South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:56:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.  (Read 3380 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2015, 12:27:34 AM »

Flo hasn't the slightest idea what he is talking about on healthcare, from the nature of the federal law to the timeline of its passage. I can understand struggling with it, even the legendarily detailed Emperor Scott (not PiT who was retired by then Roll Eyes) needed assistance and he went and got it. Flo never did the same (my PM box constains nothing of the sort), again "other priorities".

I don't expect Deadprez to be a master of all the minute details, but god bless him for demanding the region finally act to give its people a choice in healthcare providers. Nine months is a disgrace considering that were it not for the loss of Scott so suddenly and tragically, this region would have a choice in healthcare providers and would have blazed the trail for other regions to follow. Instead we have finger pointing, blaming it on Nyman needing to act first (WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! I wrote that section damn it), Emperors were weren't even in office at the time and creating false accusations of hypocrisy on that basis.

Yet we are still left waiting. Where is our name your price tool, flo?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 12:44:51 AM »

1. 29   PiT (The Physicist)   FED   December 2013   April 2014
2. The amendment to the law which basically stops the private insurers from doing their thing was passed in January 2014 Tongue
3. Even if Scott was Emperor when it passed, the point would stand (since he left in August).
4. I also didn't come to you about the healthcare thing, I can speak to other Senators, you know! Grin
5. I never blamed it on Nyman needing to act first, I said I wasn't entirely sure that the region could override the federal government on that front.
6. It is a bit hypocritical when DeadPrez blamed the failure of a system in the South similar to Obamacare on myself only, not mentioning anyone else who held office at the time of passage. Tongue

It hurts me to see you distorting my words, Yankee. That's not something I'm very fond of.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 12:47:56 AM »

You quoted the wrong bill. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 12:52:00 AM »

Look the Ace of Spades, you lose.
June 27, 2014, 09:37:28 am

And what Senators are going to explain to you the god damn bill I wrote with shua as good as shua and myself? Tongue

God I miss Scott. Sad
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 12:53:56 AM »

It is not your fault that Scott got driven off by assholes, Flo. However, you are responsbile for the actions and inactiosn during your term and at some point someone has to actually lead on the issue. Tongue
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:54:23 AM »

I've talked to a Senator about amending the Act so private insurers can still insure people who are willing to pay for their insurance. Whether or not he will introduce it, I have no idea, but I'm not entirely sure it's valid to amend a federal law on a regional level.

The current act does allow that, Governor Flo!

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The federal law clearly states the establishment of health exchanges, where people can actually buy their insurance. Plus, it also states the responsibility of regions to administrate the exchanges. You don't have to override any federal law in order to act.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 12:59:03 AM »

Its actually a joint administration. Tongue

Clause 3 is the whole crux of this debate. All five regions have ANHC monopolies because none of thme have acted since June 27th. A bill as simple as the one that PiT introduced would changed that or as complex as the partially finished one that remained clutched it Scott's cold hands after his departure would work.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 01:02:56 AM »

My point still stands Tongue

I've talked to a Senator about amending the Act so private insurers can still insure people who are willing to pay for their insurance. Whether or not he will introduce it, I have no idea, but I'm not entirely sure it's valid to amend a federal law on a regional level.

The federal law clearly states the establishment of health exchanges, where people can actually buy their insurance. Plus, it also states the responsibility of regions to administrate the exchanges. You don't have to override any federal law in order to act.

Wonderful news! Thank you for pointing that out, JoMCaR! I truly wasn't sure if doing so was constitutional, but I believe Speaker PiT already introduced a bill to the Legislature about this, and I'm sure it'll pass.

It is not your fault that Scott got driven off by assholes, Flo. However, you are responsbile for the actions and inactiosn during your term and at some point someone has to actually lead on the issue. Tongue

I did say I talked to a Senator about this issue, so I don't know why this is considered inaction Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 01:08:27 AM »

No, it doesn't. Tongue You are saying he cannot criticize you for the status quo because predecessors didn't act either. No one is comlaining because you didn't take action in September or November. They are saying you should have acted since January.

Wonderful news! Thank you for pointing that out, JoMCaR! I truly wasn't sure if doing so was constitutional, but I believe Speaker PiT already introduced a bill to the Legislature about this, and I'm sure it'll pass.

I did say I talked to a Senator about this issue, so I don't know why this is considered inaction Tongue

They obviously didnt' point you to the right bill. Tongue That may be action, but it sure as hell aint' effective action. Tongue Did you contact Duke?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 01:17:02 AM »

I talk about this a lot, and I would have certainly been willing to point you where to go to get things done as would shua I'd expect. Yet you bypassed us both no? What about Lumine? What about Duke? What About Superique? I think that speaks to the seriousness of the committment to the issue. If I was a Governor passing a bill on healthcare, I wouldn't go to the armed services committee or Judiciary committe member to get help with federal statute, and at the very least I certainly wouldn't completely avoid the best resources available for assistance.  Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 01:25:53 AM »

Or did you talk to Speaker PiT about his bill that introduced in the legislature? Surely you communicate with the Speaker of the legislature about upcoming legislation, especially one that is somewhat connected to an issue that has come up in your campaign, if not all of them? There were a million roads to get to the information flo, why did it take an eleventh hour revelation in a debate commentary thread? Governors lead and act. I see plenty of following in this thread though. Tongue

How about something that came up entirely whilst you were in office. You say you oppose abortion after the second trimester (I think you said that in the debate)?

Did not the Roe v. Zuwo decision happen whilst you were Emperor, Flo? I believe it was at least two months ago if not more, no? If that is so, then why have you not acted in two months to stop what you seem to consider the murder of viable human life?

I voted to pass MArokai's ban on late term abortions. I am happy to see regions now empowered to act on this issue, but it has created a vacuum in which late-term abortion is legal and yet again no region has acted? If this issue matters, where is the action?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 01:50:01 AM »

What a vicious right-wing smear campaign (under the guise of "commentary", of course) going against the great Governor Flo.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 01:54:55 AM »

What a vicious right-wing smear campaign (under the guise of "commentary", of course) going against the great Governor Flo.

So the Governor has phoned an assist from the Pacific region. Nice. Tongue

Its pretty sad when your only response to cold hard facts is to cry and whine about smears. The only smears going on here were the ones earlier launched against Deaprez for daring to raise lapses in the Governor's unquestionable record. I thought we got rid of the Emperorship, but now it seems the Governor is beyond question. Tongue
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 01:59:57 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2015, 02:09:41 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

So the Governor has phoned an assist from the Pacific region. Nice. Tongue

Its pretty sad when your only response to cold hard facts is to cry and whine about smears. The only smears going on here were the ones earlier launched against Deaprez for daring to raise lapses in the Governor's unquestionable record. I thought we got rid of the Emperorship, but now it seems the Governor is beyond question. Tongue

You can't call paragraphs upon paragraphs of passive aggressive right-wing nonsense "commentary". Call it what it is, a smear. From every person I've talked to in the Pacific, even those ideologically opposed such as Maxwell I've only gotten glowing reviews.

And no, he did not "phone in an assist". I saw this thread and decided to comment as this is rather low. I can't wait for Mr. Didn't Know He Was Defeated For Reelection (aka Deadprez) to be an amazingly active and responsive governor, oh and outrank Flo in that regard as well!

Really though, please, I'm sure that your repeated attempts to slander the good Governor are shining through to the people of the South as what they are: desperate attempts by the failed Federalists of the South to return to power.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 02:05:51 AM »

Well, anyone can comment here, and Yankee has given his commentary, just as you, Turks. That's why it says "Commentary Thread". And even when Governor Flo has very widely praised by his work, not everything is to be praised. And everything is to be mentioned. Like always with anything. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 02:14:02 AM »

Its nonesense when the Governor was forced to admit he was reading the wrong bill?

It is nonsense he cannot answer why he at every turn avoided going to the places that could have steared him to the right bill?

It is nonsense that in four months nothing has changed in regards to that policy?

It is nonsense that a Governor who opposes late term abortion cannot answer why he has failed to to ban it when he has had almost three months to do so?

No, what is nonesense is you coming in this thread and attacking me, my party, Deadprez. I remember when Flo was regarded as a joke by most every party in this game, including is own Progressive Union. I am glad he is more highly regarded now and he has made great strides in the past two years. People grow and improve and learn from their mistakes. Your Party's founder was a highly controversial figure who inherited the Governorship after being in the game mere days and he was treated like dirt that first year.

I have praised flo as well, but that doesn't mean he is god. He makes mistakes and he has to own them just like any other incumbent in this game. When you reach the point, when who you are friends with determins the standards you are held too, then trully how is it any different then what Labor does. Flo has a right to run on his successes, Deadprez has a right to run against his deficiencies and the people of the south deserve an honest campaign hashing out those differences. It doesn't deserve this slandering of legitimate critiques as you have done here Turk.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 02:37:16 AM »

Really though, please, I'm sure that your repeated attempts to slander the good Governor are shining through to the people of the South as what they are: desperate attempts by the failed Federalists of the South to return to power.

I don't recall a Federalist ever losing reelection to the office of Emperor. I do recall our last Emperor being driven off by defamatory jerks who decided to resort to name calling instead of having a legitimate and honest discussion about a disagreement.

You can continue to repeat the lies again and again as many times as you want and pray to god enough people will see them as the truth to get your way. I have seen it over and over again these past two years and it is nothing knew. This futile and counter-productive approach is doomed, regardless of the outcome of this race.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 03:26:35 AM »

"'They were all very tired men,' Cabinet Secretary Sir John Hunt would later recall. '[T]he smell of death was all around'."
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 04:09:31 AM »

Like March 2013. Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 04:21:11 AM »

I'm getting carried away by the streams of consciousness.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 06:46:13 AM »

Wow Yankee. I'm genuinely surprised you'd be the one writing all that.

I'll respond later today, but most of that is a blatant smear campaign.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 07:31:43 AM »

The behavior in this election is really off putting.

I also don't appreciate seeing the legislature dragged through the mud for political expediency.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »

If I may pop in just shortly. Yankee, I have greatest respect of your work in regards to healthcare legislation, including that one mentioned in this debate that enables regions to act. You said yourself - since June, no region has acted upon it. No let us think back - then in June, was there much public action on it? No. The truth is, the people don't really care about one law or the other that the Senate just passed. If this law requires no action at all, fair enough. If it however expects action to be taken by the regions, then, in my opinion, it is imperative to get the regions to know this law and to act. You can put all the blame you want on Flo here, for not enacting this law. But just as much blame must be put on that this law was, until the mention in this dicussion, practically out of the focus of the public. I haven't heard Flo talk about this in February, yes. But neither have I heard DeadPrez, or you for that matter.

Before the obvious answer comes, no, I'm not the guy from the Pacific having been phoned to act here. Just to clarify that shortly.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »

I understand why the opposition is clinging to this healthcare market thing, but Cranberry is right: enacting a healthcare market isn't going to get my cock hard or really increase activity in the south. No region has taken action on it. Further, I left office almost a year ago now, and no mention of this has ever come up until this election, and we had almost a year to talk about it or propose it.

Also, I am getting tired of being compared to DeadPrez. When I first joined Atlasia, yes, I was more controversial, I helped lead the birth of a new movement, but I worked my tail off and was as active as I could be. I wasn't a do-nothing during my first term in office and then was unaware i hadn't been re-elected. None of us can help DeadPrez left a bad first impression on us, but it's pretty unfair to try to say he's just like me starting out. Or Flo for that matter. Flo was always enthusiastic about the game even if people gave him a hard time initially.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »

I could have done more as SoIA to push for action from the regions as well. I decided to prioritize the Pacific Stimulus and other initiatives because, frankly, they were easier to decode. I thought it would be better to line the regions up behind simpler tasks first... and it mostly worked. Once I saw that the model was good, the plan was to try and get something done with the health care exchanges. Unfortunately, right when I was ready to transition to more complex issues, the administration started falling apart and it became an embarrassment to serve. Maybe the health care exchanges were a victim of me not staying in, but I don't regret leaving.

The point is, though, no one actually cares about the response to the health care reform. It was without a doubt an enormous accomplishment, but it's also a little difficult for people to get behind because it takes serious effort to actually understand and figure out. Inaction is a shortfall on the part of many of us here, but I don't think it's worth crucifying anyone over. How many people PMed Flo to urge him to do something about this issue?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies