Oklahoma approves exciting new method of killing inmates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:36:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Oklahoma approves exciting new method of killing inmates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Oklahoma approves exciting new method of killing inmates  (Read 2824 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has just signed a bill to approve nitrogen-induced hypoxia as a method of carrying out the death penalty. Supporters say it's painless and humane, though it's never actually been used or tested.

Oklahoma's lethal injection method is currently on hold while the U.S. Supreme Court considers the issue of its constitutionality.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/17/oklahoma-nitrogen-execution-method-death-penalty
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:12:57 PM »

This is my preferred method of execution, though I'll reserve judgement until it is tested. This could be the future of capital punishment.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »

Oklahoma was the first state to adopt lethal injection. So I'm not surprised they're desperate to remain first in something.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:45:36 PM »

This is my preferred method of execution, though I'll reserve judgement until it is tested. This could be the future of capital punishment.
Such an improvement on zyklon b...zyklon n!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »

I'm sorry, but "preferred method of execution" are not words that I think should ever be put together.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:07:53 PM »

SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2015, 10:26:00 PM by Snowguy716 »

SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY!
The Nazis learned their lesson.  Forcing their "enemies" into camps and forcibly gassing them painfully didn't work for them in the end.

Now they will prepare the camp and you will run into it voluntarily.  And death will be painless.

Of course they will test it on the criminals first.

By Nazis here I mean fascist blood thirsty revenge artists.  Governor Mary's name says it all... The Falling Mary.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »

Funny thing is, the gas chamber is an American invention. The Germans just come up with how to use it on industrial scales (just like concentration camps, first introduced by the British Empire).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 10:32:44 PM »

Also, given how every new way of "humane killing" invented in America turns into a disaster (electric chair, gas chamber, lethal injection), I wonder how long before they learn how to botch the nitrogen-induced hypoxia.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 11:34:16 PM »

...You know what, I guess as much as I rag on Utah, at least we don't have literal gas chambers as a method of execution. Firing squads are bad too, but they're not gas chambers.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »

We should just do the sensible thing and bring back the extremely humane guillotine.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 12:45:25 AM »

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has just signed a bill to approve nitrogen-induced hypoxia as a method of carrying out the death penalty. Supporters say it's painless and humane, though it's never actually been used or tested.

And it will be painless and humane, so long as it isn't used.   No execution should be called "humane."
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 02:09:18 AM »

Oklahoma was the first state to adopt lethal injection. So I'm not surprised they're desperate to remain first in something.

It's just that Oklahoma is such an awful place to live that the most novel thing they can do is think of new ways to die.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 03:44:46 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDlDN2nsopE

This documentary might be of interest.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 09:33:36 PM »

What about bringing back "Roman Empire style" gladiator fights as a way of execution? The government could sell tickets to the public so it could be a source of revenue.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 09:49:25 PM »

What about bringing back "Roman Empire style" gladiator fights as a way of execution? The government could sell tickets to the public so it could be a source of revenue.
Ever watched COPS and then paid your cable bill?  Some of that went to the government.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 10:43:10 PM »

And it will be painless and humane, so long as it isn't used.   No execution should be called "humane."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 10:37:33 AM »

Approve.  If I lived there I would want someone to find a creative quick way to kill me.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 12:14:52 PM »

Approve.  If I lived there I would want someone to find a creative quick way to kill me.
If you lived there, they would have thought of something like this long ago. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »

Just ftr, the bill provides for nitrogen gas to be used if no drugs are available for lethal injection, not as a primary method.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 07:43:30 PM »

Just ftr, the bill provides for nitrogen gas to be used if no drugs are available for lethal injection, not as a primary method.
Given what is going on with the drugs, does it matter? Thinking that the drugs used for lethal injection will be available in the future is more delusional than thinking SSM will not be recognized in all fifty States soon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 08:10:47 PM »

Given what is going on with the drugs, does it matter? Thinking that the drugs used for lethal injection will be available in the future is more delusional than thinking SSM will not be recognized in all fifty States soon.

I don't know about other states, but Oklahoma's lethal injection method is currently under review by the SCOTUS and as a result, the death penalty is on hold.  We have two or three inmates currently waiting to meet their Maker.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 06:33:29 AM »

Ask and you shall receive!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 07:10:19 AM »

Why don't we just abolish capital punishment at this point? I support it in limited circumstances, however when it's gotten to this point where we're now inventing new ways to kill people, and how expensive it really is, isn't it just easier to get rid of the death penalty?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »

I don't know about other states, but Oklahoma's lethal injection method is currently under review by the SCOTUS and as a result, the death penalty is on hold.  We have two or three inmates currently waiting to meet their Maker.

As a man of God, you believe in the death penalty?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies