Oklahoma City bombing: 20 years later (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:23:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Oklahoma City bombing: 20 years later (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma City bombing: 20 years later  (Read 6420 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:34 PM »

I'm glad Bushie has set a precedent.  I'm going to use the 5th anniversary of Sandy to brag about how wonderful the Jersey Shore is.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 04:47:13 PM »

But the Jersey Shore gave us one of the worst TV shows of all time.

Those people were from Rhode Island, dude.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »

Yea I forgot.  McVeigh isn't a real Christian because he hurt people and real Christians don't hurt people and therefore McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he hurt people and real Christians don't hurt people and therefore McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he hurt people and real Christians don't hurt people and therefore McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he hurt people and real Christians don't hurt people and therefore McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he hurt people and real Christians don't hurt people and therefore McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he hurt people and real Christians don't hurt people and therefore McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he hurt people and real Christians don't hurt people and therefore McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he hurt people...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:48:24 AM »

Um no that wasn't my point at all. McVeigh wasn't a real Christian because he didn't identify as one.

Nah, I don't buy that you aren't trying to hint at that.  As described before, he didn't identify as an agnostic until he was in jail. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 08:56:14 AM »

"Identifying with the core beliefs" of Catholicism doesn't qualify in your book?  The person who describes himself as a non-religious follower of Jesus?  

C'mon, man.  I know you love this Jesus character but he's not a preclusion to being a monster.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »

Furthermore it's undeniable the OKC bombing was motivated by his anti-government beliefs and nothing to do with Christianity.

Do you guys seriously think that:

1-McVeigh believed in the divinity of Jesus and
2-That is the reason he did his bombing?

It doesn't matter.  The point is that Christians can do awful things as well, but when it happens the No True Scotsman crap starts every time.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:15 AM »

The point BRTD is making is that he may or may not have been a Christian, but he certainly didn't do it in the name of his religion.  He had other horrible motivations, but religion and specifically Christianity, was not it.

I'm well aware.  And no, BRTD is making a point to conclude that he wasn't a Christian and he plays this No True Scotsman game a lot when it comes to Christians who commit terrible acts. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »

One of the reasons he fits in so perfectly on this forum. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »

I love this thread. Bushie makes a tribute to remember the bombings and proceeds to go on a rant about how Oklahoma is unfairly treated on this forum!

Welcome back, friend!

He is a treasure. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies