Regional Budgeting Question on Healthcare
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:16:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Budgeting Question on Healthcare
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Budgeting Question on Healthcare  (Read 527 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2015, 12:15:51 AM »

I see regional budgets with these enormous budget expenditures on healthcare. We have such a robust federal system, what are the regions actually spending money on? Another public health insurance program?

It would be beneficial if the regions agreed that this is basically an oversight and all sort of "disarmed" in regards to healthcare spending. Frees up billions of dollars without actually impacting people.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:46:54 AM »

I would imagine some of it supports health infrastructure like hospitals in low trafficed areas.

Also, a region can create their own public option to compete against ANHC. It is one of the many options that are available under Section 1, Clause 3 of the Reforming Public Health ACt.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:50:51 AM »

I would imagine some of it supports health infrastructure like hospitals in low trafficed areas.

Also, a region can create their own public option to compete against ANHC. It is one of the many options that are available under Section 1, Clause 3 of the Reforming Public Health ACt.

Is that public option the default? Because I doubt the regions actively created their own public options?

The issue here is that we have to imagine. I don't think anyone knows what exactly is happening with this. For example, the South spends over $100 billion on the "healthcare" section. God knows what that consists of. It can't all be medical infrastructure. I think we could seriously look at eliminating the entire regional healthcare system.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:00:12 AM »

Is that public option the default? Because I doubt the regions actively created their own public options?

The issue here is that we have to imagine. I don't think anyone knows what exactly is happening with this. For example, the South spends over $100 billion on the "healthcare" section. God knows what that consists of. It can't all be medical infrastructure. I think we could seriously look at eliminating the entire regional healthcare system.

Or reappropriate the money to better uses within or outside or healthcare.

I am leary of eliminating a regional level of anything, healthcare or not. Tongue But yes, a lot of that wasted money should be used to take advantage of their increased range of options or put to uses in education, transportation the like.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 01:02:25 AM »

I am leary of eliminating a regional level of anything, healthcare or not. Tongue But yes, a lot of that wasted money should be used to take advantage of their increased range of options or put to uses in education, transportation the like.

Why not? If there's a well-functioning national alternative there's no reason to muck everything up with additional layers of bureaucracy and regulation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 01:16:20 AM »

Why not? If there's a well-functioning national alternative there's no reason to muck everything up with additional layers of bureaucracy and regulation.

Indeed but my preference is go in the opposite direction in terms of which layer to reduce though. Tongue Though I am satisfied ith the current healthcare law, I would prefer the range of options that the regions have to be explored and utilized to bring the benefits of competition back.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 01:19:23 AM »

Indeed but my preference is go in the opposite direction in terms of which layer to reduce though. Tongue Though I am satisfied ith the current healthcare law, I would prefer the range of options that the regions have to be explored and utilized to bring the benefits of competition back.

Yank, you wrote the federal healthcare law.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 01:25:22 AM »

Yank, you wrote the federal healthcare law.

See the bold. I never said the law we passed was bad, in fact it moved in the direction I like, towards the regions and towards markets. Tongue

You got the wheels moving though and that is important. And no I did not write the whole thing, shua wrote significant portions including the subsidization formula and Lumine nad Duke participated in a revision session as well.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 02:56:47 AM »

Looking at the numbers, I am pretty sure that we are spending every last penny of that $130 billion on Medicaid. Medicaid isn't something that exists anymore. I have proposed a bill to eliminate that line of spending. This'll make drawing up the budget for the year much simpler.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies