South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:17:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Gubernatorial Debate Commentary Thread.  (Read 3433 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: April 15, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »

If I may pop in just shortly. Yankee, I have greatest respect of your work in regards to healthcare legislation, including that one mentioned in this debate that enables regions to act. You said yourself - since June, no region has acted upon it. No let us think back - then in June, was there much public action on it? No. The truth is, the people don't really care about one law or the other that the Senate just passed. If this law requires no action at all, fair enough. If it however expects action to be taken by the regions, then, in my opinion, it is imperative to get the regions to know this law and to act. You can put all the blame you want on Flo here, for not enacting this law. But just as much blame must be put on that this law was, until the mention in this dicussion, practically out of the focus of the public. I haven't heard Flo talk about this in February, yes. But neither have I heard DeadPrez, or you for that matter.

Before the obvious answer comes, no, I'm not the guy from the Pacific having been phoned to act here. Just to clarify that shortly.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »

If I may pop in just shortly. Yankee, I have greatest respect of your work in regards to healthcare legislation, including that one mentioned in this debate that enables regions to act. You said yourself - since June, no region has acted upon it. No let us think back - then in June, was there much public action on it? No. The truth is, the people don't really care about one law or the other that the Senate just passed. If this law requires no action at all, fair enough. If it however expects action to be taken by the regions, then, in my opinion, it is imperative to get the regions to know this law and to act. You can put all the blame you want on Flo here, for not enacting this law. But just as much blame must be put on that this law was, until the mention in this dicussion, practically out of the focus of the public. I haven't heard Flo talk about this in February, yes. But neither have I heard DeadPrez, or you for that matter.

Before the obvious answer comes, no, I'm not the guy from the Pacific having been phoned to act here. Just to clarify that shortly.

I actually have brought it up on many occassions and there was public discussion of sorts last summer but the only executive to take an interest was Scott.

Last summer. Flo became Governor in what, January? I have not heard you or anyone else mention that topic since then.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 01:01:08 PM »

First off, I want to see the regions fully implement their end of the healthcare bill so that the economy and healthcare sectors in particular can see the full benefits. This was the product of a solid colloboration of members of three different Parties and though it is not perfect, I would like to see it brought to fully implementation before we hit the one year mark of the bill's passage (which would coincide with the ending of this term that I am seeking).

Wrong again. Tongue

You know that no one reads speeches that are that long. I don't Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies