South: Southern Law Commission Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South: Southern Law Commission Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South: Southern Law Commission Act  (Read 1975 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 18, 2015, 10:24:01 AM »

While I like the idea, I gotta agree with Duke on this one.  One thing I've learned during my time here is that Atlasia committees tend to die once the founder or initial group of members leave.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 06:42:26 AM »

I agree with X that, barring inactivity, dumping the chair is probably an inherently bad idea. How about this as an amendment:

Southern Law Commission Act
1. The Commission on Southern Law and Code (hereafter CSLC) will be established upon passage of this bill. It shall be chaired by a member of the Legislature and staffed by two other citizens of the region. The chair of the CSLC may continue to hold that post upon leaving the Legislature for any reason.

2. The members of the CSLC shall be selected by a quorum in a joint meeting of the Judicial Overlord and the Legislature. Any member of the CSLC may be removed by the same process.

3. The goal of the CSLC shall be to sort the region's statute into a continuous document reflecting structure in the form of code sections and clearly defined section headers.
     a. The deadline for a completed product will be set to six months from the passage of this bill, with possibility for extension based on progress towards the goal.
     b. The completed product shall be posted on the Wiki, linked to at the top of the regional statute page.

In light of that change, this looks good to me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 05:35:57 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies