More Clinton scandals uncovered in new book
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  More Clinton scandals uncovered in new book
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More Clinton scandals uncovered in new book  (Read 2927 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:35:12 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/us/politics/book-questions-clinton-donations.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

The baggage continues to grow.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »

A pattern of corruption and graft confirmed.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:17:23 PM »

It's not a scandal until they find something illegal or blatantly wrong or unethical.

This Clinton Foundation issue has been brought up since 2008.  Nothing has been found yet.  Wake me when they actually finding something questionable.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 11:58:33 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And author of books such as "Makers and Takers: Why conservatives work harder, feel happier, have closer families, take fewer drugs, give more generously, value honesty more, are less materialistic and envious, whine less … and even hug their children more than liberals". Wow, sounds like a reliable and unbiased source to me! I actually found this more interesting than the rest of the article though:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is the real scandal here. The media is openly strategizing with Republican operatives to try to find dirt on a Democratic candidate? Well, at least they're not trying to mask their bias I guess. I fully expect them to take it and run with it though, since they seem to have finally gotten bored of flogging the dead horse known as emailgate.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:05:10 AM »

As I've said before, the idea that the public aside from Republican partisans will care about donations to a charitable organization when most don't even seem to care about the Cock brothers planning to donate nearly $1 billion to the Republican Presidential contender is laughable.

But hey, keep trying.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 12:09:10 AM »

All these phony scandals are pathetic. I don't see the point. Her record alone would be plenty to attack on if the record of the GOP wasn't just as bad, if not worse.

By the way, who buys these kind of books anyway?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:15:21 AM »

A lot of people. Ed Klein's book was on top of the NYT Best Sellers list I believe, despite the fact that even the Hillary hating media had to admit it was garbage.

It looks like a lot of people are seeing the success of this "write bad stuff about the Clintons, make tons of money" approach and are looking to cash in. Even the media is trying to get their share of the bling it seems.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 12:40:05 AM »

A lot of people. Ed Klein's book was on top of the NYT Best Sellers list I believe, despite the fact that even the Hillary hating media had to admit it was garbage.

It looks like a lot of people are seeing the success of this "write bad stuff about the Clintons, make tons of money" approach and are looking to cash in. Even the media is trying to get their share of the bling it seems.

It's well known that conservative organizations buy these books in bulk in order to push them up the best seller lists.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 02:58:30 AM »

Before long, the Hillary haters will be trying to make a scandal out of the fact that she's alive and breathing. Their stupidity knows no end.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 05:09:20 AM »

I don't know guys, I think I'll wait for Jerome Corsi's book about Hillary to make up my opinion about her.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 10:27:01 AM »

I don't know guys, I think I'll wait for Jerome Corsi's book about Hillary to make up my opinion about her.

As a pathetic listener to Coast to Coast where Corsi is a regular (both for the 2-3 books that he releases every year) as well as for his views on foreign policy, aside from his ridiculous belief in 'abiotic oil' and his swiftboat lies, he actually holds surprisingly mainstream views.  He was an early critic of W.'s Iraq War and he is, if anything, something of a pacifist.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 10:30:24 AM »

BREAKING:  NEW CLINTON WHITEWATER-VINCE FOSTER CONNECTION UNCOVERED IN NEW BOOK

DEVELOPING....
bobloblaw
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »

Yeah she is corrupt as hell. Will it matter? Long tern it will. She will destroy the Dem party if she manages to get two terms. There will be a total on one elected Dem in DC in 2024...Hillary Clinton.

But does it matter for 2016?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 11:48:54 AM »

This reminds of me of Dole campaign ad in the 1996 election, 'Does the Truth Matter?'
Frankly it didn't work against Bill then and it probably won't work against Hillary now - calling Hillary corrupt and all the crazy stuff the right is saying about her is like a pot calling a kettle black.  Clinton critics beware: running an honesty campaign attacking a Clinton will most likely get you nowhere.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 12:46:32 PM »

As a pathetic listener to Coast to Coast where Corsi is a regular (both for the 2-3 books that he releases every year) as well as for his views on foreign policy, aside from his ridiculous belief in 'abiotic oil' and his swiftboat lies, he actually holds surprisingly mainstream views.  He was an early critic of W.'s Iraq War and he is, if anything, something of a pacifist.

Isn't Corsi also a birther?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2015, 01:06:51 PM by Adam T »

As a pathetic listener to Coast to Coast where Corsi is a regular (both for the 2-3 books that he releases every year) as well as for his views on foreign policy, aside from his ridiculous belief in 'abiotic oil' and his swiftboat lies, he actually holds surprisingly mainstream views.  He was an early critic of W.'s Iraq War and he is, if anything, something of a pacifist.

Apparently so.

I don't recall him bringing it up on Coast to Coast, so he likely hasn't mentioned it in a while.

Coast had Orly Taitz on discussing the birther 'issue' in, I believe, 2012 and, while the program and many of the callers have become increasingly conservative over the years George (S)Noory has hosted (of course, if a Republican wins in 2016, the show and the callers will likely get more liberal), Taitz was largely savaged by the callers.

I don't recall Corsi every being brought on the show to discuss the 'issue.'  Of course, that doesn't mean he hasn't, but it certainly does mean he hasn't in the last couple years.

As he has gone more into being an author, he has become increasingly neutral in his presentation and largely just states the relevant facts on the show and even tries to provide context. With few exceptions, I can't determine any bias from him.  Other than basically saying that "war should be a last resort" which is an apple pie position except for the neocons, he is increasingly holding his opinions close to his vest.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2015, 04:40:51 PM by Lincoln Republican »

BREAKING:  NEW CLINTON WHITEWATER-VINCE FOSTER CONNECTION UNCOVERED IN NEW BOOK

DEVELOPING....

Reported for trolling.

Hey, I posted about a military coup in Russia after the invasion of Crimea, and that Putin had been arrested, and I got 10 demerit points for it.

Why not you?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 04:51:14 PM »

A military coup in Russia is something that could realistically be a news event. A new book about Whitewater coming out is obviously a joke.

Kind of like how calling a school and asking if the refridgerator is running or that someone is bringing a gun to school today are both good prank calls, but only one results in an arrest.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 08:09:51 PM »

But I didn't really report this.

Just joking when I said I reported it.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »

Speaking of the devil, Corsi was on the last Coast to Coast program for 2 hours (less with commercials).  You can hear for yourself that what I said about him is pretty accurate, though there may be the odd thing he said that some people will object to.

Go to cknw.com then the 'audio vault' and listen to April 24 at Midnight to 2 am.  You can 'fast forward' past the commercials (and the news) for the first ten minutes or so at the top and bottom of the hour. There are no other commercial breaks.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies