Hannibal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:07:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Hannibal
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hannibal  (Read 379 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »

So I've learned about Hola and have started watching this show on Netflix (from Norway) mostly due to some of the rave reviews on the AV Club. Only two episodes in, and I haven't exactly been blown away yet, but I do think it has strong potential. I'm surprised by how graphic it is for a network TV show too. Biggest complaint is that the title character (who obviously should be thought more of as a character loosely based on Hannibal Lecter with the same name rather than Hannibal Lecter) is probably the least interesting one but the autistic FBI guy and the guy who played Morpheus' characters make up for it.

So is there a point when it really picks up? Like I said, haven't been blow away yet but intrigued by the potential.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 08:06:55 AM »

ShowLecter gets a little more interesting as the series goes on (not that anyone could hope to come close to topping Anthony Hopkins' performances as the character) and the series does gets much better during the second season.  However, the biggest issue with the show is that it always feels too slow.  It is excellent for an NBC show, but decidedly meh compared to what HBO, AMC, and FX have produced.  If nothing else, props to the showrunner (Bryan Fuller IIRC) for offering a new take on the character and not using the pre-existing Lecterverse as too much of a crutch.

That said, I stopped watching Hannibal during the middle of season 2.  There is simply too much good television on these days to keep up with everything, so lower-priority stuff like Hannibal and the last season of Boardwalk Empire just doesn't make the cut anymore.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies