MA: Suffolk: Gov. Baker with 70% approval rating (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:23:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA: Suffolk: Gov. Baker with 70% approval rating (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Suffolk: Gov. Baker with 70% approval rating  (Read 6454 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: April 22, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

Not very surprising, considering he's been very open to his opposition. GOPers in blue states need to emphasize competence over ideology more in the way Baker did.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »

Only 8% disapproval is impressive no matter who it is. Congrats to him and Massachusetts!

I haven't followed Massachusetts politics, so could someone kindly give me a quick summary of what he's done so far? Bills, executive orders, appointments, etc. that led to this?

Boston globe has an article on the subject. Not as specific as I'd like but it sounds like things are going fine.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:22:42 PM »

Reminds me of another northeastern "moderate" Republican governor who was wildly popular before people started to see through his false persona.

Governor Baker is all smoke and mirrors. I wish him the best in maintaining his facade.

Christie was always a loud blowhard though, even during his moderate adoration days. Baker has seemed to keep his mouth close and his nose to the grindstone. Baker reminds me a bit more of this man -

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies