Gay marriage opponents' strategy uncertain in 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:09:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay marriage opponents' strategy uncertain in 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay marriage opponents' strategy uncertain in 2015  (Read 19437 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: April 25, 2015, 01:11:46 PM »

As much as I usually hate cliches, the "if you don't like same sex marriage, don't have one" line is concise and gets right at the heart of the matter and why the opponents of SSM are losing. SSM opponents can...not get married to a same-sex spouse. You could even call it a boycott!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 04:32:43 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2015, 04:46:31 PM by The Mikado »

As much as I usually hate cliches, the "if you don't like same sex marriage, don't have one" line is concise and gets right at the heart of the matter and why the opponents of SSM are losing. SSM opponents can...not get married to a same-sex spouse. You could even call it a boycott!
By that logic, we should also legalize polygamy (because you can...not have a polygamous marriage!) and public nudity (because you can...wear clothes!).

I fail to see the problem with the former, and there are important sanitary and health concerns with public nudity (especially the barefoot aspect...broken glass on the sidewalk leads to litigation against the city etc.)

Public nudity: leaving people outside without identification, money, keys, or any of the other essentials for being outside. Totally safe and totally similar to SSM.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies