Oklahoma City bombing: 20 years later
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:27:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Oklahoma City bombing: 20 years later
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Oklahoma City bombing: 20 years later  (Read 6360 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »

Today, April 19, marks the 20th anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.  As you might expect there was a great ceremony in Oklahoma City this morning with President Bill Clinton in attendance as well as Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and the current FBI director.  I know this nation has never forgotten the events of that day and holds the utmost respect for the citizens of Oklahoma City for showing this nation what it truly means to live by the "Oklahoma Standard".  I also know that this nation has a fondness for the City of Oklahoma City because of how we all came together on that fateful day.  We may joke on this forum that Oklahoma City is full of nobodies, but I know for a fact that the majority of the United States does not think negative about Oklahoma City.  They realize how much and how fast we've grown because of our heart and our standard.  Everybody with half a brain realizes that we are so much more than an old, dusty cow town stuck in the 1930's.  Oklahoma City will never go away.  We are some of the strongest group of people you will ever find.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 08:11:26 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 09:26:41 PM »

RIP Bushie.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »

...and RIP to Timothy McVeigh, one of the legions who have been killed by the USA.  (most of them don't have names, but we know his name).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:03:15 PM »

Today, April 19, marks the 20th anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.  As you might expect there was a great ceremony in Oklahoma City this morning with President Bill Clinton in attendance as well as Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and the current FBI director.  I know this nation has never forgotten the events of that day and holds the utmost respect for the citizens of Oklahoma City for showing this nation what it truly means to live by the "Oklahoma Standard".  I also know that this nation has a fondness for the City of Oklahoma City because of how we all came together on that fateful day.  We may joke on this forum that Oklahoma City is full of nobodies, but I know for a fact that the majority of the United States does not think negative about Oklahoma City.  They realize how much and how fast we've grown because of our heart and our standard.  Everybody with half a brain realizes that we are so much more than an old, dusty cow town stuck in the 1930's.  Oklahoma City will never go away.  We are some of the strongest group of people you will ever find.

This post shall be awarded 50 death points and may God have mercy on your soul.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 10:11:02 PM »

a few dozen Americans get killed and then the millions of survivors all talk about how strong they are.  naive, pathetic, masturbatory.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:00:41 AM »

This post shall be awarded 50 death points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Eraserhead -

This is such a masterful exhibit of trolling he probably should get some markers he can use against any future death points.  Truly brilliant.

And it's reported for the master troll post it is.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 08:02:12 AM »

RIP Sprouts
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 01:48:49 PM »

Display name:  Oklahoma City: 20 years later
Username:  BushOklahoma
Last Active:  Today at 01:28:39 pm

I don't blame you for taking today off.  It's a national holiday in OKC anyway.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 03:43:35 PM »

guys please don't turn this into a shadow update
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:34 PM »

I'm glad Bushie has set a precedent.  I'm going to use the 5th anniversary of Sandy to brag about how wonderful the Jersey Shore is.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 04:21:55 PM »

But the Jersey Shore gave us one of the worst TV shows of all time.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 04:47:13 PM »

But the Jersey Shore gave us one of the worst TV shows of all time.

Those people were from Rhode Island, dude.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »

My alma mater did a beautiful theatrical production commemorating the anniversary. Wish I could've seen it.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 06:23:55 PM »

I'm glad Bushie has set a precedent.  I'm Chris Christie is going to use the 5th anniversary of Sandy to brag about how wonderful the Jersey Shore Chris Christie is.
FTFY
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 07:34:17 PM »

Time flies.  20 years!  I was so focused on the 126th birthday of our favorite Austrian that I'd forgotten to remember Alfred P. Murrah, but now that you mention it, I remember it well.  Jane Trotter was a colleague from OKC.  She was really, really butch.  Anyway, I can remember half that building standing, wall torn off, rebar sticking out, fibers of paper fluttering in the breeze, Tim McVeigh's serious, angular mug telecast across a shocked nation. 

Well, I'll raise a glass to it, and as it happens I have a glass nearby.  Cheers my oakie friend.  Here's to the spirit of the Okalahoman!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 09:01:12 PM »

CHRISTIAN TERRORISM
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 09:06:59 PM »

guys please don't turn this into a shadow update
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 09:14:06 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »

Timothy McVeigh was not a Christian.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 09:39:47 PM »

a few dozen Americans get killed and then the millions of survivors all talk about how strong they are.  naive, pathetic, masturbatory.
168 is a few dozen? WTF?

Also, Bushie managed to make a terrorist attack memorial thread into a negative thing. Nice job man.

I did not turn it into a negative thread.  Grumps and other posters early in the thread did.  All I did was explain the good things that have come out of the terrorist attack and acknowledging the nation's genuine love, admiration, and respect for Oklahoma City and the victims and survivors of that act of terrorism.  I said nothing to turn this into a negative thread.  I did not compare it to other cities, either, so there was nothing negative to draw from the thread.  We're not perfect, our politics tells you that right away, but we have so much going for us at this time and are growing at a rapid rate.  It all came about, I believe, from the strong spirit that Oklahomans showed in the days and months following the bombing and from the nationwide outpouring of love and support at all levels of government and the media.  We are truly a strong people.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »

Timothy McVeigh was a self described agnostic.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 01:20:43 AM »

He only became an agnostic after he was imprisoned.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

TBH this sounds a lot like you, BRTD
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 01:42:35 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nXbCnGL-TY

Also, shame on you for bending the rules, all the while posting antagonistic strawman arguments and attempting to "update" us on local events going on in your life!
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 02:03:46 AM »

Only a thread started by Bushie could turn out like this.

Mods pls.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies