Rand Paul: Many in the GOP would have made the middle east worse than Obama has (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:58:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rand Paul: Many in the GOP would have made the middle east worse than Obama has (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Paul: Many in the GOP would have made the middle east worse than Obama has  (Read 3508 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: April 18, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »

I might agree with him on some foreign policy matters more than Ted Cruz.  But, that fact that he's flip-flopped, pandered to nuts, been a frequent guest on Alex Jones and grandstanded on non-issues like drones and Benghazi, it makes him untrustworthy.  

If you went nuts with Benghazi conspiracy theories, you have no integrity or judgment in my opinion.  That's what it comes down to.  Foreign policy is very complicated and tricky, I want someone with good judgment, good character and a deep understanding of the issues.  Rand Paul is a clown so I can't trust him.  

If I had to pick a GOPer to win next year it'd definitely be Rand. He has kept the redeeming inclinations of his dad while jettisoning the most dangerous elements (the gold standard, racist newsletters, etc.)

We had the gold standard for nearly 200 years. Liberals dislike it because the gold standard limits inflation which makes debt more burdensome and makes Keynesian Economics impossible to implement.

Fiat money is what is dangerous to the middle class.

You couldn't be more wrong dude!  We didn't have the gold standard for 200 years, what on earth are you talking about!?  Gold standards don't limit inflation necessarily.  If we actually had the gold standard in the 1840s and 1850s, we would have had insane inflation because of the gold rush.  The gold standard is just a terrible, arbitrary way to run your monetary policy and impossible in the present day.  There's no reason to even consider it because it's demonstrably bad.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »

I might agree with him on some foreign policy matters more than Ted Cruz.  But, that fact that he's flip-flopped, pandered to nuts, been a frequent guest on Alex Jones and grandstanded on non-issues like drones and Benghazi, it makes him untrustworthy.  

If you went nuts with Benghazi conspiracy theories, you have no integrity or judgment in my opinion.  That's what it comes down to.  Foreign policy is very complicated and tricky, I want someone with good judgment, good character and a deep understanding of the issues.  Rand Paul is a clown so I can't trust him.  

If I had to pick a GOPer to win next year it'd definitely be Rand. He has kept the redeeming inclinations of his dad while jettisoning the most dangerous elements (the gold standard, racist newsletters, etc.)

We had the gold standard for nearly 200 years. Liberals dislike it because the gold standard limits inflation which makes debt more burdensome and makes Keynesian Economics impossible to implement.

Fiat money is what is dangerous to the middle class.

You couldn't be more wrong dude!  We didn't have the gold standard for 200 years, what on earth are you talking about!?  Gold standards don't limit inflation necessarily.  If we actually had the gold standard in the 1840s and 1850s, we would have had insane inflation because of the gold rush.  The gold standard is just a terrible, arbitrary way to run your monetary policy and impossible in the present day.  There's no reason to even consider it because it's demonstrably bad.
We DID have the gold standard in the 1840s and 1850s, and there WAS inflation. The price of silver went up for like 50 years, which prevented total collapse of the system.

No. 

The US basically had a silver standard from the founding to the 1830s.  We had fiat money from the Civil War to the 1870s when he adopted a Gold standard.  We left the gold standard in 1933 after it helped destroy our economy. 

I should have phrased by point about the Gold rush differently, yes.  It did inflate our currency and it's an example of how the gold standard is nonsense. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies