Illinois vs. Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:20:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Illinois vs. Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Illinois

Wisconsin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Illinois vs. Wisconsin  (Read 1880 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »

Illinois definitely.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »

Also Sconnies need to learn how to drive in a proper fashion.

You mean about 17 mph over the speed limit passing a line of cars in the shoulder like at least one person does every time I drive through Chicago Tongue

The flow of traffic on Chicago expressways is 20-25 over because the 55mph speed limit is laughable and people want to move efficiently.

Move over, Cheesehead. Smiley

I had to drive through Downstate a few times (Peoria to Springfield to St. Louis); the fast driving is a statewide thing and by no means confined to Chicago.

Besides, no one can top Rhode Island as the worst drivers in the Union ... They aren't even particularly fast.  They're LITERALLY just bad.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »

I had to drive through Downstate a few times (Peoria to Springfield to St. Louis); the fast driving is a statewide thing and by no means confined to Chicago.

Fast driving? Believe me, they have no idea what fast driving is Cheesy
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 05:21:16 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2015, 05:26:17 PM by Mr. Illini »

Also Sconnies need to learn how to drive in a proper fashion.

You mean about 17 mph over the speed limit passing a line of cars in the shoulder like at least one person does every time I drive through Chicago Tongue

The flow of traffic on Chicago expressways is 20-25 over because the 55mph speed limit is laughable and people want to move efficiently.

Move over, Cheesehead. Smiley

Besides, no one can top Rhode Island as the worst drivers in the Union ... They aren't even particularly fast.  They're LITERALLY just bad.

As someone who frequents many different Illinois expressways, if you were intimidated downstate, you'd be out of your mind in Chicagoland.

For example, on the rural expressways downstate I usually stick to 80-85 (70mph speed limits), and I am usually passing 3/4 of cars on the road.

In Chicagoland, I usually travel 75-80 (55mph speed limits) and find myself at the median speed and in the middle lane. The far right doing 70 and the far left pushing 80-85+ depending on what traffic allows for.

That said, I'm sure you've driven through Boston before, and they are just as fast as Chicago, if not faster and more aggressive.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 04:21:53 AM »

Illinois (mostly because of Chicago and because of the fact that I live in the state), but I like both states.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »

Illinois. It's considerably to the left of Wisconsin and Chicagoland is easily one of the most appealing areas of the Midwest.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »

Like any good red-blooded Illinoisan, I maintain a love-hate relationship with Wisconsin.  I've spent many fine summer weeks as a proud FIB there, the people are friendly, the state is beautiful ... On the other hand, I hate all their sports teams and can't stand their drivers.

Anyway, obviously the Land of Lincoln.  Our politics are a joke sometimes, and our economy certainly isn't leading the pack; IL is far from a perfect state.  However, it's where I was born, and I love it.  It's absolutely one of the most underrated states, even taking out the world class city of Chicago.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2015, 07:02:03 PM »

Illinois
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies