Clinton supports constitutional amendment against money in politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:15:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton supports constitutional amendment against money in politics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Clinton supports constitutional amendment against money in politics  (Read 1840 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2015, 03:09:36 AM »
« edited: April 15, 2015, 03:21:38 AM by Mr. Morden »

link

What a far right DINO!
Replicator
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 03:15:23 AM »

so hypocritical like the sweetheart deal she got on her home.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:36 AM »

The gal who's planning a $2.5 billion record-smashing campaign? You can smell, taste, hear, and feel the hypocrisy from miles away.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 03:22:44 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure that she's going to be leading by example on this one everyone, but she's going to have to do what the modern political fundraising landscape requires her to do to win.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 03:26:03 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2015, 03:29:19 AM by CountryClassSF »

Yeah, I'm not sure that she's going to be leading by example on this one everyone, but she's going to have to do what the modern political fundraising landscape requires her to do to win.

Translated: It's okay to go against our supposedly deeply held principles, because Democrat.  Koch's still evil, Soros and Steyer OK. No, you don't get to do that. Koch doesn't give nearly as much as the other two. You can't demonize one and lionize the other.

If Citizens United were overturned, Democrats would suffer, as they receive the majority of funding from Big Environment

Actually just to expand on this, I think the RINO establishment would suffer too. They've often had to spend big money to defeat Tea Party.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:39:33 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2015, 03:43:15 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

It's all rhetoric just like you're whole "I'm offended by teh gays!" schtick. I hate Soros, Steyer, Kochs et al. and I think it's dirty to go against your word, plus I never said what she's doing is alright "because Democrat". I said that she's going to do exactly what she has to do to win which is exactly the type of politician that Hillary is.

I can't believe I'm still responding to CountryClassSF even after I put him on ignore! I need to stop reading his posts.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 04:14:28 AM »

Hopefully she makes campaign finance reform a big issue. It's unfortunate she needs to raise a ton of money to get to that point though.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:58 AM »

I'm sure our Republican posters would just love to see Clinton unilaterally disarm.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 06:02:18 AM »

This is not hypocrisy at all.

She is just playing by the current rules like anybody would do. It is totally legitimate to play by the current rules, yet believing that those rules should be changed. It is exactly what I would do. It is exactly what anybody with any sense would do.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 06:43:32 AM »

"Dirty money" was invented by the Koch Brothers, it keeps the Dems from competeting in the House of Representatives. And by that, the workers in this country never will get a real wage increase.  Eventually, they will get a minimum wage bill through, but a liveable wage that Walker didn't support, as he took their money to beat Burke who was going to increase her state's minimum wage. The frontrunner for the GOP.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 06:52:23 AM »

She is just playing by the current rules like anybody would do. It is totally legitimate to play by the current rules, yet believing that those rules should be changed. It is exactly what I would do. It is exactly what anybody with any sense would do.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 07:11:50 AM »

Also, she supports Mainstreet, not Wallstreet ideas, like union collective barginning when it comes to teachers, minimum wage, and healthcare for all

It is the GOP who takes Wallstreet money and doesn't invest it back to the community but give it back to Wallstreet in capital gains tax cuts.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 08:18:51 AM »

You think! Who takes $300,000 a pop for a speech? Brings new meaning to speech & it ain't free! Hillary saying she wants to ban donations is like the fox saying to the dog, I'm going to eat this, but when I'm finished, none for you. Talk about insufferable hypocrisy!
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 08:43:11 AM »

What is ironic about it?  She is a Democrat.  This is the Democratic party position on this issue and its actually in the interest of Democrats to limit the political power of the ultra-rich.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 10:04:17 AM »

Yes, this. She's been in bed with special interests for years, so this is clearly a "I'm one of you middle class folk" move.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »

Yes, this. She's been in bed with special interests for years, so this is clearly a "I'm one of you middle class folk" move.

She voted for McCain-Feingold. Don't be a dumb.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 10:47:56 AM »

She voted for McCain-Feingold. Don't be a dumb.

Exactly.  This is the moderate hero fallacy.  Republicans have gone off the deep end and oppose all campaign finance regulation.  Democrats have not.  There used to be independent, principled Republicans who saw the danger of money in politics, but now even John McCain has shut up about it.  Democrats still support campaign finance reform and generally understand that our current system is legalized corruption.

Now, are all Democrats squeaky clean and not corrupt?  Not by a long shot.  Do Democrats shill for their states' big industries?  Yes.  Do Democrats get too influenced by money and power games in Washington?  Yes.   Do Democrats also engage in the same sort of transactional politics for different special interests?  Yes, but at least Democrats shill for unions, lawyers and environmentalist groups, instead of Exxon-Mobil, Goldman-Sachs, religious fundamentalists and the Koch Brothers. 

If you care about reforming our political system and solving the systemic corruption in Washington, step one is reversing Citizens United and that means electing Hillary Clinton.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »

I'm sure our Republican posters would just love to see Clinton unilaterally disarm.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »

Clinton's communications director, Jennifer Palmieri, explains:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-campaign-wont-unilaterally-disarm-on-fundraising
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »

Hillary needs all the money she can get to destroy the Republicans in 2016 and THEN we can go about repealing Citizens United and essentially cutting off the Koch GOP lifeblood.  How can she be expected to "lead by example" if doing so would effectively destroy her ability to be a leader in the first place? 

What dumbs you GOPers are being!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 11:41:51 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2015, 11:50:50 AM by CountryClassSF »

Hillary needs all the money she can get to destroy the Republicans in 2016 and THEN we can go about repealing Citizens United and essentially cutting off the Koch GOP lifeblood.  How can she be expected to "lead by example" if doing so would effectively destroy her ability to be a leader in the first place?  

You don't get to demonize Koch while Steyer and Soros top the list of large donors.  It's not OK for one and not OK for the other. The Democrat Party has benefited from the CU ruling significantly more than the Republicans.
bobloblaw
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 11:47:45 AM »

Hillary needs all the money she can get to destroy the Republicans in 2016 and THEN we can go about repealing Citizens United and essentially cutting off the Koch GOP lifeblood.  How can she be expected to "lead by example" if doing so would effectively destroy her ability to be a leader in the first place? 

If Hillray destroys the GOP , obviously the Kochs and the big GOP money arent relevant in determining the outcome of the election. duh!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 11:50:32 AM »

If Hillray destroys the GOP , obviously the Kochs and the big GOP money arent relevant in determining the outcome of the election. duh!

Totally, must have had a brain fart! lol
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 11:53:33 AM »

It amazes me how some of the wealthiest politicians like Warren and Clinton, take positions like this LOL

Elizabeth Warren was a Law Professor (albeit one at Harvard) and was born into poverty in Oklahoma.  I have no idea where you get the idea that she is wealthy.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »

FDR was wealthy. I don't care if it's Bill Gates, if he/she is taking the positions I favor, then I'm going to be for that. My bigger concern is that if it takes a constitutional amendment, it would only happen if a significant number of Republicans agree that it's needed. Perhaps if we remember that it'd also restrict the donations of Democratic billionaires like George Soros?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies