Inappropriate content on the forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:06:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Inappropriate content on the forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Inappropriate content on the forum  (Read 4921 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2015, 08:52:24 PM »

This is mostly confined to a few problem posters, but it seems more prevalent than ever now. You people know what I'm referring to, and if you don't, there's a problem. Remember that this is an educational site, and any content that might get the site blocked by a middle school is obviously unacceptable.

In other words, before you post, think about what you post is appropriate. If what you are posting is a "Hot or Not" thread, the answer is no, and in addition to being inappropriate it's creepy and gross besides.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 08:58:19 PM »

Oh, shut up.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:30:11 PM »

Those kinds of threads will be all over the place with Update gone. Get ready for the deluge.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:34:25 PM »

Be real. There is no way a school is going to search through the forum of an elections data site, and then specifically blacklist it because of sexual discussion.

In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually consider that a likely possibility. It seems far more likely that this sort of discussion makes you uncomfortable or otherwise irritates you, and you created this thread to spark an argument about it. If that's your intent, you should just be upfront.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 10:58:35 PM »

I agree completely, Xahar. Something must be done before things get to the point where Dave has to shut the forum down. No one wants that. Guys, behave yourselves!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:48 PM »

Be real. There is no way a school is going to search through the forum of an elections data site, and then specifically blacklist it because of sexual discussion.

In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually consider that a likely possibility. It seems far more likely that this sort of discussion makes you uncomfortable or otherwise irritates you, and you created this thread to spark an argument about it. If that's your intent, you should just be upfront.

Indeed Xahar.  You need to be up front about it.  And you know what I mean.  And if you don't, then there is a problem. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 11:58:33 PM »

Those kinds of threads will be all over the place with Update gone. Get ready for the deluge.

Yep. The great stabilizer is gone, so anything can happen now.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 12:06:09 AM »

Jetzt haben wir die Warnung von dem Eisspeer!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 12:07:25 AM »

Dave Leip has in fact complained about this very thing in the past. However, yes, there is another motive, which is that reading valued poster SunriseAroundThe World ranking sexual threesomes by type while typing with one hand is both disgusting and completely orthogonal to the purpose of this forum. It is just as repulsive when teenaged boys post "Hot or Not" threads to assert their heterosexuality as it is when homosexuals use this site to trawl for sex.

If you are looking for material to which you can masturbate, you have the entire rest of the Internet. Keep it there.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 12:12:30 AM »

Dave Leip has in fact complained about this very thing in the past. However, yes, there is another motive, which is that reading valued poster SunriseAroundThe World ranking sexual threesomes by type while typing with one hand is both disgusting and completely orthogonal to the purpose of this forum. It is just as repulsive when teenaged boys post "Hot or Not" threads to assert their heterosexuality as it is when homosexuals use this site to trawl for sex.

If you are looking for material to which you can masturbate, you have the entire rest of the Internet. Keep it there.
So you don't like boastful straight people or homosexuals at all.  There is an ignore feature you can use.  Which you apparently haven't.  So instead you appeal to Dave's authority to give strength to your interpretation of the rules.

Maybe sunrise went too far...then report the thread.  The rest is subjective.  And you're still not being up front about it even though the truth weasels out with each response.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 12:35:43 AM »

Dave has complained about this sort of thing in the past, yes.  (Remember that he summarily deleted the "hot girls" and "hot guys" threads.)

However, whenever either myself or another mod has asked him for more specific guidance about where to draw the line, he hasn't answered us.  So it's pretty much been up to the discretion of the FC and OT mods to come up with their own standards (since those two boards are where most of the questionable stuff is posted).
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 12:45:40 AM »

I'll have to trust Dave on this one.  In Dave Leip we trust? (Christians don't worry... Dave's name literally means Root of David...Tongue)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 01:08:57 AM »

Remember when people were complaining about Update taking up too much space in the FC board? At least those threads were about real issues. People have no idea how awful this board is going to become post-Update.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 01:37:29 AM »

Remember when people were complaining about Update taking up too much space in the FC board? At least those threads were about real issues. People have no idea how awful this board is going to become post-Update.

[Update Executive Producer Eraserhead is led out into the courtyard by Atlas forum moderators, where he will soon be burned at the stake.]

Dave: Eraserhead, you have been called the King of Forum Community.  The Atlas forum only has one king.  Bend the knee.  I promise you mercy.

Kneel and live.

thanks,
Dave

Eraserhead: This was my home for many years.  I wish you good fortune, in the flame wars to come.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 05:52:25 AM »

Can you be even more cliche, Xahar?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 05:56:18 AM »

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 06:43:16 AM »

[Update Executive Producer Eraserhead is led out into the courtyard by Atlas forum moderators, where he will soon be burned at the stake.]

Dave: Eraserhead, you have been called the King of Forum Community.  The Atlas forum only has one king.  Bend the knee.  I promise you mercy.

Kneel and live.

thanks,
Dave

Eraserhead: This was my home for many years.  I wish you good fortune, in the flame wars to come.

Who will be the Jon Snow in this situation?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 06:53:23 AM »

Why the Update involving the private life of one person was about "real issues" and one's indoor recreation activities is not about "real issues" escapes me. Yes, they are both off topic. Up to a point, within the bounds of propriety (which obviously from this rather surprising thread (at least to me, but then some might consider me rather "twisted" Tongue), can be the subject of debate), and what is good for the Forum Community and its participants, isn't that what the FC Board is all about?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:34 AM »

Dave has complained about this sort of thing in the past, yes.  (Remember that he summarily deleted the "hot girls" and "hot guys" threads.)

Perhaps if those threads had a more benign name.......such as Who Is In  Tender Branson's Basement (for the hot girls thread) and Torie's Wish List (for the hot guys) he wouldn't have noticed.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 08:14:36 AM »

A thread was named "Torie's Wish List?" Really?   And just why is that not a "benign" title btw? Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »

A thread was named "Torie's Wish List?" Really?   And just why is that not a "benign" title btw? Smiley

Read more carefully.  We should have named the Hot Guys thread "Torie's Wish List".........Leips wouldn't give it a second thought. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »

Read more carefully.  We should have named the Hot Guys thread "Torie's Wish List".........Leips wouldn't give it a second thought. 

Got it. Need another cup of coffee. Smiley
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 08:27:42 AM »

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »

I still think that most of these parts of the Atlas should only be visible after logging in (and, say, after having made a certain number of posts).

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »

I still think that most of these parts of the Atlas should only be visible after logging in (and, say, after having made a certain number of posts).

You mean strangers can't see the naughty bit, Tik?  What fun is that?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies