Wisconsin's Shame: When the Left Repeatedly Violates Citizens' Rights
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:34:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wisconsin's Shame: When the Left Repeatedly Violates Citizens' Rights
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin's Shame: When the Left Repeatedly Violates Citizens' Rights  (Read 1202 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417155/wisconsins-shame-i-thought-it-was-home-invasion-david-french?fb_action_ids=10153813486129937&fb_action_types=og.shares

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Unreal article that makes me only love Walker more. Hopefully, this will be getting some national press to coincide with his campaign launch. Wonder if the ACLU has anything to say about these violations by the police state? This could be huge for Walker - just a shame that is came at the expense of so many families.

So funny to think that it took this much effort just to generate rumors that Walker would be indicted which seem to be completely unfounded. He may come out stronger than ever. Amazing how much liberals hate him.

(Also I fully expect this forum to laugh off this next quote and rightfully so - about time these people see what millions are up against)

#Walker2016
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 04:09:48 PM »

It would be wonderful if the Feds could nail Chisholm to the wall for the shenanigans he pulled in this.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 04:28:32 PM »

It's printed in the National Review so it must be true.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

It's printed in the National Review so it must be true false.

Fixed that for you, though still not correct.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:07:13 PM »

While I don't doubt that there's some truth to the story, this is a really poorly written article. Police mistreated some people. There were also some investigations. What exactly were these investigations? Were the police told to treat them badly by some nefarious librul? Or do the police just suck? The whole article raises many more questions than it answers.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »

This was a long but terrifying read. It is absolutely shocking that this could happen in America.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »

#Walker2016 indeed.

The left's hysteria for the man knows know bounds, including threats on his family and comparisons to Hitler, all for his fight to rein in property taxes. 
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 07:52:06 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2015, 07:57:04 PM by Zioneer »

So what evidence is there that politics were involved besides the article's speculation that they were targeted because of their support of the anti-union law?

Also, where was Scott Walker during all of this? You'd think he'd make a fuss about it, if it actually happened (I doubt it).

EDIT: Also, those "targeted" by the investigations say they don't trust police now. Welcome to 2010s America, guys.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 07:53:52 PM »

Bull-Sh!t
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 08:54:30 PM »

Also, where was Scott Walker during all of this? You'd think he'd make a fuss about it, if it actually happened (I doubt it).

A) Saving his own skin from prison due to the fear hanging over his head of constant news stories about alleged misdoings and fighting off a nonsense recall effort that yielded the same result as the general
B) Scott Walker is not one to talk if he doesn't have to. All of his controversies are from actions. Why open himself up during a criminal investigation?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 08:59:03 PM »

I have to agree.

Also...the cops enforced it.  A battering ram?  I wouldn't be surprised if Walker ordered this..

Problem-Reaction-Solution.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 10:55:41 PM »

So what evidence is there that politics were involved besides the article's speculation that they were targeted because of their support of the anti-union law?

EDIT: Also, those "targeted" by the investigations say they don't trust police now. Welcome to 2010s America, guys.

The particulars will be rather difficult to prove given the nature of a John Doe investigation. However, in this case, the prosecutor, Chisholm spent years trying to investigate Walker for some nebulous undefined crime and multiple judges have ruled there is no case. The conservative group here (Wisconsin Club for Growth) actually sued in federal court to have the records of the investigation (which was done against them) publicly released.

Whether there was a battering ram or not, I don't know if we'll ever know, but that Chisholm directed several pre-dawn raids on the homes of high profile conservative activists in the Milwaukee area is pretty well known. That the investigation hasn't turned up anything is also well known, as are Chisholm's political views. Given these circumstances, there ought, at the bare minimum, to be an investigation into Chisholm's office for malicious prosecution.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »

So it was just this Chisholm guy allegedly doing these things? Because the article seems to imply some vast, left-wing conspiracy that has forever ruined the comity of Wisconsin politics.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 11:12:04 PM »

So it was just this Chisholm guy allegedly doing these things? Because the article seems to imply some vast, left-wing conspiracy that has forever ruined the comity of Wisconsin politics.

It was Chisholm's office and a judge who rubber stamped a bunch of warrants. Whether the Wisconsin Democratic Party had any connection, I would be inclined to doubt it at risk of wandering into conspiracy theoryland. They, of course, cheered anything that made Walker look bad,  but I can't imagine a party actually ordering a malicious prosecution like this.

As to whether it forever ruined the comity of Wisconsin politics, people having their house raided at 6am for a secret malicious investigation because they donated to groups a DA doesn't like, sure doesn't help the comity much. Granted it's another brick in the wall with the Act 10 stuff here.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 11:32:24 PM »

Witchhunt against Walker by leftists who couldn't defeat him despite trying 3 times and unprecedented big spending recall effort.  I guess they don't care who's life they ruin or who's civil rights they violate in the process.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies