Where Do You Rank on the Male Social Hierarchy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where Do You Rank on the Male Social Hierarchy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Which of the following best describes you?
Alpha +

Alpha -

Beta +

Beta -

Gamma +

Gamma -

Delta +

Delta -

Omega +

Omega -

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Where Do You Rank on the Male Social Hierarchy?  (Read 6590 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 03:36:22 AM »

The idea that some men are great because they're so confident and think they have no flaws and others are bad because they won't work on their flaws...sigh.

I wouldn't mind the stupidity so much if it wasn't also really toxic.

Beta Negative, then?

Haha. The irony here is that in the stupid taxonomy of this "system" anyone calling anyone else "Beta negative" is likely to fit this themselves. Tongue

And literally nothing under that description fits me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 03:44:41 AM »

This divides men (I guess women have no personalities or live in some alternate realm of completely different personalities) into 4 basic categories. Narcissistic psychos who are perfect, failures who are still trying, failures who have given up and then people who care about nothing.

Plus the "negative" versions of these types, but they're obviously just part of the scam aspect. There is no room for alternate goals in life, no room for actually being a normal, relatively successful person who is decently satisfied with their life.

And then the scammy scientology descriptions - buy my book and you can upgrade to Gamma+!

I'm not perfect, not even if narrowly defined as American Psycho. Nor is my dream to be a mindless follower fawning over such a person. And I'm also not ridiculous enough to think I'm some liberated philosopher, independent of the rest of humanity. And thankfully I don't spend my time collecting stamps in my mother's basement either.

What's sad though is that real people fall for this kind of BS and damage their lives over it.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:47 AM »

Sorry if the question has been asked, but is this from 4chan?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 08:16:02 AM »

Sorry if the question has been asked, but is this from 4chan?

Naturally. Where else?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2015, 08:22:41 AM by Tik »

What's sad though is that real people fall for this kind of BS and damage their lives over it.

It's sad but inevitable. They will latch onto whatever bullsh**t seems to describe their disappointing life experience while offering a satisfactory explanation and solution. If it's not this, it's something else. It's much easier to compartmentalize everything than it is to face an organic, faceless system that doesn't grant you any value on the basis of your existence.

...</sage>
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 09:12:19 AM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »

It's sad but inevitable. They will latch onto whatever bullsh**t seems to describe their disappointing life experience while offering a satisfactory explanation and solution. If it's not this, it's something else. It's much easier to compartmentalize everything than it is to face an organic, faceless system that doesn't grant you any value on the basis of your existence.

...</sage>

The saddest part is that no one defined as "alpha+" or whatever in these systems spent a minute of their life reading about "male social hierarchies".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »

Fiscally gamma, socially lambda (normal Atlas INTJ).

I wonder if this chart might help us explain the divide between Eastern and Western Ukraine...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »

I don't want to answer this one
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »

There is no need to bring Tumblr into this.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2015, 11:13:29 AM »

ITT people taking this seriously
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2015, 11:29:40 AM »

Surprised?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2015, 11:31:41 AM »

The person who made this chart probably took it seriously.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »

I wish opebo was here to smash our delusions of grandeur and put us all in our proper category. 

: (
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 12:31:49 PM »

TIL there are Nazi furries

PS: I'm alpha as hell, or at least that's what I tell guys on Grindr
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »

Beta negative sounds like your typical libertarian.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »

Beta+
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2015, 04:57:18 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2015, 05:03:11 PM by Zen Lunatic »

Probably an omarga positive, though I'd like to think I'm somewhat smart and creative, just a bit on the lazy side. I'm well aware of that though.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2015, 09:12:56 PM »

The idea that some men are great because they're so confident and think they have no flaws and others are bad because they won't work on their flaws...sigh.

I wouldn't mind the stupidity so much if it wasn't also really toxic.

Beta Negative, then?

Haha. The irony here is that in the stupid taxonomy of this "system" anyone calling anyone else "Beta negative" is likely to fit this themselves. Tongue

And literally nothing under that description fits me.

You are neither G+ or G-...you are a G string who threads the crack.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 09:19:15 PM »

Oh Christ oakvale. Of course everyone in this thread knows it's a silly diversion. That doesn't mean we can't overanalyse it and tear it to shreds for an audience of hardly anyone for no good reason except to feel smug. This is Atlas!

And everyone knows if you venture into seedier parts of the internet you can find lots of sad delusional males who take ideas like "alphas" and "betas" seriously to help them understand the world around them and then change their behaviour accordingly.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »

This divides men (I guess women have no personalities or live in some alternate realm of completely different personalities) into 4 basic categories. Narcissistic psychos who are perfect, failures who are still trying, failures who have given up and then people who care about nothing.

Plus the "negative" versions of these types, but they're obviously just part of the scam aspect. There is no room for alternate goals in life, no room for actually being a normal, relatively successful person who is decently satisfied with their life.

And then the scammy scientology descriptions - buy my book and you can upgrade to Gamma+!

I'm not perfect, not even if narrowly defined as American Psycho. Nor is my dream to be a mindless follower fawning over such a person. And I'm also not ridiculous enough to think I'm some liberated philosopher, independent of the rest of humanity. And thankfully I don't spend my time collecting stamps in my mother's basement either.

We have a hierarchy.  Women have a pecking order.  You are the fox in the hen coop.  "Ill defend you ladies from those evil cocks!  See how they hate you and only care about their own hierarchy!?  Good thing you women aren't dumb enough to care about hierarchy!  Just let me have your eggs and I'll show you the truth!"

No woman worth salt falls for that tried old tactic.

Which part of the hierarchy does that put you in Gustaf?  Cuz it puts you in there...you don't get to escape.  In the - column near B.  Course now Im one for suggesting it.  Whatever.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2015, 09:26:28 PM »

Who the hell would Gustaf be white knighting for right now?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »

Who the hell would Gustaf be white knighting for right now?

His ego.  Trust me.  Pontificating is always about ego.  I'm practically the pope on that so...takes one to know one and all.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2015, 08:15:34 AM »

We have a hierarchy.  Women have a pecking order.  You are the fox in the hen coop.  "Ill defend you ladies from those evil cocks!  See how they hate you and only care about their own hierarchy!?  Good thing you women aren't dumb enough to care about hierarchy!  Just let me have your eggs and I'll show you the truth!"

No woman worth salt falls for that tried old tactic.

Which part of the hierarchy does that put you in Gustaf?  Cuz it puts you in there...you don't get to escape.  In the - column near B.  Course now Im one for suggesting it.  Whatever.

Snowguy, you really should take a med break from the forum, I think. Tongue

If you choose to think that any man who doesn't express misogyny is doing it to manipulate women (in a setting where there are no women, at that) I think that says more about you, honestly.

And of course there are hierarchies in the world. In the real hierarchy I'm near the top because I'm well-off well-educated white straight cisgendered man. None of that has anything to do with this nonsense though.

This is essentially a scam. The Beta negative category is obviously there so that you can claim that anyone who rejects this "model" is in that category. Anyone obsessed with defending this model from criticism and trying to categorize others as beneath them strikes me as prone to anger, having an inflated ego and the rest of the stuff in the description.

Beyond that I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, to be honest.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »

I think it should be fairly clear that there are no beta people, only beta actions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies