South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:25:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.  (Read 3387 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »

I've already figured out 2/3 of the puzzle; just need to solve one more riddle.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2015, 08:01:47 PM »

Please send me your theory tomorrow. I need to go to bed and we need to defend our party against our enemies that seem to make plot against us.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »

This is not a game of Dungeons and Dragons, Windjammer. Roll Eyes
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2015, 08:11:41 PM »

I'm really interested in who all is strategically recruiting and relocating voters to the South at the last minute.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Operation_Cottonfield
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2015, 08:11:51 PM »

This is not a game of Dungeons and Dragons, Windjammer. Roll Eyes

Actually, that is exactly what it is, Mr. Former Defender of the Imperial Realm and Knights of Southrondia, and I'm embarrassed for you that you didn't learn that after all this time.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »

Precisely - that's why I above all others get to call out all the goody-two-shoes who pointed it out when I did it as if it was bad and now act like it's OK when their hands are in the cookie jar!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »

Please send me your theory tomorrow. I need to go to bed and we need to defend our party against our enemies that seem to make plot against us.

Not everything that happens is a plot against you/Labor. Maxwell was done with politics already and I think he just wanted to move to his home region.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »

Can somebody please rename this thread as "Profiles in Paranoia"?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2015, 08:22:41 PM by oakvale »

Are we seeing some bizarre incestuous alliance laid bare here? Why would Labor care if a Federalist moved back to the, uh, place he's actually from? They don't have a candidate in this race and I would have assumed they'd be more inclined ideologically to support Flo than his crackpot opponent.

e: PM ME ABOUT OUR ENEMIES COMRADE
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »

Not everything that happens is a plot against you/Labor. Maxwell was done with politics already and I think he just wanted to move to his home region.
That still doesn't explain the 2nd laborite who has been sniped in the NE for less than 3 months.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2015, 08:25:01 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2015, 08:26:32 PM by RGriffin »

Can somebody please rename this thread as "Profiles in Paranoia"?

Shhhh

Are we seeing some bizarre incestuous alliance laid bare here? Why would Labor care if a Federalist moved back to the, uh, place he's actually from? They don't have a candidate in this race and I would have assumed they'd be more inclined ideologically to support Flo than his crackpot opponent.

e: PM ME ABOUT OUR ENEMIES COMRADE

As far as I'm concerned, this has to do with the fact that this is like the 6th time Flo hasn't respected someone's initial choice in registration and instead proceeds to PM and meddle with them within an hour or two of them joining. The Maxwell thing was likely an organic move on his part but if someone was involved with that, then it'd be a case of "steal a Labor registrant and move him out of a Labor region + move a non-Labor voter to a Labor region", so yeah, it matters, and considering how much crap I got for registering new people and moving them to the South, when it comes to people doing the same by sniping new registers - especially when they were so pious when it wasn't them doing it -  I'm going to make a deal about it every single time.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2015, 08:29:04 PM »

That still doesn't explain the 2nd laborite who has been sniped in the NE for less than 3 months.

See, it's all part of our dastardly plan to take over the world, one internet forum at a time.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2015, 08:31:04 PM »

What has happened to my thread? Sad

It wasn't me. No one wants to hear from me anymore.

Thats a lie, I want to hear from you. Tongue
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2015, 08:32:25 PM »

Griff,

yes there is a nefarious registration war going on in the South.  Yes the People are using strategic registration to disadvantage other parties.  And yes, this has been going on for years and years and years by practically everyone and their grandmother and everyone who every was is and or was be are hypocrites for pointing it out while being hes and bees for it just a few months ago when X was running in Y region against S opponent.

You aren't really breaking new ground here, despite what your flowy prose and your Alex Jones paranoia might think you are.

Signed,

Someone who no longer gives a shit and seriously go fuck yourself South for these dirty low down tricks.  Seriously, go suck a monkey's caca and shove it up your arses.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »

You can do better than that, Griffin, we both know it.

In all seriousness, asking voters to move is a pretty common thing, and considering what Labor did to the Mideast the current complaints are hilarious, to say the least.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 09:19:01 PM »

Griff,

yes there is a nefarious registration war going on in the South.  Yes the People are using strategic registration to disadvantage other parties.  And yes, this has been going on for years and years and years by practically everyone and their grandmother and everyone who every was is and or was be are hypocrites for pointing it out while being hes and bees for it just a few months ago when X was running in Y region against S opponent.

You aren't really breaking new ground here, despite what your flowy prose and your Alex Jones paranoia might think you are.

Signed,

Someone who no longer gives a shit and seriously go fuck yourself South for these dirty low down tricks.  Seriously, go suck a monkey's caca and shove it up your arses.

You can do better than that, Griffin, we both know it.

In all seriousness, asking voters to move is a pretty common thing, and considering what Labor did to the Mideast the current complaints are hilarious, to say the least.

Again: the difference is we embrace it, while all of y'all (minus Mechaman) fake unbelievable levels of outrage over it whenever it's not you behind the scenes doing it.

I'm not claiming to be above it: I'm claiming that all of y'all are just as shitty as us, and imploring you to own up to it for once. I mean, that's kind of been a big narrative for me in this game since always...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2015, 10:13:07 PM »

Sanchez wanted to return for months and the date just expired on his restriction a few days ago. Dude was registered in FL from mid 2011 until October of last year and he lives there in real life. I contacted him about two weeks ago and asked if he ever planned to move back to the South and he said he had wanted ot for months but coundn't (move restriction). I didn't even have a clue when the restriction would come off and for all I knew it was months from now when I first contacted him. I then found out and told him, and he can verify this. I will gladly agree to post my PMs to him. There was also no mention of party changing either.

I have always found strategic registration unsavory going back to Tmth's days in 2009 and either not mentioned a region it or selling the benefits of the region in which they live in real life and the opportunities there. Most people go where they live naturally.

The only people who have joined this region that I contacted prior to actually live here. I think the record speaks for itself.

I have a clear conscience about what I have done in this game. The only thing I feel guilty about is not having been able to help people at times when they could have made a difference, last fall being the most recent, and of course recruiting Hamilton (he had like 16 posts at the time, shoot me. Tongue)

Since the question has come up in the debate, I would say the South needs a limit in advance of the elections be it a week like most others, five days, whatever.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »

Sanchez wanted to return for months and the date just expired on his restriction a few days ago. Dude was registered in FL from mid 2011 until October of last year and he lives there in real life. I contacted him about two weeks ago and asked if he ever planned to move back to the South and he said he had wanted ot for months but coundn't (move restriction). I didn't even have a clue when the restriction would come off and for all I knew it was months from now when I first contacted him. I then found out and told him, and he can verify this. I will gladly agree to post my PMs to him. There was also no mention of party changing either.

I have always found strategic registration unsavory going back to Tmth's days in 2009 and either not mentioned a region it or selling the benefits of the region in which they live in real life and the opportunities there. Most people go where they live naturally.

The only people who have joined this region that I contacted prior to actually live here. I think the record speaks for itself.

I have a clear conscience about what I have done in this game. The only thing I feel guilty about is not having been able to help people at times when they could have made a difference, last fall being the most recent, and of course recruiting Hamilton (he had like 16 posts at the time, shoot me. Tongue)

Since the question has come up in the debate, I would say the South needs a limit in advance of the elections be it a week like most others, five days, whatever.

I'd support a bill like that. It's really strange to see that Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2015, 11:12:43 PM »

I'd support a bill like that. It's really strange to see that Tongue

Indeed. There is way too much potential for abuse here.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2015, 01:30:05 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2015, 01:36:20 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

The region change thing kind of derailed his plans to move back sooner, but I'd like to solve the puzzle.

I've been a very silent member since '11, but I reregisterd in the NE only to serve on a jury for Snowstalkers trial. I will register back in the Dirty South when all is said and done. But if the trial is continuing on Election Day, I will cast my vote in the elections.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:11 AM »

That is what he told me and I believe some others as well. Sanchez just got caught up in the flurry of other shannigans going and people jumped to conclusions.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2015, 02:18:27 AM »

That is what he told me and I believe some others as well. Sanchez just got caught up in the flurry of other shannigans going and people jumped to conclusions.

Yeah. I'm also a little confused over why Sanchez would even be involved in TPP's process, considering he's voted for me before and generally has a very positive view of me.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2015, 02:21:29 AM »

The region change thing kind of derailed his plans to move back sooner, but I'd like to solve the puzzle.

I've been a very silent member since '11, but I reregisterd in the NE only to serve on a jury for Snowstalkers trial. I will register back in the Dirty South when all is said and done. But if the trial is continuing on Election Day, I will cast my vote in the elections.

I was hoping you'd rightfully admit to the first piece of the puzzle, though.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2015, 02:37:52 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2015, 02:55:44 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

I was hoping you'd rightfully admit to the first piece of the puzzle, though.

I said yes, he asked about TPP, and I simply explained my piece. So yes, you could certainly say that I had a hand in him switching parties. However, I had no part in telling him to move to the IDS - especially considering I'm more focused on my own region (which you can attest to) and don't consider Flo very threatened.

Don't want war? Don't start shit.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2015, 03:45:01 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2015, 03:48:38 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

Don't want war? Don't start shit.

Don't fucking threaten me or my friends ever again, small fry. You talk a lot of smack and we've been letting you walk back your menstrual threats and explain away your backstabbings of us while we kept our end of bargains for a long time. You want a fucking war? Take the first fucking swipe (for the tenth fucking time) and let's see how much power you got behind all of that flap. I'll tell you what you're not going to do anymore, and that is telling us how to respond or not respond to the bullshit you propagate by threatening us when we do.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies