South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:25:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.  (Read 3410 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2015, 04:01:19 AM »

As much as I am an enemy of Labor, and nobody in recent weeks has done more than me to fight back their policies, I must agree that something has to give here. I wake up to find out about aggressive strategic registration and untruths being spread. I wake up to find out about this attack on the institutions we have built in our region, because we're turrible or something.

Anyone gets to invade but, man, show some scruples. I know what some of y'all have been saying in IRC, and I don't like it. Let me say, Griffin had more scruples when he invaded our region and I led the defense. Griffin is more of a professional. I deal with many people throughout Atlasia, and I know more about some of y'all than I would care to. I am dedicated to stopping Griffin and his party, but I have more respect for him than I do for some others around here.

In short, I was hoping to see a competitive election in this region. Flo is naturally to the left of the region and naturally will not waltz into re-election. So y'all decide to try to kill us off, because TPP regards our party with contempt for some reason. We react, and now we're the villains. I want to unite the right. The failure here is not my fault.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2015, 04:37:47 AM »

I don't even think the sentiment is widespread PiT, but there are some who prefered knocking us out to combating LAbor and even handed the Presidency to the party that tumbled this nation into darkness. TPP could have easily won the Presidency for themselves had they taken a different course and kept their second Senate seat. They had popular potential candidates and a right that would have gladly supported a a deal to keep labor out.

I think even for a party defending its candidate, the rhetoric and attacks have been excessive getting far too personal and far too bitter, when it could have been issue focused. That says a lot as well.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2015, 05:53:43 AM »

Atlasia will never change.

Everytime when an election will occur, people become so stressed or whatever and they all want to start a war with everyone Cheesy.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2015, 07:38:45 AM »

I must say this election has really convinced me not to vote for any of you.  I mean usually I don't vote anyway, but I never thought I'd see the day when the candidates themselves make the strongest arguments why this is in reality a zero sum game.

In short, fuck you I'm out!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2015, 03:22:16 PM »

Ahh, wonders never cease. I was approached a couple months ago about leaving the Northeast, but one or two things about it seemed strange, so I politely declined and forgot about it. So now that makes sense. Of course there had been anti-Labor plots back in the day with some members of the Pro-U, so you can figure out the common denominators there.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2015, 09:46:27 PM »

I must say this election has really convinced me not to vote for any of you.  I mean usually I don't vote anyway, but I never thought I'd see the day when the candidates themselves make the strongest arguments why this is in reality a zero sum game.

In short, fuck you I'm out!

Congrats Atlasia, the smartest man just walked out of the room.

The bottomline is that this game's business model is built on voluntary participation and the more the better. When you have reached the point where anything goes, where any number of tactics are acceptable to win, you risk hurting the very foundation of the game. You can whine about softcocks all you want, but the other factor of pre-RPP Atlasia, other than that the right didn't exist for over a year, was that participation was rather low. You had single digits, in some case 1 vote in some contests (I think one of the Southern elections for Governor was like that).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies