Inappropriate content on the forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:03:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Inappropriate content on the forum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Inappropriate content on the forum  (Read 4919 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 09:10:21 AM »

I still think that most of these parts of the Atlas should only be visible after logging in (and, say, after having made a certain number of posts).

You mean strangers can't see the naughty bit, Tik?  What fun is that?

I don't need to feel satisfied by having strangers watch, personally. But I don't judge!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 09:13:55 AM »

By the way, I like thinking of the topic title literally. Can't we turn this thread's content into that which is inappropriate on the forum?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 09:40:51 AM »

Be real. There is no way a school is going to search through the forum of an elections data site, and then specifically blacklist it because of sexual discussion.

In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually consider that a likely possibility. It seems far more likely that this sort of discussion makes you uncomfortable or otherwise irritates you, and you created this thread to spark an argument about it. If that's your intent, you should just be upfront.

Dave Leip has in fact complained about this very thing in the past. However, yes, there is another motive, which is that reading valued poster SunriseAroundThe World ranking sexual threesomes by type while typing with one hand is both disgusting and completely orthogonal to the purpose of this forum. It is just as repulsive when teenaged boys post "Hot or Not" threads to assert their heterosexuality as it is when homosexuals use this site to trawl for sex.

If you are looking for material to which you can masturbate, you have the entire rest of the Internet. Keep it there.

I didn't make the thread, I am just contributing to it. I am very impressionable Tongue

Yes, and I didn't report your post because it's no more inappropriate than the rest of the thread, with its "hehehehehe two chicks at the same time amirite guys" attitude.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 11:25:42 AM »

Seriously, I am no prude but to be blunt I don't log on to Atlas forum to satisfy either my sexual needs or my "needs" to talk about sexual issues. Why do so many of you feel the need to use this forum to ogle at hot women together? Do it on your own on google or gather your friends in the basement if you enjoy masturbation as a collective enterprise (apparently lots of you do :/ )
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »

Seriously, I am no prude but to be blunt I don't log on to Atlas forum to satisfy either my sexual needs or my "needs" to talk about sexual issues. Why do so many of you feel the need to use this forum to ogle at hot women together? Do it on your own on google or gather your friends in the basement if you enjoy masturbation as a collective enterprise (apparently lots of you do :/ )

We DID get rid of the Hot Wymynz thread in Off-Topic.

I dunno, Gustaf.  Probably for the same reason that a group of dudes hanging out tends to spend some of that time talking about vaginas.  It's inate.  No need for anyone to get pissy about it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »

I dunno, Gustaf.  Probably for the same reason that a group of dudes hanging out tends to spend some of that time talking about vaginas.  It's inate.  No need for anyone to get pissy about it.

Me and my male friends don't usually "talk about vaginas" when we hang out. I honestly don't quite get the appeal of the type of conversation some of you seem dying to have.

But, again, I don't mind other people doing that. But this isn't your buddy's basement either. So maybe take it elsewhere?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »

Me and my male friends don't usually "talk about vaginas" when we hang out. I honestly don't quite get the appeal of the type of conversation some of you seem dying to have.

But, again, I don't mind other people doing that. But this isn't your buddy's basement either. So maybe take it elsewhere?

This forum is closest you can get to your buddy's basement on the web, Staf. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 11:58:58 AM »

Just make the Off Topic and Forum Community sub-forums private to anyone who hasn't registered an account. Problem solved.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »

Just make the Off Topic and Forum Community sub-forums private to anyone who hasn't registered an account. Problem solved.

No no no.  That's too simple.  Can't leave the Prude Brood with nothing to bitch about.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 12:12:25 PM »

This forum is closest you can get to your buddy's basement on the web, Staf. 

That is untrue on so many levels Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 01:14:17 PM »

I still think that most of these parts of the Atlas should only be visible after logging in (and, say, after having made a certain number of posts).

I very strongly agree with this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »

Indeed. The whole problem solved.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »

Yeah, that's actually a very good idea.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2015, 01:33:27 PM by Badger »

Yeah, that's actually a very good idea.
I'm not opposed to that.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »

Jesus Sanchez...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »

It was more of a Inside Llewellyn Davis reference than it was an attempt at irony.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 02:11:38 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2015, 02:28:20 PM by Snowguy716 »

Sanchez isn't the one with a deep seeded homophobia.  He's up front about his beliefs...he doesn't hide behind Dave to enforce rules over what he personally dislikes.

This is prudism with insidious, unclear reasoning.  There is an agenda, unlike, say, Tony's innocent prudishness.  It was at first about threesome styles, then 'homosexuals' (like using the term Moslem/Musselman or Negro...due to the contempt it is said with just by it being the word he used) trawling for sex.  Now it's two girls kissing.  What comes next?  

As someone with teh gheyitis I know a thing or two about fearing or envying those not like you and scorning everyone who is like you for having the audacity to be comfortable with who they are (and more importantly at times, who they aren't)

The further we fall from Xahar's narrowing yet ever broadening definition of what he hates...well, I don't know what to think about that.  But I don't like it.

Be careful Xahar or every baseball stat you consume will begin to look like a kissing lesbian couple engaging in threesomes with all kinds if characters.  And you wont even be able to enjoy sports stats anymore.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »

Sanchez isn't the one with a deep seeded homophobia.  He's up front about his beliefs...he doesn't hide behind Dave to hate.  

The truth weasels out!

It's tolerable for the time being...as long as we don't ever talk about it or offend you with its presence.

What I have a feeling he hates:

No offense, but I am confused by this post: are you saying I am a bigot or not? You start out by defending me and then seem to do a total 180. Forgive me if I am misreading your post.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »

Sanchez isn't the one with a deep seeded homophobia.  He's up front about his beliefs...he doesn't hide behind Dave to hate. 

The truth weasels out!

It's tolerable for the time being...as long as we don't ever talk about it or offend you with its presence.

What I have a feeling he hates:

No offense, but I am confused by this post: are you saying I am a bigot or not? You start out by defending me and then seem to do a total 180. Forgive me if I am misreading your post.

I completely rewrote the post.  I meant to point out that Simfan shouldn't focus on you, who people might accuse of being racist/homophobic/etc.  but you've been up front about it.  Unlike the creator of this thread.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 02:30:16 PM »

...what possible grounds are there for calling Xahar a homophobe? Huh
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 03:05:43 PM »

I don't know, but Islamophobia from Snowguy716, on the other hand...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 10:25:49 PM »

I'm as anti-prudery as they come, but even I can't figure out what the Inks Snowy is rambling about. I also don't know why Xaxar is so uncomfortable with sex.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 11:13:31 PM »

I must say I'm rather surprised by the reaction here on Forum. We have a religious person trying to impose its beliefs on us, using a rather flimsy derivative of "think of the children!". Usually, such demand would be mocked and rejected as being "another social conservative forcing his values on us". Apparently, people are afraid to say the trust when it's a non-Christian.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »

I don't know, but Islamophobia from Snowguy716, on the other hand...
Oh simfan...as dimwitted as always.

If Xahar is Islam and his weird, somewhat alarming hangups about sex sacrosanct to the point that we must all change for him...then you got me.

Xahar is being homophobic here.  I wouldnt expect oakvale to understand that.  Or you Simfan.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »

I must say I'm rather surprised by the reaction here on Forum. We have a religious person trying to impose its beliefs on us, using a rather flimsy derivative of "think of the children!". Usually, such demand would be mocked and rejected as being "another social conservative forcing his values on us". Apparently, people are afraid to say the truth when it's a non-Christian.

Said far better than I could.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies