H.R. 748- Interstate Parental Notification Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:23:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  H.R. 748- Interstate Parental Notification Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support this?
Yes(D)

No(D)

Yes(R)

No(R)

Yes(I)

No(I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: H.R. 748- Interstate Parental Notification Act  (Read 4523 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« on: April 29, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »

No liberal should dare say anything about the constitutionality of this act. You can't justify the power to ban the ownership of assault weapons under the 'interstate commerce' clause (which doesn't exist), while at the same time try to deny the regulation of actual traffic among the states.

But not only do they do just that, they go as far as to call it "VERY" unconstitutional! Hilarious!

I take no position as to whether or not this is constitutional. I only point out the hypocrisy.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 10:42:28 PM »

This law endangers young women. Hopefully it will get overturned.

Can we please ban people who say everything they like is constitutional and everything they don't like isn't?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 10:59:18 PM »

How about this? He can't get an abortion either.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 12:46:20 AM »

This law endangers young women. Hopefully it will get overturned.

Can we please ban people who say everything they like is constitutional and everything they don't like isn't?

pot to kettle: YOU'RE BLACK!

I have repeatedly stated that many things I oppose banning are not constitutional rights. Can't say the same about you.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 06:57:18 PM »

Yet another example of Congress attempting to overstretch the Interstate Commerce Clause. This is almost as ridiculous as the previous federal law prohibiting rape, made on the grounds that rape discourages victims from pursuing interstate commerce. Congress is clearly overstepping its bounds here, as it has done on so many other occasions under this clause.

I completely agree that the 'interstate commerce' clause (power to regulate commerce among the states) has been ridiculously overstretched.

However, recently the Rehnquist Court has begun to overturn the precedent that Congress can regulate anything that remotely affects or has to do with commerce.

In United States v. Lopez, the Supreme Court ruled that Congress has only the power to regulate:
(1) the channels of commerce,
(2) the instrumentalities of commerce, and
(3) action that substantially affects interstate commerce.

This is still too broad, but it's definitely better than the New Deal nonsense we had in place before.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 03:43:21 PM »

Uh, no. I completely agree with "Hitchabrut" on this issue. If my teen got an abortion, I would definitely throw her out on the street.

If I have to take care of the bitch, obviously I have a right to know what she's up to.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 04:44:38 PM »

Uh, no. I completely agree with "Hitchabrut" on this issue. If my teen got an abortion, I would definitely throw her out on the street.

If I have to take care of the bitch, obviously I have a right to know what she's up to.

Good lord man, that is horrendously abusive.

Why should I have to take care of her? You only support 'social freedom' selectively.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies