RIP UPDATE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:58:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  RIP UPDATE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RIP UPDATE  (Read 4189 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »

Please see our announcement on the Atlas board.

Going forward, any and all discussion about the personal life of BushOklahoma is banned from the forum.

My condolences to Executive Producer Eraserhead. Update had an impressive run.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 07:31:51 AM »

Sad

At least it went out with a bang, I guess.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:57:18 AM »

Does this mean we're not allowed to discuss past seasons (i.e. my season reviews)? And please don't delete the threads!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 09:02:24 AM »

It's time to guillotine some mods.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 09:23:17 AM »

Does this mean we're not allowed to discuss past seasons (i.e. my season reviews)? And please don't delete the threads!!

The statement reads that Bushie's private life is not to be discussed anywhere on the Forum. It is up to the Mods of each Board to enforce this new term of use as they see fit in their best judgment. It is up to the Forum Community Mods to decide what to do about the existing and now locked Update threads. I would see no reason why they would choose to delete them unless they became fuel for violations of said new term of use, so discussing their contents as it pertains to Bushie's private life, might imperil their continued existence. That is how I read the tea leaves anyway.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »

the correct decision.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 02:25:35 PM »

Going with what Torie said, I think it'd be okay for a single thread (like that one Xahar made) for discussing the "artistic merit" of anything from the Update that is already on the forum but there will be a zero-tolerance policy for anything pertaining to new information, no matter how innocuous
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 07:32:15 AM »

So I guess this means there will never be a second game of Update-opoly.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 08:05:36 AM »

Who won the first one anyway?
RR1997
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »

Good riddance

Discussing the personal life of a forum member in such great detail is never a good thing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 08:28:07 AM »

Who won the first one anyway?

That famed Update super-fan….Oakvale:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=202777.msg4467434#msg4467434

He has, perhaps, 7-10 years in which to bask in the glory of being the only Update-opoly champion in history.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 08:56:00 AM »

The Onion with one final homage the day after the big announcement:

http://www.theonion.com/sponsored/complete-idiot-forgot-to-shave-area-between-mouth,240/
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 09:01:55 AM »

I was wondering if anyone informed Our Dear Friend, but it appears that's not necessary.

Display name:  Oklahoma City: 20 years later
Username:  BushOklahoma
Last Active:  Today at 09:58:47 am

I feel sorry for his FB friends who will be hit with even more lies than normal.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 09:21:23 AM »

I'm going to forever miss the Update. I know the haters will hate, but it kept this place going for a long time. Without it, I am sure you will see less and less of a good number of posters around here.

I remember the luls here when Bushie took breaks. I can't imagine what it will be like now that it's permanent.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »

I'm going to forever miss the Update. I know the haters will hate, but it kept this place going for a long time. Without it, I am sure you will see less and less of a good number of posters around here.

I remember the luls here when Bushie took breaks. I can't imagine what it will be like now that it's permanent.

I'll predict that Bushie will not be able to handle Update's permanent cancellation, and will in fact take it to another network (somewhere other than the Atlas forum).  Nothing to stop you or others from following him there, wherever that might be.  (OK, unless it's politicalforum.com.)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »

I was wondering if anyone informed Our Dear Friend, but it appears that's not necessary.

Display name:  Oklahoma City: 20 years later
Username:  BushOklahoma
Last Active:  Today at 09:58:47 am

I feel sorry for his FB friends who will be hit with even more lies than normal.

I've been in contact with him as well. He's fully aware of everything that's happened.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »

You're still friends with him on Facebook at least. You can continue to follow the story there.

It'll be interesting to see if he tries to start a blog again too. That was quite the epic fail last time though.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »

You're still friends with him on Facebook at least. You can continue to follow the story there.

It'll be interesting to see if he tries to start a blog again too. That was quite the epic fail last time though.

It doesn't look like he'll have a choice this time, unless they let him start new seasons on political forum.

I can still follow the story for now. I hope I'm not purged anytime soon, I've been good about keeping my mouth shut.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »

Let me break my 11-day hiatus and say that I welcome the closure of the Update.  I've secretly longed for this for the past year or more, but felt powerless to stop it especially when Inks gave Eraserhead the control of the threads.  It will be a whole lot better for everyone, including myself.  I promise to abide by the new rules.  If you guys will keep me around, I will stick to politics and sports.  My analysis on either may not be all that great, but I am getting excited about the 2016 race especially with people starting to announce.  I may not be as active as I was before the hiatus as I do have another forum that I'm thriving in.  I won't speak at all to the recent invasion.

Oh, and Duke, my friend, don't worry, you're safe on my Facebook.  You're not going anywhere.

With that said, I effectively end my hiatus early, but from here, I will remain active on the political boards and the off-topic board primarily and will rarely, if ever, post on the Forum Community board.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 04:12:04 PM »

Let me break my 11-day hiatus and say that I welcome the closure of the Update.  I've secretly longed for this for the past year or more, but felt powerless to stop it especially when Inks gave Eraserhead the control of the threads.  It will be a whole lot better for everyone, including myself.  I promise to abide by the new rules.  If you guys will keep me around, I will stick to politics and sports.  My analysis on either may not be all that great, but I am getting excited about the 2016 race especially with people starting to announce.  I may not be as active as I was before the hiatus as I do have another forum that I'm thriving in.  I won't speak at all to the recent invasion.

Oh, and Duke, my friend, don't worry, you're safe on my Facebook.  You're not going anywhere.

With that said, I effectively end my hiatus early, but from here, I will remain active on the political boards and the off-topic board primarily and will rarely, if ever, post on the Forum Community board.

This is the best outcome for everyone involved.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 04:13:50 PM »

Can we be Facebook friends again if discussion of your personal life is now banned? 
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 05:14:27 PM »

Bushie is back?

RIP Bushie.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »

I'm comforted to know that I'm safe from being cut from Bushie's Facebook. I won't let you down, friend!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 08:51:39 PM »

I've secretly longed for this for the past year or more, but felt powerless to stop it.
Roll Eyes
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »

I do hope Bushie re-friends on facebook the people he violently purged now that Update is over forever.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies