Inappropriate content on the forum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:57:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Inappropriate content on the forum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Inappropriate content on the forum  (Read 5025 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:48 PM »

Be real. There is no way a school is going to search through the forum of an elections data site, and then specifically blacklist it because of sexual discussion.

In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually consider that a likely possibility. It seems far more likely that this sort of discussion makes you uncomfortable or otherwise irritates you, and you created this thread to spark an argument about it. If that's your intent, you should just be upfront.

Indeed Xahar.  You need to be up front about it.  And you know what I mean.  And if you don't, then there is a problem. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:06:09 AM »

Those kinds of threads will be all over the place with Update gone. Get ready for the deluge.

Yep. The great stabilizer is gone, so anything can happen now.
Jetzt haben wir die Warnung von dem Eisspeer!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:12:30 AM »

Be real. There is no way a school is going to search through the forum of an elections data site, and then specifically blacklist it because of sexual discussion.

In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually consider that a likely possibility. It seems far more likely that this sort of discussion makes you uncomfortable or otherwise irritates you, and you created this thread to spark an argument about it. If that's your intent, you should just be upfront.

Dave Leip has in fact complained about this very thing in the past. However, yes, there is another motive, which is that reading valued poster SunriseAroundThe World ranking sexual threesomes by type while typing with one hand is both disgusting and completely orthogonal to the purpose of this forum. It is just as repulsive when teenaged boys post "Hot or Not" threads to assert their heterosexuality as it is when homosexuals use this site to trawl for sex.

If you are looking for material to which you can masturbate, you have the entire rest of the Internet. Keep it there.
So you don't like boastful straight people or homosexuals at all.  There is an ignore feature you can use.  Which you apparently haven't.  So instead you appeal to Dave's authority to give strength to your interpretation of the rules.

Maybe sunrise went too far...then report the thread.  The rest is subjective.  And you're still not being up front about it even though the truth weasels out with each response.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:45:40 AM »

I'll have to trust Dave on this one.  In Dave Leip we trust? (Christians don't worry... Dave's name literally means Root of David...Tongue)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 02:11:38 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2015, 02:28:20 PM by Snowguy716 »

Sanchez isn't the one with a deep seeded homophobia.  He's up front about his beliefs...he doesn't hide behind Dave to enforce rules over what he personally dislikes.

This is prudism with insidious, unclear reasoning.  There is an agenda, unlike, say, Tony's innocent prudishness.  It was at first about threesome styles, then 'homosexuals' (like using the term Moslem/Musselman or Negro...due to the contempt it is said with just by it being the word he used) trawling for sex.  Now it's two girls kissing.  What comes next?  

As someone with teh gheyitis I know a thing or two about fearing or envying those not like you and scorning everyone who is like you for having the audacity to be comfortable with who they are (and more importantly at times, who they aren't)

The further we fall from Xahar's narrowing yet ever broadening definition of what he hates...well, I don't know what to think about that.  But I don't like it.

Be careful Xahar or every baseball stat you consume will begin to look like a kissing lesbian couple engaging in threesomes with all kinds if characters.  And you wont even be able to enjoy sports stats anymore.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »

Sanchez isn't the one with a deep seeded homophobia.  He's up front about his beliefs...he doesn't hide behind Dave to hate. 

The truth weasels out!

It's tolerable for the time being...as long as we don't ever talk about it or offend you with its presence.

What I have a feeling he hates:

No offense, but I am confused by this post: are you saying I am a bigot or not? You start out by defending me and then seem to do a total 180. Forgive me if I am misreading your post.

I completely rewrote the post.  I meant to point out that Simfan shouldn't focus on you, who people might accuse of being racist/homophobic/etc.  but you've been up front about it.  Unlike the creator of this thread.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »

I don't know, but Islamophobia from Snowguy716, on the other hand...
Oh simfan...as dimwitted as always.

If Xahar is Islam and his weird, somewhat alarming hangups about sex sacrosanct to the point that we must all change for him...then you got me.

Xahar is being homophobic here.  I wouldnt expect oakvale to understand that.  Or you Simfan.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »

I must say I'm rather surprised by the reaction here on Forum. We have a religious person trying to impose its beliefs on us, using a rather flimsy derivative of "think of the children!". Usually, such demand would be mocked and rejected as being "another social conservative forcing his values on us". Apparently, people are afraid to say the truth when it's a non-Christian.

Said far better than I could.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 12:45:17 AM »

Would it maybe be clearer if I simply asked you to keep your homophobia to yourself, Xahar?

If you don't know what I mean by homophobia, musselman who runs around trawling peoples patience for your straight conservative version of decency, then I guess we're done here.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 02:40:57 AM »

Yes, Snowguy, my observation that this forum could do with fewer teenage boys analyzing the women with whom they would have sex is in fact evidence of my deep-seated homophobia.
I was referring to "homosexuals trawling for sex".  Is that supposed to be evidence of your acceptance of gays?

If you insist on 'decency', then you should start by using decent terms and decent, truthful assessments of your fellow LGBTQIA posters.

Kthx
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »

Yes, Snowguy, my observation that this forum could do with fewer teenage boys analyzing the women with whom they would have sex is in fact evidence of my deep-seated homophobia.
I was referring to "homosexuals trawling for sex".  Is that supposed to be evidence of your acceptance of gays?

If you insist on 'decency', then you should start by using decent terms and decent, truthful assessments of your fellow LGBTQIA posters.

Kthx

A few things:

1) What what would you call PAPOY incidents like the infamous...modifications...retromike made to that picture of Lebron?  If you'd prefer that Xahar use a nicer term than "trawling for sex," okay.  But if so, then you're really arguing semantics instead of addressing the actual issue he was raising.

2) I'm pretty sure Xahar didn't say anything that could reasonably be called homophobic in the OP.

3) What does "QIA" stand for?

4) It is the internet.  If straight or LGBT people want to do this sort of stuff, there are more places than any of us could imagine that'll be happy to accommodate them regardless of their sexual orientation.  However, this forum is not and should not be one of those places.  It is a politics/elections forum and if that seems pointless to anyone, there are plenty of other forums out there they can post on instead.
Im sorry for thinking Forum Community was a board purely for discussing politics.  Or that a post a picture of yourself thread on a half gay forum was not anything but a discussion of maps and politics with a conservative Straight male approved photo of yourself to ID that set of arguments with.

Seriously...Xahar, Gully...take your garbage elsewhere.  The only reason you guys are in here with your stifling prudity is because you ogled over the pictures, analyzed the discussion...decided it was offensive to you...and came in here to whine whine whine whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.  Same as it ever was.

Haven't you guys already torn everyone down enough in your IRC pit enough...that you have to come back here and whine some more?

And Xahar runs behind Dave again..."but...but...HE SAID!"  Morden told you flat out Dave was NOT clear on this.  No doubt he will be soon.  And neither of us will be happy.

If you're wondering...I enjoy the PAPOY thread.  I relish in the fact that you're offended because it makes it easier to tell who you people really are.  If Dave decides it's no good...that's his right.  My only advice to Dave?  Keep Xahar and Gully away from mod positions. 

X:  its the picture thread on the forum COMMUNITY board.  If you think a post is offensive, report it.  And explain why.  Decency can be achieved without trying and failing to gather up a mob.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies