Prog Caucus: Emergency Meeting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:16:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Prog Caucus: Emergency Meeting
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prog Caucus: Emergency Meeting  (Read 769 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:49:51 PM »

Emergency meeting of the General Membership

After speaking with members of the Caucus, I have decided that it is in the best interests of the Progressive Caucus to hold a vote on the expulsion of Jake and Cosmo Kramer from the Caucus on a charge of engaging in acts of sedition, bringing harm to the well-being of the Republic and engaging in behaviour unbecoming of an Atlasian in electoral procedures.

The facts here are not in dispute:

Both Cosmo Kramer and Jake actively aided and abetted States' attempt to subvert the Constitution, especially Jake who essentially issued a call to arms. Their actions brought the Republic itself to the brink of Civil War - their acts were clearly seditious and the Republic itself has possibly been harmed by their acts.

In voting on the ratification of the new Constitution, both Jake and Cosmo Kramer deleted their original "Aye" vote and replaced it with a "Nay" vote. This action is unbecoming of an Atlasian, and the hypocrisy is even worse coming from Jake because as administrator of the vote he had posted that votes could not be editted or they would be thrown out. Their actions in this case were unbecoming a Citizen of our Republic.

I will call for a few days discussion on this matter, and then I will call a three day vote on the matter in the Voting booth. It should be noted from the outset that a 2/3 majority is necessary to expel a member of the Caucus.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 06:58:33 PM »

Don't waste your time assclown, I quit
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 06:59:39 PM »

Thanks.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 07:10:09 PM »

I do not have any personal animosity at all for Jake. However, I find it difficult to condone outright deception, as revealed above. The sheer hypocrisy involved is staggering.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 08:25:23 PM »

I support this. He obviously goes against what we stand for. The positions held are certainly not progressive. I don't mind people who don't see eye to eye with us, but Preston really stretches the limit here.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 03:50:45 AM »

Good.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 10:34:30 AM »

I have offered my apologies on the situation in a below thread.  I think that we can be united in economic progressivism.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 05:05:06 PM »

I have offered my apologies on the situation in a below thread.  I think that we can be united in economic progressivism.

But we by definition focus on social issues.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 05:17:05 PM »

I do not think we should kick out Kramer.

If we are kicking him out for not being Progressive enough thats a bunch of rubbish. So he disagrees on this caucus one or two issues.

I do too and I'd wager that there are few people that agree with all aspects of the platform.

As for Kramer changing his vote I have a few questions:

Are there set guidelines against this?

If not isn't it important for this blatant loop hole to manifest it self now instead of when the vote on whether to elect someone or to pass some legislation hinges on a single vote?

If these are answered in the proper way I might change my vote but at the moment I am very much against this.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 08:25:56 AM »

Well, let's get this to a vote.  Let's see if you can conjure up the votes to get me out of your caucus, Bell.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 09:49:53 AM »

I can understand why certain people want to kick Preston out of the caucus, but at the same time kicking him out would only make things worse; polarising the whole thing right now probably isn't a good idea.
A civil war is never a good thing.

There was a very good case for kicking out Jake (although I would have abstained on the vote) but unless it can be established that Preston is conspiring to engineer a civil war (and anyone, and I mean anyone, doing that should be kicked out) I would be extremely unlikely to vote to expel him from the caucus.

What we need now is to all calm down a little bit.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies