Inappropriate content on the forum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:28:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Inappropriate content on the forum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Inappropriate content on the forum  (Read 5027 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: April 16, 2015, 08:52:24 PM »

This is mostly confined to a few problem posters, but it seems more prevalent than ever now. You people know what I'm referring to, and if you don't, there's a problem. Remember that this is an educational site, and any content that might get the site blocked by a middle school is obviously unacceptable.

In other words, before you post, think about what you post is appropriate. If what you are posting is a "Hot or Not" thread, the answer is no, and in addition to being inappropriate it's creepy and gross besides.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:07:25 AM »

Be real. There is no way a school is going to search through the forum of an elections data site, and then specifically blacklist it because of sexual discussion.

In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually consider that a likely possibility. It seems far more likely that this sort of discussion makes you uncomfortable or otherwise irritates you, and you created this thread to spark an argument about it. If that's your intent, you should just be upfront.

Dave Leip has in fact complained about this very thing in the past. However, yes, there is another motive, which is that reading valued poster SunriseAroundThe World ranking sexual threesomes by type while typing with one hand is both disgusting and completely orthogonal to the purpose of this forum. It is just as repulsive when teenaged boys post "Hot or Not" threads to assert their heterosexuality as it is when homosexuals use this site to trawl for sex.

If you are looking for material to which you can masturbate, you have the entire rest of the Internet. Keep it there.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:40:51 AM »

Be real. There is no way a school is going to search through the forum of an elections data site, and then specifically blacklist it because of sexual discussion.

In fact, I have a hard time believing that you actually consider that a likely possibility. It seems far more likely that this sort of discussion makes you uncomfortable or otherwise irritates you, and you created this thread to spark an argument about it. If that's your intent, you should just be upfront.

Dave Leip has in fact complained about this very thing in the past. However, yes, there is another motive, which is that reading valued poster SunriseAroundThe World ranking sexual threesomes by type while typing with one hand is both disgusting and completely orthogonal to the purpose of this forum. It is just as repulsive when teenaged boys post "Hot or Not" threads to assert their heterosexuality as it is when homosexuals use this site to trawl for sex.

If you are looking for material to which you can masturbate, you have the entire rest of the Internet. Keep it there.

I didn't make the thread, I am just contributing to it. I am very impressionable Tongue

Yes, and I didn't report your post because it's no more inappropriate than the rest of the thread, with its "hehehehehe two chicks at the same time amirite guys" attitude.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:59:27 PM »

I wonder what motive Gustaf has in forcing my religion on the forum.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 12:13:15 AM »

I wonder what motive Gustaf has in forcing my religion on the forum.

When did Gustaf do such a thing? Do you mean Snowguy? Or MaxQue?

But this isn't even a religious matter- it's a "basic standards of decorum" matter or a "let's not embarrass ourselves and the website completely" matter.

Gustaf agreed with my point in this thread, and given that I am pushing my religion on everyone surely he must also be pushing my religion. It can't be that there would be any other reasoning involved.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 02:09:53 AM »

Yes, Snowguy, my observation that this forum could do with fewer teenage boys analyzing the women with whom they would have sex is in fact evidence of my deep-seated homophobia.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »

Obviously that would remove the offensive and misogynistic content from public view, but it is not clear to me why you find it so important to have offensive and misogynistic content at all. If you don't understand the problem with talking about whom you would bang on this site, I'm not going to spell it out for you.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 07:39:39 PM »

Xahar what's your opinion of the propriety of what PAPOY has become? 

I don't think "has become" really enters into the equation, since it's been like that for the better part of a decade. It's always strange, but usually it doesn't veer into outright inappropriate content, although that does happen.

At this point it's clear that the reason you made this thread is because you personally dislike this sort of content, not because you actually believe that it could realistically result in the forum being blocked (a ridiculous suggestion). You should've just said that from the beginning instead of being disingenuous.

Dave Leip has made his opinions very clear on this matter.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »

If you're wondering...I enjoy the PAPOY thread.  I relish in the fact that you're offended because it makes it easier to tell who you people really are.  If Dave decides it's no good...that's his right.  My only advice to Dave?  Keep Xahar and Gully away from mod positions. 

I wouldn't have a problem with Gully as a moderator, but Xahar's desire to become one is so transparent he should be kept away from this.

What? If you're going to spread libelous claims about me, please point to one instance anywhere where I expressed a desire to become a moderator. You couldn't pay me to do that.

Xahar what's your opinion of the propriety of what PAPOY has become? 

It's not a matter of "become", because it's been that way for the better part of a decade. I think that because of PAPOY's reputation it actually gets pretty well-monitored; when content crosses the line there everyone points that out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies