountryClassSF »

She should go. The GOP is on the defensive when it comes to this issue and gay rights in general. It only forces them to ask more uncomfortable questions (from a GE perspective).

As for my fellow Californian with the problem, guys there are two possibilities: he is either a fake troll or a deeply disturbed person. In either case, no amount of text from the rational people here is going to help.  

...What is the problem exactly? SSM is two months away from being foisted upon the country. The issue will be settled. Why do you have to continue to politicize it, and put it in our face in this manner?

If gays wanted to be truly equal, they wouldn't seek celebrity status for their nuptials.

Furthermore, If this becomes a campaign  event, my point is further proven that it's being flaunted.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 04:08:49 PM »

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-wedding-movies/all-genre-movies-lists?page=2

But yeah, it's a shame us f--king gays flaunt it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »

No even is more humble and flaunt free than heterosexual couples announcing their wedding.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 04:15:41 PM »

No even is more humble and flaunt free than heterosexual couples announcing their wedding.

There is a difference - homosexual marriages are "bigger news."  Why not just have the so-called equality, and be done with it?
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 04:17:58 PM »

There is a difference - homosexual marriages are "bigger news."  Why not just have the so-called equality, and be done with it?
Maybe because for gays and their families the very idea they could actually now be married is still new to them?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »

Oh please get over yourself. Why do republicans keep 'playing' if gays want true equality they'd do this. I don't want a lecture from the Republican Party about gay rights
CountryClassSF

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 04:23:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Don't know what you mean.  The establishment has been openly rooting for the court to overturn marriage laws for some time now. The GOP's top donors have demanded it.

It's not equality if one type of marriage is promoted over the other, is it?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »

One type of marriage is not promoted over the other.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 04:39:45 PM »

I was going to marry a woman, but then I saw how much homosexual marriage was being promoted and I felt it was only right to marry a man instead.
DS0816
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »

The hell are you on about mate? Would you feel better if there was a straight marriage in the video?

If CountryClassSF is actually gay…he's self-loathing. None of it makes sense. But, then again, CountryClassSF did have a post, months ago, wanting Republicans to steal elections.

The video is very good. And we know that the 2016 Republican presidential candidates won't be doing anything that is also welcoming. Steve Schmidt and Meghan McCain were correct, back in 2009, about the Republican Party … and that party will remain out of touch as they continue to dig themselves out of their hole.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 04:41:43 PM »

Mods can we please ban this idiot? Not only is he a paranoid bigot but he derails every thread he posts in.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:13 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 04:47:49 PM by CountryClassSF »

When did having a different opinion become trolling? I'd say the personal attacks against me above are trolling.

Accusing someone of being self-loathing because they come from a different background, practice a different faith, have different values - all from the folks who want tolerance.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »

Mods can we please ban this idiot? Not only is he a paranoid bigot but he derails every thread he posts in.
DS0816
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 05:03:48 PM »

When did having a different opinion become trolling? I'd say the personal attacks against me above are trolling.

Accusing someone of being self-loathing because they come from a different background, practice a different faith, have different values - all from the folks who want tolerance.

I've taken a look at your posting history, with your first post Jan. 28, 2013, and you are obviously a troll.

I will salute some of your work for its creativity. And for being colorful.

But, as I've told you before, you're not remotely convincing.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »

I've taken a look at your posting history, with your first post Jan. 28, 2013, and you are obviously a troll.

I will salute some of your work for its creativity. And for being colorful.

But, as I've told you before, you're not remotely convincing.

Perhaps the lib bubble is more insulated than we thought.  Absolutely unable to believe that anyone who is gay opposes the LGBT agenda.

Just because we are a small number of people and a minority doesn't mean we don't exist.  And it doesn't mean our opinions are less "valid" because you take umbrage with them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/01/27/meet-the-lgbt-americans-who-oppose-gay-marriage/ 

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies