Inappropriate content on the forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:36:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Inappropriate content on the forum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Inappropriate content on the forum  (Read 4947 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2015, 02:40:57 AM »

Yes, Snowguy, my observation that this forum could do with fewer teenage boys analyzing the women with whom they would have sex is in fact evidence of my deep-seated homophobia.
I was referring to "homosexuals trawling for sex".  Is that supposed to be evidence of your acceptance of gays?

If you insist on 'decency', then you should start by using decent terms and decent, truthful assessments of your fellow LGBTQIA posters.

Kthx
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 01:22:30 PM »

Yes, Snowguy, my observation that this forum could do with fewer teenage boys analyzing the women with whom they would have sex is in fact evidence of my deep-seated homophobia.
I was referring to "homosexuals trawling for sex".  Is that supposed to be evidence of your acceptance of gays?

If you insist on 'decency', then you should start by using decent terms and decent, truthful assessments of your fellow LGBTQIA posters.

Kthx

I take it you are not familiar with PAPOY

Kthx bai.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

Xahar, if you're concerned with the possibility of Atlas being blocked from the schools due to mature content largely on the FC and OT boards, would you support simply making these parts visible to registered users?

I'm asking because I'm curious whether you honestly "think of the children", or you use this as an excuse to impose your personal set of morals on the community. After a lot of harsh words in this thread, I think we could use some clarification.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »

Obviously that would remove the offensive and misogynistic content from public view, but it is not clear to me why you find it so important to have offensive and misogynistic content at all. If you don't understand the problem with talking about whom you would bang on this site, I'm not going to spell it out for you.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »

every baseball stat you consume will begin to look like a kissing lesbian couple engaging in threesomes with all kinds if characters

I for one welcome this utopia.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2015, 10:26:10 PM »

Obviously that would remove the offensive and misogynistic content from public view, but it is not clear to me why you find it so important to have offensive and misogynistic content at all. If you don't understand the problem with talking about whom you would bang on this site, I'm not going to spell it out for you.

I'd really appreciate if you'd be so kind to stop putting words in my mouth, since nowhere have I stated it's "important" to me to have this "innapropriate" content on this forum. Frankly, I care very little about such threads and I won't lose my sleep over whether it's here or not. I don't have to read them nor participate in such discussions. Neither have you, btw.

I do have a problem with misogynistic or degrading content (which should be purged with fire), but not all of so-called "inappropriate" threads are such. I'm simply not comfortable with someone imposing his personal morals on other participants. You don't condone this, I respect that, but I respect the others, differing views.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2015, 11:11:23 PM »

every baseball stat you consume will begin to look like a kissing lesbian couple engaging in threesomes with all kinds if characters

He's actually right, every image we see on here is a collection of random numbers that generate colors and whatnot, so out of the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, there's a jpeg image that can be constructed of something like a kissing lesbian couple, or an image of what really happened to Vince Foster.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2015, 08:34:27 AM »

Kthx

A few things:

1) What what would you call PAPOY incidents like the infamous...modifications...retromike made to that picture of Lebron?  If you'd prefer that Xahar use a nicer term than "trawling for sex," okay.  But if so, then you're really arguing semantics instead of addressing the actual issue he was raising.

2) I'm pretty sure Xahar didn't say anything that could reasonably be called homophobic in the OP.

3) What does "QIA" stand for?

4) It is the internet.  If straight or LGBT people want to do this sort of stuff, there are more places than any of us could imagine that'll be happy to accommodate them regardless of their sexual orientation.  However, this forum is not and should not be one of those places.  It is a politics/elections forum and if that seems pointless to anyone, there are plenty of other forums out there they can post on instead.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2015, 09:38:04 AM »

^ Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2015, 11:44:35 AM »

Xahar what's your opinion of the propriety of what PAPOY has become? 
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2015, 12:54:22 PM »

At this point it's clear that the reason you made this thread is because you personally dislike this sort of content, not because you actually believe that it could realistically result in the forum being blocked (a ridiculous suggestion). You should've just said that from the beginning instead of being disingenuous.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2015, 07:39:39 PM »

I don't think "has become" really enters into the equation, since it's been like that for the better part of a decade. It's always strange, but usually it doesn't veer into outright inappropriate content, although that does happen.

At this point it's clear that the reason you made this thread is because you personally dislike this sort of content, not because you actually believe that it could realistically result in the forum being blocked (a ridiculous suggestion). You should've just said that from the beginning instead of being disingenuous.

Dave Leip has made his opinions very clear on this matter.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Xahar is politicking for a moderator position when one becomes available Tongue.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2015, 09:13:27 PM »

Yes, Snowguy, my observation that this forum could do with fewer teenage boys analyzing the women with whom they would have sex
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »

I was referring to "homosexuals trawling for sex".  Is that supposed to be evidence of your acceptance of gays?

Kthx

A few things:

1) What what would you call PAPOY incidents like the infamous...modifications...retromike made to that picture of Lebron?  If you'd prefer that Xahar use a nicer term than "trawling for sex," okay.  But if so, then you're really arguing semantics instead of addressing the actual issue he was raising.

2) I'm pretty sure Xahar didn't say anything that could reasonably be called homophobic in the OP.

3) What does "QIA" stand for?

4) It is the internet.  If straight or LGBT people want to do this sort of stuff, there are more places than any of us could imagine that'll be happy to accommodate them regardless of their sexual orientation.  However, this forum is not and should not be one of those places.  It is a politics/elections forum and if that seems pointless to anyone, there are plenty of other forums out there they can post on instead.
Im sorry for thinking Forum Community was a board purely for discussing politics.  Or that a post a picture of yourself thread on a half gay forum was not anything but a discussion of maps and politics with a conservative Straight male approved photo of yourself to ID that set of arguments with.

Seriously...Xahar, Gully...take your garbage elsewhere.  The only reason you guys are in here with your stifling prudity is because you ogled over the pictures, analyzed the discussion...decided it was offensive to you...and came in here to whine whine whine whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.  Same as it ever was.

Haven't you guys already torn everyone down enough in your IRC pit enough...that you have to come back here and whine some more?

And Xahar runs behind Dave again..."but...but...HE SAID!"  Morden told you flat out Dave was NOT clear on this.  No doubt he will be soon.  And neither of us will be happy.

If you're wondering...I enjoy the PAPOY thread.  I relish in the fact that you're offended because it makes it easier to tell who you people really are.  If Dave decides it's no good...that's his right.  My only advice to Dave?  Keep Xahar and Gully away from mod positions. 

X:  its the picture thread on the forum COMMUNITY board.  If you think a post is offensive, report it.  And explain why.  Decency can be achieved without trying and failing to gather up a mob.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 02:50:26 PM »

If you're wondering...I enjoy the PAPOY thread.  I relish in the fact that you're offended because it makes it easier to tell who you people really are.  If Dave decides it's no good...that's his right.  My only advice to Dave?  Keep Xahar and Gully away from mod positions. 

I wouldn't have a problem with Gully as a moderator, but Xahar's desire to become one is so transparent he should be kept away from this.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2015, 08:36:53 AM »

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »

I wouldn't have a problem with Gully as a moderator, but Xahar's desire to become one is so transparent he should be kept away from this.

What? If you're going to spread libelous claims about me, please point to one instance anywhere where I expressed a desire to become a moderator. You couldn't pay me to do that.

It's not a matter of "become", because it's been that way for the better part of a decade. I think that because of PAPOY's reputation it actually gets pretty well-monitored; when content crosses the line there everyone points that out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies